Author Topic: NFL 2009  (Read 17202 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: NFL 2009
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
I didn't get the game, but was following it and why in the heck the Steelers did the offside kick is beyond me. I pretty much thought they had lost it and then they came down and won it in the last second? Doesn't sound like the Steelers that lost that last 6 games that way.  I can understand the kicking woes. Dallas sure needs one too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
That was a good game. We were upset that the Pack lost. That missed kick would have made the difference.
I'm watching the Vikings/Panthers game now. Favre started out a little sloppy, this time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2009, 04:44:59 AM »
Looks like Favre has more authority than the coach. I didn't like seeing him argue with Childress when he wanted to pull him out of the game. They face the Bears this week so that should give em some Xmas cheer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2009, 06:25:53 PM »
I have seen my Steelers do this so many times this year. They get a decent lead and let it slip away so by the fourth quarter they just stink it up. How they were able to hold off the Ravens is anybody's guess. With some of the defensive penalties to keep drives alive and Ben's late interception I was ready to pull my hair out. I actually shut the game off for most of the fourth quarter I was getting so worked up. I turned it back on with about four minutes to see the D show up and then Ben tried to loose the game for us. I was livid. I thought Harbaugh was gonna have a breakdown when that interception was negated. Still, a win is a win and we are still alive in the playoff hunt.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
I hear yha Shawn,  I sat through many a years like that here, this season for the Pack atleast they clinched today so I can breathe easier atleast for another week,   Come the post season though, unless they get the penalties down, they won't go far,  Still the playoffs are a funny thing, it can go either way some weekends,.

Offline CloneCaptainV2224

• Clone Trooper helmet customs
  • Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009, 03:58:26 AM »
hey guys i don't know many about NFL yet but i like it. i like the Philadelphia Eagles, they play cool. i like Donovan McNabb from there. here they display live at about 2 - 3 o clock AM and i like to stay late to watch the games.

Vlad I.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 05:02:38 AM »
CCV2224, that is some dedication to the NFL. Philly is gonna go far in the playoffs this year I think. They look pretty tough. Brent Celek, Desean Jackson, Jason Avant, and Mcnabb are pretty fearsome. It is amazing how much they win with thier main RB Westbrook down too, though I think he is coming back off a concussion injury now.

Offline CloneCaptainV2224

• Clone Trooper helmet customs
  • Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 07:42:05 AM »
CCV2224, that is some dedication to the NFL. Philly is gonna go far in the playoffs this year I think. They look pretty tough. Brent Celek, Desean Jackson, Jason Avant, and Mcnabb are pretty fearsome. It is amazing how much they win with thier main RB Westbrook down too, though I think he is coming back off a concussion injury now.
yes, i seen Mc Nabb was a bit injured in the last game but he scored an awesome touchdown.

Vlad I.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »
Nothing against the Eagles, but I'm pulling for the Steelers to win, and it looks like they finally are.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »
Nothing against the Eagles, but I'm pulling for the Steelers to win, and it looks like they finally are.

I love the Steelers too, but they are gonna have to win a few more before I believe it. They also need a lot of help just to get in.

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2009, 05:06:26 PM »
Hopefully things will just fall into place, so we can become 7x World Champions!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
The biggest iffy to me is the Bengals have to beat the Jets and while I think they can do it, they will probably rest thier starters. Hopefully Marv Lewis watched the Indy game and saw what that did to team morale. Ocho Cinco is running his mouth already. Baltimore better be careful with the Raiders, those Jokers seem to be getting thier acts together.

On a postive note, it seems Poamaulu practiced today which is good news. If we win, he might be getting healthy at the right time. I hope Hines heals that hammy up too.

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2009, 05:55:40 PM »
I'd love to see Polamalu in a game, maybe to lengthen our winning score by more than a few points, and see a pick off by the D. every now and again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »
Did you hear the comments Woodly made about the Patriots and the Bengals resting thier starters? I hope it causes em to play harder, which is probably why he did it.

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »
I hadn't heard.  Can you list some examples?