Author Topic: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures  (Read 110803 times)

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
Re: Chuckles' Custom Star Wars Figures
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »
VERY cool additions. Would look perfect on any SW set.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #256 on: January 04, 2020, 04:40:59 AM »
Started work on half a dozen new custom projects today. Most of them incorporate parts from Marauder's WWII line.

...and that's why I can't keep up punching my Keyboard! If customizing  was a race you were a Formula 1 car, if it was about production, you were a big factory running 24/7 whereas I was a small local store that only opens twice a year. If it was a gun you were a gatling gun. And I could continue, but my metaphors would only become more bizarre.
Starting with your henchman! He looks brilliant! Never thought of repainting the Imperial Navy Offiver's helmet! The way you dry-brushed it really puts its details in a new light. Enloe Trials is a fantastic series, indeed!
I think CHEWIE shares his work only on YakFace now?
By the way if you're looking for relatively cheap fodder, you can find TVC Klaatu for only $5.99 on Walmart.com at the moment.
The Mandalorian is VERY inspiring and I dig how many customs you've  already made related to it!
One can tell by the sheer amount of customs that you really love what you do!
I'm always amazed how you even use rare parts for your customs! I mean your collection of parts & accessories alone is absolutely epic!
Mandalore the Ultimate is one of my favorite figures based on The Old Republic. Hope to see many more characters of the Expanded Universe by Hasbro,
And your "quick background character alien" made me chuckle this morning. I can't help myself, but Bom Vimdin always reminds me of some grumpy looking guy...and I'm not even a fan of memes.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2020, 09:12:05 AM »
OMG. Yeah, I can see that this one is just crazy, but I love it anyway! Mostly it's Bossk, I added AT-AT driver feet, and some gloves (but I forget where they came from), and this crazy helmet (a cast from somewhere online, but again I have forgotten where). He's extra dirty because he's part of the Barge work crew (crew pic at bottom).

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
...and that's why I can't keep up punching my Keyboard! If customizing  was a race you were a Formula 1 car, if it was about production, you were a big factory running 24/7 whereas I was a small local store that only opens twice a year. If it was a gun you were a gatling gun. And I could continue, but my metaphors would only become more bizarre...

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback! Honestly, I'm about to slow WAY down on the action figures. I've been imagining this home-office (nerd hobby room) for a long time, but whenever I have time to work on it I spend that time making another figure so I've decided 2020 is the year of the layout! I have some boring office stuff to work out (desk instead of foldout table, wall shelves, and upgrade lighting), and I really need to build an airbrush spray booth this year, but I'm also going to get serious about the shelf diorama. I've got to build a bar & distillery, prop-doors, internal walls, a TON of greeble props, probably more LED lighting, buckets of painting, and more. I'll start a new thread over in the Diorama section to post updates about my progress.

Meanwhile, here's a big group shot I took last night! Pretty sure there are 78 custom figures in this pic. (I'm going to have to re-shoot eventually; I forgot the Ewok customs.)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2020, 09:34:32 AM »
Man I like all of these. You are using your time to great effect! Off to the front pages.

Wow, you were posting as I was writing. Now that is some group of customs! Nice.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #260 on: January 04, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
Now that is a very cool shot there! Reminds me of the custom collection update which customsforthekid shared yesterday! All the awesomeness united. Definitely an impressive shot there!
Cheers!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #261 on: January 04, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »
Now that is a very cool shot there! Reminds me of the custom collection update which customsforthekid shared yesterday! All the awesomeness united. Definitely an impressive shot there!
Cheers!

Oh yeah, this shot was definitely inspired by Customs for the Kid shots.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2020, 07:07:54 AM »
Had to get more of your update on the front pages.

I look forward to you diorama project.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2020, 07:36:56 AM »
...and that's why I can't keep up punching my Keyboard! If customizing  was a race you were a Formula 1 car, if it was about production, you were a big factory running 24/7 whereas I was a small local store that only opens twice a year. If it was a gun you were a gatling gun. And I could continue, but my metaphors would only become more bizarre...

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback! Honestly, I'm about to slow WAY down on the action figures. I've been imagining this home-office (nerd hobby room) for a long time, but whenever I have time to work on it I spend that time making another figure so I've decided 2020 is the year of the layout! I have some boring office stuff to work out (desk instead of foldout table, wall shelves, and upgrade lighting), and I really need to build an airbrush spray booth this year, but I'm also going to get serious about the shelf diorama. I've got to build a bar & distillery, prop-doors, internal walls, a TON of greeble props, probably more LED lighting, buckets of painting, and more. I'll start a new thread over in the Diorama section to post updates about my progress.

Meanwhile, here's a big group shot I took last night! Pretty sure there are 78 custom figures in this pic. (I'm going to have to re-shoot eventually; I forgot the Ewok customs.)

What a wretched hive of scum and villainy! In the best ways of course. Haha. Great work!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #264 on: January 06, 2020, 08:59:10 AM »
I said it out on FB, But you are killing it.  The new pilot/barge crew guy is wonderful.  I have several of those Alien's helmets from Reaction figures I nabbed on clearance, but I haven't been able to make them work with anything, but You figured out how to make it look awesome.  And the whole set is just top notch work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
Wow - 78 customs plus Ewoks! That's a prodigious output. I like how you are blending the Marauder parts into your figures. It works really well. I think the Mandalore masked assassin is great and adding the bayonet was a fantastic move.  I can see why you like the giant helmet barge crewman - I actually think he fits in nicely with the rest of the crew. Keep up the amazing work and good luck on the room arrangements.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »
Starchaser reviving my thread! Making me feel like a slacker for weeks of no-output. ;)
Thanks for the comments. Some new stuff in the works...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2020, 11:24:08 PM »
That's my job. Really it's just a product of being on schedule overload with too many late nights :)

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2020, 11:44:11 AM »
When an idea is stuck in your head, how much would you pay for the fodder to make it?
Here's a new Henchman (pretty sure he's a pirate).
Mostly the parts are from the Klatooinian Raider (minus the helmet, bandoliers, and skirt). I swapped out the belt for a Vizam belt/skirt which has some new Marauder WWII pouches, and has been painted. The hat, from a Pirates of the Caribbean figure, has been dremeled out to fit this head. Lastly the head, neck, and hands have been painted a slightly different shade to differentiate this from the original Raider character.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »
Also, once I got some Marauder WWII pouches in hand I started spreading them around. Here are a bunch of my custom henchmen figures all with new (and painted) pouches. I'll definitely be doing more of this!