Author Topic: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures  (Read 110972 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Chuckles' Custom Star Wars Figures
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »
With your Mandalorian, perhaps he's past his prime and this is his retirement? As for not removing the helmet, the only logical response is due to the Imperial purge of Mandalore. Loving the rifle design!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2019, 04:20:12 PM »
Lots of great stuff here since my last visit, Chuckles. I especially like the use of parts for that trio of pirates. The Mandalorian in furs came to mind while working on the Armorer recently, so it's fun to see him updated. Also love the leg wraps on your bar dio waitress, and will be inspired to incorporate something similar into a future figure build.

Thanks man! Definitely look forward to seeing what you do with Boss Fight furs!

Great Ewok update. I will say it again, I really like the turtle/tortoise shields, those are great. The Aphra substitution looks really good (is that GI Joe Baroness hair?). I like the rifle, it looks great and fits the fur-lined "barbarian" feel of the Mando.

I remember seeing a rad custom Ewok, like 10 or more years ago, that used a turtle shell as an Ewok helmet. That was definitely the inspiration for my turtle shields. 

Holy crap, those ewoks are awesome.  I've seen a few people do the "savage ewoks", but yours are some of the better ones I've seen.

Thanks man!

With your Mandalorian, perhaps he's past his prime and this is his retirement? As for not removing the helmet, the only logical response is due to the Imperial purge of Mandalore. Loving the rifle design!

Thanks, more custom accessories in the works!

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2019, 04:28:42 PM »
THIS IS NOT MY CUSTOM FIGURE.
So please don't put this on the front page!

I went looking through my saved reference material and found that old turtle-helmet custom Ewok. I don't know who made this figure, but I LOVE it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:30:37 PM by Chuckles »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2019, 04:20:01 AM »
LOL. Thanks for the warning. In my older age I need it! Great head gear on that Ewok.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2019, 09:10:28 AM »
LOL. Thanks for the warning. In my older age I need it! Great head gear on that Ewok.

I looks sculpted on, right? One of these days I'm going to make a similar Ewok helmet custom...

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
By the styling / painting looks like an OWEN DRISCOLL creation?

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2019, 03:18:15 AM »
Whew and the Ewok awesomeness continues...thanks for the warning! I wouldn't have noticed without my glasses on. lol
I really like your Doctor Aphra custom, mate! I also wish her hat was removable. But variation and at least a couple accessories for your bucks seem to be exclusive to The Black Series by now.
Heck even if the regular release had a removable hat, people would've bought both: the 3-Pack with her droids AND the VC card...oh Haslow...
Luckily there're customizers like you out there!
I really dig your custom of yaddle! The Mando looks sharp, too!

Now, I like that you have a folder with reference pics, too! I have two Ewoks in my fodder bag so far. I need to customize one of them similar to the one you shared above for my next Endor project. I'll call him...Ewok pioneer! LOVE those tortoise shells on them!
Thanks so much for all this goodness on share with us on here!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:20:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2019, 03:48:37 AM »
It looks sculpted on to me. I can't recall over seeing head gear like that over the years. I have been around for quite a few of em.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
I started this one at least 15 years ago. For a long time it was just a simple head and hand swap. This morning I changed the front belt-pouch, added the neck wrap, painted the leg warmers, and weathered the whole figure. I think it looks a lot better now. Jawa in the pic for size reference.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
I like that Rodian.  You took that very simple TPM Anankin figures and really made it nice with the pouch and neck wrap.  And you are doing an amazing job sculpting the fabric.  Well done, sir!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2019, 07:29:06 AM »
The Rodian looks great. Off to the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #221 on: December 09, 2019, 08:09:16 AM »
Excellent rodian! I know this is gonna sound weird, but their fingers creep me out. They look so weird.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2019, 12:28:15 AM »
The punishers turned out well. But I really like that Rodian youngling. The pouch and neck wrap really add something to this figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2019, 03:57:42 AM »
Figures like this Rodian Youngling are another gold mine I think Hasbro could mine if they ever could get their act together totally. Can you imagine seeing that on a Vintage Card. Hotcakes I tell you!

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2019, 12:36:25 AM »
Chuckles, as others have already said, the young rodian is great! The classic SW species are always a hit for me. It's exciting to see what can be accomplished with imagination and a parts bin. You and Moronarama both consistently do such a great job with these ff customs. It must be rodian week, because I have a gunslinger coming soon... his uncle, perhaps.  ;)