Author Topic: Carrera Toys slot cars 2020  (Read 526 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Carrera Toys slot cars 2020
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
Wasn’t sure where to put this. As slot cars have piled into another hobby/collection for me filled with rarities and lighted customs, I knew that my favorite slot car manufacturer, Carrera Toys, should be making an announcement at Toy Fair about their 2020 line of 1/32 and 1/24 slot cars and sets. Well, the list is out with pics up on Carreraslots.com and I’m fairly pleased with the new offerings. Not so much, the modern dtm stuff or the multitude of necessary repaints of last years offerings. I’m lured by some. It was the re releases of modernized digital chassis versions of older stuff, from years ago, that excited me.   The collectors must have been clamoring  for this stuff to come back.

A few shots thanks to carreraslots
First two,both big scale 1/24 cars,  this old Lola and the Ford-gt40, is it?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:36:36 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Carrera Toys slot cars 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:27:37 PM »
1/32 scale cars, ty to carraslots for the shots. These are all mock-ups, of course. A couple of the new released cars and one of the new sets don’t have images available yet and they probably won’t be for months. This is usual practice from year to year
I thought this newer modified mustang was interesting, there were two different versions of that one
Some of the Old style body re-releases
Plymouth roadrunner
Plymouth superbird
Dodge Charger

I have older Evolution analog versions of a couple of these cars in different deco I could use these to chassis swap with, easily upgrading those older way out of production cars I got.

There were plenty more new releases, more on the 1/32 side for sure.
They are barreling forward as they have.
No news on new tech or accessories

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:33:08 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Carrera Toys slot cars 2020
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:06:37 AM »
Look pretty sweet to me. So much more detailed than the versions I remember pulling the trigger on.