Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384453 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3000 on: August 02, 2021, 06:28:27 AM »
That's great news, Tamer! Still cannot believe that Hasbro has finally given us a Jaxxon figure after so many decades! Also good to hear they actually give you some service for the $50 annual membership.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3001 on: August 02, 2021, 06:35:16 AM »
Found these 7 Vintage figures on a fleamarket for 25€/$28 USD. So these are my very first original Kenner figures. It was nice talking to the seller. He told me these are his childhood figures and he connects special memories to them. Don't know why he sold them then, but I keep them in honor.
After the fleamarket I stopped at a SmythToys nearby. You can take a look at my store report after the jump. It was a great Saturday!

The Kenner pop-up R2-D2 is also in great condition and was part of an Astromech Droid collection which I got for 400€ on ebay. It came with 42 droids, two of which are even remote controlled! Love that WallE figure as well. And when I read the print on R2-KT's back goosebumps hit me hard!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:25:01 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3002 on: August 04, 2021, 07:43:10 AM »
Very nice. Now that is a lot of droids. Love those vintage figures too. You got those for a great price.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3003 on: August 10, 2021, 01:05:29 PM »
Thanks Tamer! I’m really happy with those pick-ups. Today after work I picked up these 7 boxed figures. The guy who sold them to me just wanted 119€, so I took them for 120€. Unbelievable to have all these for 15€ while their MRSP is 18,99€ and 26,99€ here.

- Corporate Alliance Tank - 19€ shipped
By now I think the Hailfire Droid is way rarer here than this one. It’s funny that the one I got before misses the other “eye” so I can complete one now. The rest will be re-casted in Resin.

- TCW Ahsoka & Luminara - 25€ shipped
Hadn’t gotten a complete Ahsoka with Rotta before, so I’m a happy camper. Almost got Commander Jett for 20€, but he was already sold.

- 4x TCW Clone Troopers & a couple extras - 16,50€ shipped
This Battle Pack was hard to find here. These Clones look amazing and seeing how the child owning them before me, added a Yoda to them made me smile. Toys get lost sometimes.

- POTJ Jek Porkins - 9,60€ shipped
Happy to have him now. Found him on eBay

So these are my finds of the last couple weeks. Waiting for one more to arrive.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:23:27 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3004 on: August 11, 2021, 08:02:23 AM »
Wow, you are finding the stuff. I did get in a TVC Hoth Luke from Pulse, but it was damaged. Gotta see how to get that replaced and or returned.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3005 on: August 15, 2021, 08:17:24 AM »
If you can believe it I actually want to a Con this past weekend (Steel City Con in Pittsburgh, PA) and found a few things. I found mostly great deals too. I didn't stay too long on Saturday though as it was literally shoulder to shoulder (I mean crazy)!

This is the R2 EE refunded my money on as the came with damaged cards even in straight cases.

The Pirates (MLB Ball Team) even had a Pirates night on Friday and were giving away Pirates Mandalorian Shirts. I got three! The only bad thing was it got rained out and instead of staying for the game the next day (they won by over ten runs and have been playing horrible this year) we decided to go back later in September for another game.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:19:52 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3006 on: August 16, 2021, 01:51:49 AM »
Talk about one epic haul, Tamer! I'm amazed by the condition of the Action Fleet X-Wing! Awesome scores there! Now you got the Dagobah scene in 1/12 scale complete. Are you going to build a diorama with the X-Wing in the background?

So glad you finally got out after such a long time to enjoy a convention, again. There's one in September here in Germany, but I cannot go because of my next exams.

Thanks for sharing all these nice things to look at  :D Hope you didn't pay a fortune for that Proto Boby...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3007 on: August 16, 2021, 03:00:51 AM »
That proto boba was about double the original price, but since I do not have a target anywhere near me and seeing as how a couple of vendors had em quadruple the original price I didn't feel too bad.

And yes that Action Fleet was crazy good. When I went back the next day they had another one set out that was almost in as good a shape and I wish now I had bought it too.

It was a fun day on Friday. Saturday was just too crazy crowded with this new delta variant going around. We pretty much went in and got out quickly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3008 on: August 18, 2021, 03:03:56 AM »
Finally got my Shadow Stormy, but he is dinged up a bit

The peg hole is all buggered up. We will see if their customer service is as good as I remember it.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3009 on: August 19, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »
  I got my EE Purge Troopers, so that rounds out my ee order, just waiting for the extra shadows from bbts. I still don't know if these were EE exclusives or not. It said ee exclusives but people swore they ordered it from bbts and dorkside. Id like to have a follow up if any of those orders actually came through.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3010 on: August 20, 2021, 01:18:00 AM »
Love those troopers both the Shadow and Purge boys! Can't have enough of those Stormies, the sculpt is just so fantastic. Can't wait to see the Airborne Troopers return as well. Awesome arrivals, gentlemen. Have fun with your latest additions and a wonderful weekend!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3011 on: August 25, 2021, 05:09:32 AM »
Found this set for 80€ shipped. The figures are complete and like new. Still have the rubber straps around their blasters.

Had bought the set with the Rebel Ground Transport from this seller back in April. It took 4 weeks after payment this time, even longer than last time. I was so close to report him, but then he finally sent it to me.

Very glad to have Mr Vebb now and a Jedi with boots I can put on and off him.
Mc Bad Motherf******'s Starfighter looks really nice as well. I like the metallic details!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3012 on: August 26, 2021, 02:28:27 AM »
Oh yeah, good stuff. Like the JSF too. Purple is a good color on that ship.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3013 on: August 27, 2021, 12:17:26 PM »
Thank you, Tamer! The Jedi Starfighter will always stay my favorite Starship from Hasbro, not only because it was the very first vehicle that I got as a boy, but also because of it's cool features. Love the opening wings and cockpit, firing missiles and overall size of the vehicle. As far as my measures are correct it's actual 1/18 scale and has always been the perfect size for me to play around and dream of a galaxy far, far away.

The picture of the previous owner was so dark that I thought it was Obi-Wan's Starfighter. So it was a happy surprise to see it was Mace's which is somewhat rarer here plus I still don't know if I already got it. Got at least one extra of Kenobi's which I'm going to repaint this coming winter.
Thanks for commenting!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #3014 on: August 27, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »
Found this set of Kotobukiya statues back in February 2020. Don't know why I didn't post it right away along with the other stuff back then.

The three Clones were a local pick up for 50€ each back in 2018 on my way across the country.

In 2020 I got the Snowtrooper, Royal Guard, Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, Obi-Wan (ROTS), Darth Vader (ROTS) and Commander Cody. Luke's head and the second arm of Cody holding the droid's head were missing and they were pretty dusty. But I had a nice talk to the guy selling them to me for 340€ including a TLC Jabba's Rancor on top.
Meanwhile I sold most of them again, but took enough pictures for a review before.

Kotobukiya made some sweet statues for sure.