Author Topic: Hello Everyone.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Vascrypt

• Cadet
Hello Everyone.
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:25:50 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is John. I am 22 years old and I am from Seattle, WA. I recently started collecting Star Wars figures and items about 5 months ago, and I have an extensive knowledge about the saga (been a fan since around age 6). My love for Star Wars goes back to when my twin brother Greg and I got lightsabers for our birthday. I got the infamous Darth Vader lightsaber, and Greg received the Luke Skywalker one, so we can easily tell which side of the force I'm biased towards lol.

A few quick facts about me:

I am 22
My middle name is DuWayne (My dad is from Louisiana...)
I am currently about to hit my EAS in the U.S. Marine Corps (I'm a Corporal, MOS 0351: Assaultman)
My brother is also in the Marines (I might be 5 minutes younger, but hey, I'm the Corporal, he's a Lance Coolie lol.)
I love doing anything that has to do with exercising
I love the Star Wars franchise (can not stand trekies)
I have 1 moto tat
and I'm an all around nice guy :)

To close my little introduction, I look forward to fitting in with other SW collectors. I'm not much of a customizer per se, but if I find some great tips, I might just give it a try. I DEFINITELY look forward to meeting everyone on the message boards.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hello Everyone.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »
Hey welcome to ISY.

I am quite glad to meet another military guy (I am an Army Vet though) and do thank you for your service. It is folks like you and your brother that allow us to acquire all these great plastic items.

I too am not much of a customizer, but love the art and trust me these folks here will have you up and off on that art in not time. I must say they have infinite patience to deal with the likes of me and some of the things you will see them create will knock your running shoes off.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
Welcome aboard John... good to have ya here @ ISY  Marine - lem'me see your warface!!! :)
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
Welcome to the Yards John!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »
Welcome aboard, John!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
hey John, welcome to the Yards, have fun!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
Welcome! I went from collecting to customizing! Definitely give it a try! It's addicting... my entire basement has become a laboratory of plastic mayhem :D

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
Welcome John! The Yards are among the coolest places to talk collecting and customizing, but the work these guys do to promote customizing is just awesome. Have a look around at the various customizers' threads and the tutorial section and you'll have a workbench set up for yourself in no time!  ;D

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:51 AM »
welcome to the nexus of figure customization ,this site will  A) rot your soul with custom figure awesomeness   B)ruin your social life (if you have one)   C)give an insane and irational need to pick a figure up and slap paint all over it   D)lock your self away in your room and do things that will make you go blind ...with a paintbrush of course .........or maybe not ...muwhahahaha,cough! ...muw..cough! cough!..gah!..........................(thud!)........
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms