Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Vehicles

WIP: Humpback Gunship

<< < (3/4) > >>

mr.Jedi1977:
This is very cool , I  like it . The overall design /greeble work is great . Look forward to seeing more.

CamoDeafie:
Everyone; Thanks!!! :D
Weathering progression;

First round of weathering; I utilized acrylic paints, using matte black and various tinting shades of green, red, gray-blue, and purple; as well as thinned semigloss black. ALso drybrushed with a mixture of Prismacolor's metallic silver and Testor's flat black on the engine deck, after using a slight "rust" wash made with burnt umber and yellow, thinned out.

Added paint "chips" using the Prismacolor metallic silver pen

Repainted some of the panels that I was not satisfied with, and added a little bit more weathering to the hull panel edges

Added some more paint chipping to the wings, and some more weathering to the wings' edges, and added a thin red band on the canopy frame. Last pic in the above set is of a panel that could hide a pop-out swiveling blaster like the unit used on Millennium Falcon in ESB.

Finished ship (minus the R2) in front of the X-wing and ARC-X display; with ARC cannons removed.

R2 dome repainted; Tamiya Flat red with Testors Model Master flat black, and Prismacolor silver pen, I don't remember if there is such an R2 in canon yet, although I know of a red dome one with white/silver panels.

Finished, still minus the ARC wing guns.

All complete with wing cannons installed, and with both S-foils closed and open, as well as in flight mode.
The R2 unit enters the craft from the bottom from one of the large panel openings in front of the rear landing gear.
EDIT: Last picture in this series shows just how large the ARC wings are compared to the X-wing sets even on the ARC-X hull.

Tamer:
Very nice build. Thanks for sharing it with us. Off to share it on our pages.

hemble:
Love it great work mate.

Ron

glorbes:
That's a very attractive design with a great profile.  Nice work on the finishes and the weathered paint job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version