Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [YEAR ONE w/END OF YEAR VIDEO]  (Read 64969 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com
« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »
Double D! You have done a supreme job on this build! Call it what you want it looks like a droids cartoon pirate duo to me and I love it. As for the guns on the side it looks like yours are from the Joe line and are very nicely disguised. Great idea ataching the steering veins through them. With out going on and on about each piece the playability and accessories packed into every inch of this thing make it great/perfect for me. The paint job is great and I also love the figures. Nice touches all around. On your photos, I like pics like #1 with the clear rod in the bottom showing more of the vehicle. I would also avoid close ups of the figures like 3, 4 and 11. I like to open with a dramatic front or side shot of the vehicle in flight, then do left, right, and a close up or something like that. I also take any contest pics in the afternoon, outside on my deck  just out of direct sunlight. I also try to use a simple single color backdrop to make my custom stand out and not have the eye distracted by a complex backdrop. Your first shot would be so perfect with a lt. blue backdrop. The white background is reflecting too much light and is creating a slight blur. 

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2011, 06:22:46 PM »
Thanks everybody!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:11:31 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2011, 05:15:53 AM »
Double D! You have done a supreme job on this build! Call it what you want it looks like a droids cartoon pirate duo to me and I love it. As for the guns on the side it looks like yours are from the Joe line and are very nicely disguised. Great idea ataching the steering veins through them. With out going on and on about each piece the playability and accessories packed into every inch of this thing make it great/perfect for me. The paint job is great and I also love the figures. Nice touches all around. On your photos, I like pics like #1 with the clear rod in the bottom showing more of the vehicle. I would also avoid close ups of the figures like 3, 4 and 11. I like to open with a dramatic front or side shot of the vehicle in flight, then do left, right, and a close up or something like that. I also take any contest pics in the afternoon, outside on my deck  just out of direct sunlight. I also try to use a simple single color backdrop to make my custom stand out and not have the eye distracted by a complex backdrop. Your first shot would be so perfect with a lt. blue backdrop. The white background is reflecting too much light and is creating a slight blur. 

LS.  Thanks so much for the feedback.  I"m hoping I can re-shoot the speeder today after work.  I never had the chance to take pictures last night.  I'll definitely implement your suggestions.  Love your mini-rig!!  Elias does too.  The droid in the front sealed the deal for him.  An all around awesome design, paint, well it's just perfect. 8)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2011, 05:55:48 AM »
Wow Daddy, great speeder. I love the green hair on the figs too.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
Thanks Shawn.

Yes...I was thinking a Droids cartoon and Road Warrior mash up.

The Road Warrior influence will always be there.  Those movies are life changers.  Especially with our civilization always teetering on the edge of the Apocalypse  ;)  I didn't grow up wanting to be Luke Skywalker or Han Solo.  I wanted to be Mad Max out in the desert with Sarah Connor on my arm lvva
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:56:59 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
I love it when my 7 year old makes a custom action figure that I wish that I thought of.  Elias made a NPKB (No Paint Kit Bash) female Weequay this weekend and bumped my custom action figure out of our "custom for the week" spot.

Head to the blog for some more pictures:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/03/dad-gets-rest.html

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
A good fun custom doesn't always take tons of paint or a pot of boiling water. It may take a minute of Dremel action on a Blackbeard Pirates of the Caribbean head, but if you take that head and pop it onto the body of the Rancor keeper and throw on a painted plastic Jedi robe, you can get one fun custom.

I had to post. I love  my routine of posting a figure a week.

BACKSTORY
Jedi Master Boesaan fought valiantly during the Clone Wars but later joined Sora Bulq and Quinlan Vos among Count Dooku's dark acolytes. He died quite soon after his conversion. His death is a mystery and his body was never found.

Jedi Master Boesaan

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #322 on: March 28, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
that is cool great mix of parts i like it!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2011, 07:30:26 PM »
Thanks SH! Oh I forgot.  Head to the blog for another picture:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/03/dark-acolyte.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
Wow, I get on here to get Elias' female Weequay and your great new bike on the fp and I see a new Jedi. Awesome.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »
That is really cool double D! That Blackbeard head looks right at home on the Rancor keeper body.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
DD, that guy is perfect for what I'm doing right now. I'm trying to make some Dungeons&Dragons type figures. Good job.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »
Your biker guys are like  Star Wars Dreadnoks!!  They are Biker Mercenaries who work for Cobra against GIJoe.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
Simple, yet effective.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54:47 PM »