Author Topic: Don's Custom Star Wars Figures  (Read 110757 times)

Offline Don

• Captain
Re: Chuckles' Custom Figures
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2019, 06:58:38 AM »
Wow, that's a solid workbench in your garage, Chuckles! It's also great to hear that your wife is also making crafts - very creative couple there!
I also added a picture of my workbench - at least of how it looks now. Essential things like a new lamp are to be replaced:
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=3139.msg214581#msg214581

Now, these are two more excellent custom figures - as said before. I agree with Starchaser: Going back to the roots is always a good journey especially when you're looking for new ideas.
So is that female Marauder head from a G.I. Joe figure?
I can see a TFU II Galen Marek body there for the Duro general. Nice use of Mara Jade, too! That's one brilliant use for TBS figures on clearance - especially if we get those fairly expensive figures with photo real update. It seems repacks is all we get from Hasbro in The Rep...Vintage Collection now.
This makes me appreciate customizing even more with every sunrise!

Thanks for all the great pics to look at! Your art is pure delicacy!
Nice orange juice, too!
Cheers!

- Philipp

HAHAHAHA, first things first! That's not orange juice! It's an east coast style "hazy" IPA. Craft beer (especially locally made) is the ONLY beer. ;)

Next, Marauders is a thing you really need to know about! Marauders Gun Runners started out making guns and other accessories for military style 3.75 figures. That evolved into them making action figures. They've done half a dozen Kickstarter campaigns to get a next wave or theme of figures funded. Mostly it's modern-era military figures, but their most recent Kickstarter (shipping any day now) is for World War 2 figures and accessories (those should be in their online shop by the end of the year). And the best part about Marauder; they sell parts of figures! You can buy just the head, or just the legs, or hands, or the accessories, instead of whole figures. It's GREAT for modern military customizers (I may have to share mine), but there are also useful parts for SW customizers. Go check them out!
www.marauderinc.com

And, I mentioned in your thread; your workbench looks great!

EDIT: Marauder is where I got those cool scarves and shemaghs! https://www.marauderinc.com/category-s/2011.htm

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:29:09 AM by Chuckles »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »
I still have a bunch of back-catalog to share, but this one is BRAND NEW this morning!

Ebay seller Tunghori recently had Que-Mars Redat in his shop for only 20 bucks and I've been wanting to use that head for awhile! The rest of these parts came out of the parts bin, and I think it turned out pretty damn good! Also included an in-the-works pic this time (decided against the red wrap). The leg camo and boots got some paint to darken, the shoulders and chest now match, and neck had to be painted. All that paint on the chest meant I had to repaint the necklace to fix paint issues.

I might have to weather this one a bit more, but was excited to share something new this morning...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:33:47 AM by Chuckles »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2019, 11:46:46 PM »
Great combination of parts for this latest build, I really like it. While the bandana/scarf could work, I think you were right to forego it. It would have lost the cool necklace feature on that Villie torso. Great job.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2019, 04:10:40 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2019, 04:14:30 AM »
And I don't mean to jack your customs thread, but I am a huge fan of craft beer and probably get to Richmond two to three times a year. What places would you recommend I go to get the best? Perhaps a pm would be better served here. I really like IPAs.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »
Thank you for the info, Chuckles! Obviously nobody on JTA is capable to mention the price only once! Since they post his listings right after they receive alerts instantly, there's no chance to get them. They sell within seconds...so I'm even happier to know that you got one! I wish Hasbro would re-release those packs. They were NEVER available in Europe.

Your custom looks incredible! Looking at those pictures make me want to own this figure immediately! I think you made a great choice on all parts! I agree that he looks better without the red cravat.
And do I love this shade of blue on the torso! This custom looks too good! Excellent work Chuckles!
Thanks for sharing! I hope Hasbro get inspired, too!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:41:14 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2019, 04:40:53 AM »
And I don't mean to jack your customs thread, but I am a huge fan of craft beer and probably get to Richmond two to three times a year. What places would you recommend I go to get the best? Perhaps a pm would be better served here. I really like IPAs.

Yeah, I was far mistaken by thinking it's orange juice! That IPA looks very interesting! I'd like to try it when Shawn is such a fan of this drink!
I hope Wuher serves them, too! Awesome chat on here!

ADD:

Chuckles: While I was looking at your customs once again (can't get enough of them), I remembered a special box I got in the basement. So if you need more fodder for future projects, this might be of interest for you (in case you haven't gotten those already):

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7112.msg214664#msg214664

Cheers!

- Philipp

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
That is a badass Weequay. A great use of parts.

BTW Tamer next time you're in Richmond, hit Bingo Beer, it's a pretty cool barcade. I like it because it has ROTJ pinball, and you can smoke and drink outside. They brew their beer on location, they have a couple of good IPAs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »
That is a badass Weequay. A great use of parts.

BTW Tamer next time you're in Richmond, hit Bingo Beer, it's a pretty cool barcade. I like it because it has ROTJ pinball, and you can smoke and drink outside. They brew their beer on location, they have a couple of good IPAs.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »
Darth Moore, yeah I've used Indiana Jones figures a couple times. If you go back and look at my clone-who-survived custom it was an easy head-swap to put a clone head on one of those Indiana Jones skull-face guys. And I used the skull from his face on that Ewok with the skull face.
And I used the Indian guy with the top-knot hair thing a couple times. I cut the sculpted bones off him for a couple of my ewoks, and I used part of him for yet another skiff guard (next post).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:24:44 PM by Chuckles »

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »
I'm out camping in southern Utah for Veteran's weekend, but I've got some time between mountain bike and beer to share a custom. ;)

I made this a year or two ago using Skiff Lando pants, Rebel Commando arms, Nikto Skiff Guard chest and waist, and Weequay hands, and Weequay head with dreadlocks removed and an Indiana Jones Indian hair thing added.
I left him pretty clean (instead of weathered), and like to think of him as the dapper skiff guard.

EDIT: I forgot to mention; that is the 1997 POTF2 Weequay head. I cut away his braids, then I cut away the older-style neck peg and dremeled into the bottom of the head so it would fit on the newer style chest-mounted neck ball joint. Then I sanded and painted the head, and added the top-knot.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:07:15 PM by Chuckles »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2019, 04:47:37 PM »
That top knot weequay looks dope!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2019, 05:44:40 AM »
That top knot weequay looks dope!

Word, now that is cool. Off to share.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2019, 08:00:39 PM »
Thanks guys!

Here's another made using Indiana Jones parts; the legs from the skull-face guy. Also used the Vizam chest, older style Lando Skiff belt/skirt with some added pouches, pretty sure those are rebel commando arms, and the head is from Boss Fight.

EDIT: I don't really love the skin tone difference between face and hands. I may have to swap the hands for gloves, or try to paint them closer...

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:38:19 PM by Chuckles »

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2019, 11:00:23 PM »
pretty sure those are rebel commando arms

Those are VC Wooof arms, a great pair of arms that I've been waiting to use for something haha. The guard on the right wrist gives them away. Which torso & arms did you use for the Nov. 5th Weequay custom though? I don't think I'm familiar with those pieces. Great stuff, as always.  :)