Poll

What style of clothing would Bruce Lee wear if he was a Jedi?

Darth Maul
1 (20%)
Obi-Wan
0 (0%)
Anakin
0 (0%)
Kung Fu w/ Jedi robe
4 (80%)
Jedi Luke (Jabba's palace)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 28, 2012, 10:05:29 AM

Author Topic: Jedi version of Bruce Lee  (Read 1392 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Jedi version of Bruce Lee
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
I've been wanting to make a 1/6 scale Jedi Bruce Lee and I just wanted your opinion on what would look cool on him. Also please give input on what kind of weapons/lightsaber he would use. Thanks guys, I hope we get a lot of participation on this one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jedi version of Bruce Lee
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »
Wow Tom, what a cool idea. Let me think.

Ultimately I could see a few versions of this. I think I would love an armored version in either Mandolorian Armor or some sort of mismash like L.E. is doing with his Twilek Mando. I am envisioning this whole ensemble being covered by Jedi Robes. If you listen to our podcast with Incom he describes creating his Old Republic Jedi that I think could look cool the same way too, but with a Bruce Lee head. I think Rahm Kota would be a good choice for a base figure too.

I could also see one done in a kind of training style armor like the one recently used by Jedi Minstrel.

Of course, there is always the shirtless well muscled version that would be cool too. Perhaps using the lower torso and legs of a luke in training figure would work good for this. Wow, this sounds like a SW Bruce Lee Evolution Series.

I also think you need to get that fierce look on the face so perhaps some sculpting work would be needed.

Let me go put this one on our FB Page and see if folks will comment too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:25:56 PM by Tamer »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »
Great idea Tom! You must have a second Slayer head you are ready to use eh? The first thing I picture is that old Qui Gon figure in Jedi training gear. It had a cool look and I would love to see you recreate that style on an articulated figure.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »
Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking of doing this custom with a 12" figure. I wish I had a second Slayer head of Bruce Lee. Hey Tamer, you should try to get one of the head honchos over at Slayerdesignstudio.net to come on the podcast. I don't think they realize how sorely missed their website is right now. Or that Star Wars customizers are also really into what they make, not just Joe customizers.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »
Not a bad idea there Tom.