Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Non Star Wars Movies and TV

><DarthSinister's>< Must See TV

<< < (3/3)

DarthSinister:
During the Summer Months  and every Sunday evening on TCM is a really cool programing event called ESSENTIALS jr. This is a single film chosen by the host, Bill Hader and is fun for the whole family.

This Sunday is a fun one, the 1956 original "GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS!".

This is on at 7:00PM CST.

Following Godzilla is another classic beast 1949 "MIGHTY JOE YOUNG". This one brings back Creature Feature memories from my childhood.

This one is on at 8:45PM CST.

If you ever wanted to try to watch a silent film Sunday is also the time for that, especially this Sunday. At 11:00PM CST for this Sunday's Silent Sunday is 1920s "THE MARK OF ZORRO" with Douglas Fairbanks. I've seen this one and it's a lot of fun.

Tamer:
I went back through and watched many of the older Godzilla movies (including that first one) right before I went to see the new film. I must say there is still something about them that holds my interest.

DarthSinister:

--- Quote from: Tamer on June 25, 2014, 07:40:34 AM ---I went back through and watched many of the older Godzilla movies (including that first one) right before I went to see the new film. I must say there is still something about them that holds my interest.

--- End quote ---

So how was the new flick? I hated the one from the 90's.

This Sunday on TCM the Summer fun continues!

Jason And The Argonauts (1963)

7PM CST 7/6
Todd Armstrong portrays Jason in the Greek legend about the rightful heir to the throne of Thessaly. Honor Blackman plays the goddess Hera who spares his life and sends him on a mission aboard a ship named Argo to find the mystical Golden Fleece. As other Mount Olympus celestial beings watch from above, he is plagued by a host of obstacles, from a giant statue that comes to life and howling harpies who plague Patrick Troughton as the blind prophet Phineas, to gigantic rocks, a seven-headed hydra, and an army of battling skeletons. Supporting characters in this epic classic include Nancy Kovack and Nigel Green. Ray Harryhausen's legendary special effects bring it all alive. (1963)

After that...

The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad (1958)

9PM CST 7/6
The mighty Sinbad, played by Kerwin Mathews, is besieged by a slew of beastly adventures on his way to Baghdad with Kathryn Grant as his fiancée, the Princess Parisa. But our hero can't catch a break: on his voyage, they land on the isle of Colossa where the crew battles a gigantic, bestial one-eyed Cyclops. Luckily, the mysterious evil magician Sokurah, played by Torin Thatcher, comes to the rescue with a magic lamp. But they must go back to the evil isle to find the egg of a roc, a fierce, giant bird, so the princess can be returned to her normal size after being miniaturized by Sokurah. Along the way, they encounter more mythological creatures, including a two-headed roc, a fire breathing dragon, and an army of battling skeletons. This hi-def version adds to the magic of Ray Harryhausen's special effects. (1958)

Great family viewing!

Tamer:
Well, overall I did like the movie. My one gripe is we get to see very little of him in actual conflict or his full body on the screen. I will say the finishing move he makes on his enemy pretty much makes up for it though. I will admit though that I liked all of the G movies even the terrible 90's versions.

And I have both of those movies on VHS (really need to get these on dvd if I can find em). I really enjoyed Sinbad. I keep hoping we will go back to some effects of creatures like this for the new Episode Seven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version