Author Topic: AT-AT Driver  (Read 6930 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: AT-AT Driver
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »
unfortunatley the mini busts are outta my finacial reach so i collect the bust ups and the AT-AT driver bust up is excellent  also i have the very rare commander gree bust up.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
Is that the Episode III Commander Gree?  Never could land that one.  Still, if you were ever in the market for any of these busts, don't give up: local conventions and Ebay are ripe with possibilities, many under $20!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »
yes its the episode 3 gree the chase rare from the bust ups army builder set have seen them going on ebay for $100+ how mad is that!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »
I know, that's one I'd LOVE to get my hands on.  Sorry, back to the original thread...

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 02:59:28 AM »
I'm considering getting this GG AT-AT Driver bust to go with my life-size armor and helmet.

BTW for the GG AT-AT Driver bust owners who want it more accurate and with minimal work I would recommend to paint the small "pimple" between the "clock greeblies" in silver and the mouth/frown needs to be painted black and only then the bottom half of the center tooth red. The shoulder connectors need those pair of small bumps to be painted silver as they were real thumbscrews on the screen used suit. The dual small black rectangular greeblies next to the BOC holders need to have a small white vertical stripe.

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 04:13:04 AM »
Wow, I never knew there were so many inaccuracies in this. I still like mine though. If I ever come across another deal on a loose one I will knab another.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »
If I'm getting it I intend to do these minor modifications to it. Not sure about the mouth grille/frown, but the other 2 for sure.

BTW I like how the shoulder bells are sewed to the suit, the hoses (the one on the right of the pic) has a strap, and the armor is strapped with black material on the lateral torso
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:54:09 AM by jkno »
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 05:14:34 AM »
Serg, I would love to see this show up in my AT-AT Driver Costuming Thread. I will be very soon facing those issues and anything along those lines would be very helpful. Cool information.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 05:57:08 AM »
Since you are getting the moncal helmet and armor I don't think there will these issues. Even Marmit on their 1:6 figure and tomy on the mini-helmet made these right. Just GG missed them
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »
Gentle Giant AT-AT Driver bust from a cool RS member - I upgraded it a bit making it more accurate - at least 4-5 painting upgrades can be seen in the pics below, I wanted to make this bust as accurate as possible, the only thing I didn't paint accurate black was the silver mouth/frown, but I improved the red section on it anyways:

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:15 AM »
If I'm getting it I intend to do these minor modifications to it. Not sure about the mouth grille/frown, but the other 2 for sure.

BTW I like how the shoulder bells are sewed to the suit, the hoses (the one on the right of the pic) has a strap, and the armor is strapped with black material on the lateral torso
serg, did that door accessory come with this one?

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:29 AM »
serg, did that door accessory come with this one?

not sure what you mean buddy. 

Anyway as I said I customized the GG AT-AT bust to make it more screen accurate. There were a bit more painting improvements needed than I first thought. Here are all the changes I made: for example the red dots on the helmet were totally missing on the GG bust (not hard to add with a bit of red paint, and lots of care and patience): there is one on the front right side of the helmet (left side in the pic) just above the small gray button next to the mohawk, another red dot on the same side, but on the back, behind the ear, a small red square on the mohawk in the back, next to the red arrow, and a red dot on the middle of the left ear.

On top of the dual cannisters (the ones in the back, with hoses) I added a black dot on the silver parts, since the real screen used metal greeblies have a hole on top (they are in fact some kind of washers) - I also added a black dot on round part of the glove commpad (it also comes with a hole in the real movie suit - again a washer). Back to the helmet I added 2 small white stripes on the black greeblies next to the BOC hangers, and I also painted the small "pimple" between the "clock greeblies" in silver. On the armor there are 2 ribbed shoulder bridges connecting the front and back armour plates, and the 2 pairs of small bumps I painted silver, as they were real thumbscrews on the screen used armor.

All these were missing on the GG bust but present on the Tomy scaled helmet and the old Marmit 1:6 figure.

My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »
Looks awesome Serg. Off to the front page with this update.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
Here is a pic of it from the back, you can see the red dot behind the right ear, the small red square on the mohawk next to the red arrow and above the small black box, and the silver dot on the ribbed shoulder armor connectors:

My collection
Trade Feedback