Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280209 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »
Is it actually a repack of the really tired Scorch mold?

According to Maunster it is just a repaint of the white comic pack one from back awhile ago. I haven't had this confirmed loose yet though.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
If you still need another question, here's one:

Hasbro,
Given the long lasting popularity of the Knights of the Old Republic games I'm curious a to why you have not produced very many figures from them. Were the first few figures not as successful as they seemed? There are still a lot of good figures yet to make from both games as well as the comic series. I am glad to see the first KOTOR  and Tales of the Jedi comic packs are on their way though! Is there anything else from the Old Republic era coming in 2010?

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2009, 10:50:03 PM »
Is it actually a repack of the really tired Scorch mold?

According to Maunster it is just a repaint of the white comic pack one from back awhile ago. I haven't had this confirmed loose yet though.
Everything except the new articulated legs are Scorch, he comes with a leg pouch and Sev's backpack. You can see a loose image at Rebelscum.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #258 on: September 09, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »
I wanna know why they didn't just give us the full superarty version?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
Well guys I sure did screw the pooch this week. We got these yesterday, but I am just now getting them up. I am late as heck with this week's submissions too! We will see if they take em!

1. Dear Hasbro, I realize that the last wave of Mighty Muggs will be exclusive to TRU, but can you let on as to when they should be on shelf and which four will make up the last wave?  Also, if they do well at retail will we see any additional waves in 2010?

Actually, there will be no exclusive wave of Mighty Muggs at Toys 'R Us.  There was to be another wave (including Ashoka), but they were canceled and they will not ship.  Instead, Toys 'R Us is continuing them as an exclusive while we work through the excess stock.  Even if they do well there are no more plans for Mighty Muggs

2. Dear Hasbro, The Clone Wars Republic Fighter Tank vehicle looks great.  Any chance we'll see a repaint on this vehicle with an Imperial paint scheme and markings like it appears in the Battlefront II game?

There is certainly a possibility that we could use this vehicle again to produce other versions.  We have had our eye on the Battlefront II version but do not have it slotted into the lineup anywhere yet.

3. Dear Hasbro, Looking at my Qui-gon and Eopie Redemption Certificate, I am wondering if you can provide us a list of which figure's upc codes will count towards the redemption? We have heard that saga Legends, CW, and Legacy UPCs from last year will work also.  I take it that Droid Factory, Evolutions, and comic pack UPCs are a no-go?

The redemption will work for any of the Star Wars basic figures: Legacy/Droid Factory, Saga Legends, or Clone Wars.  Since the Asst #(87535, 87995, and 87638) has remained the same from the blue/white package transition to the red/white, you may use any basic figure from these assortments.  However, only UPC codes from these three basic figure SKUs will be honored; no other UPC from any other Hasbro Star Wars item will be accepted.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »
Thanks for asking my question and clearing that up, Tamer. I have sent in two redemptions, thus far.
You missed the turn in date?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2009, 08:30:49 PM »
Thanks for asking my question and clearing that up, Tamer. I have sent in two redemptions, thus far.
You missed the turn in date?

Think so Clint. I sent them in this evening. We will see what happens in three weeks. I have been kicking myself all evening trust me.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2009, 12:52:04 AM »
most probably..... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
Hasbro's Round Up Report

Some of you guys are getting quite famous with your great questions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2009, 05:08:44 AM »
Ok folks lets get this going. I need three good questions for the next round.

For starters, I am wanting to know why the new Fi Skirata (Republic Commando) in the new Clone Commando Evolutions packs was not given the full superarticulated treated.

Two, why is the new AT-ST missing the back leg piece (what is that called guys) and toe claw that makes it not so movie accurate when such detial went into making the other features so precise?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2009, 05:17:50 AM »
Three, can we expect more Esb figures, vehicles, etc  to commemorate the upcoming ann. Of Empire? Some more Hothy rebel troopers, officers, and a re release of the Target UBP turret would be great.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #266 on: September 19, 2009, 05:28:48 AM »
And a new Rebel Troop Transport!  I know they've said in the past that they wouldn't make it, but they also said that about the AT-TE.  The BMF and AT-TE sold well, they've redone the Y-Wing many times, rescaled and sold several TIE fighters....TAKE A CHANCE ON THE TROOP TRANSPORT!!!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #267 on: September 19, 2009, 07:07:46 AM »
Ok folks lets get this going. I need three good questions for the next round.

For starters, I am wanting to know why the new Fi Skirata (Republic Commando) in the new Clone Commando Evolutions packs was not given the full superarticulated treated.

Two, why is the new AT-ST missing the back leg piece (what is that called guys) and toe claw that makes it not so movie accurate when such detial went into making the other features so precise?

I'll answer those... hasbro cuts corners so that we customizers have something to do when we still shell out the cash to get their crap....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #268 on: September 19, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »
Yeah, you are probably right Devin, but I want them to say that live.

I did ask that rebel troop transport last round Pat, if they give us back those answers. We will keep after them about it just like we did the ATTE as that is one ship that needs to be released. Man, wouldn't that joker make and awsome BMF? I like the ESB questions Clint.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:27 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Is there a reason designers of the SW figures don't follow the example of the Joe designers and use a standard-sized neck-ball?  Also, with SW arms being *almost* the same as Joe arms, why not make that little design change and give us more compatibility?  Having Joe and SW figures closer in compatibility would let us customizers have a much wider field to play in.  Are there manufacturing drawbacks to this approach that we don't know about?