Author Topic: Commander Kurgan's Customs  (Read 72112 times)

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
Re: Commander Kurgan's Customs
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:31 PM »
Holy crap, that Gar Ahab figure is PIMP! Great job! Is he a Cuy V'al Dar (or however you spell that) who trains clones, or just a standard bada$$ mando?

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »
mate thats is a sweet custom...posted a comment on You tube too and faved, he would look Great on my mando'a shelf!!! i have a few left over mando's from the EE exclusive packs, i might have to dig em out abd see what ideas i can come up with  ;D

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »
I've modified his backstory somewhat so it fits the reloaded character better:

Born 69 BBY, Gar Ahab was the son of A’lan Ahab and his wife Jori.
He was brought up in traditional Mandalorian fashion by his parents. As a boy he learned the Echani martial arts from his father as well as Teräs Käsi from his mother which he adapted, combining elements from both arts with the dirty tricks of barroom brawling and street fighting into his personal style of unarmed combat. Gar also became a skilled gunfighter.

He worked as a mercenary and occasionally as a law enforcer throughout the galaxy.
Pirates and outlaws usually found out the hard way that something really bad had moved into their backyards and neighbourhoods. Often enough the blaze from the muzzle of a blaster and the view of the dark visor of a Mandalorian helmet were the last thing they saw.
Contrary to popular belief and unlike other hired muscle-types, Ahab embodied the principles of the Mandalorian mercenary and remained faithful to his contracts, refusing bribe credits or the temptation of Fri’lek slave girls.

In 31 BBY when he was contracted by the Board of Commerce of the planet Alba-16 in the Mid Rim to protect their member companies from the organisation of the Crime Lord Spadda the Hutt.
Ahab went to work with his usual precision and ruthlessness, but was double-crossed by his employers when Spadda used huge amounts to bribe them. The situation got out of hands and peaked in a shootout during which Ahab not only killed Spadda’s favourite brother Nada and his bodyguards, but also the Chairman of the Board of Commerce.
Unfortunately, hard evidence to prove the Chairman guilty of treason was lacking , so Ahab had to leave the planet and accepted Jango Fett’s offer to work as an instructor for Commando soldiers on Kamino.
This band of Training Sergeants became known as the Cuy’val Dar (Those who no longer exist).

He proved to be a very effective instructor whose squads later conducted countless successful operations during the war.
During his time on Kamino he exchanged the marriage vow with fellow Cuy’val Dar Lanna Badoor who around the time of the Battle of Geonosis gave birth to their son Mede.

When Jedi General Arligan Zey, Director of Republic Special Forces, called to the former Cuy’val Dar to cross-train experienced Troopers for Special Operations, Ahab, now a wealthy man, answered the call and travelled to Coruscant out of a feeling of responsibility for those who he considered his boys.
Upon the cease-fire, he and most of his Commandos appeared on the casualty register as KIA during the Separatist attack on Coruscant, but rumours now have them on Mandalore hiring out as an independent mercenary unit.

Okay, here he is: Gar Ahab reloaded

Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »
awesome back story Vod sounds to me they live close to or in Kyrimorut tell him to say Hi to Kal for me LOL

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2009, 01:34:54 AM »
Thanks ner vod.
That's how I envisioned the current situation.
In "Order66" Karen describes how the former Cuy'val Dar appear at Arca Barracks alone or in twos to come to support their former students and how they made bug-out plans for their boys.
I see you know the RC novels well.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:50 AM »
oh yeah!! I've read them all twice so far and i am thinking on reading them again before the next book comes out, i lent them to a good friend of mine and he absolutely loves them now!! he even went out and got the EE exclusive figure packs..

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2009, 07:30:44 AM »
Ahab embodied the principles of the Mandalorian mercenary and remained faithful to his contracts, refusing bribe credits or the temptation of Fri’lek slave girls.

LMAO.... great line... 

great figure too.  I realy love it.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2009, 07:41:30 AM »
Out-kriffing-standing!!!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
Kurgan, you asked for it, you got it!

You've been "Quantum Hangarbay'd" Dude!

(Guys enough now, the Hangarbay is tired and he needs his beauty sleep....no more requests, you will have to wait and see who's next...remember, you'll only get Hangarbay'd in the Yards).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3524/3967829280_9e1febca69_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2621/3967827970_2545c42fb7_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2550/3967053045_19959e0b4e_o.jpg

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »
Commander Kurgan I have seen your customs before and they are very impressive. I really like this last Mando with the use of the new Joe fodder  you have really stepped up the articulation. Nice paint scheme and aps.  he looks like one kick ass mando.

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »
What!! What happens!! Who is it!!! What is it??? your such a tease Jules... ;)

Alright HB94 you have out done yourself now... you have opened a whole new can of worms!!!

Great stuff buddy!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »
Nice one, Jules! Volker's figure looks great in that setting.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
I'm in love with the figure, head to toe, 1st and foremost., but are you finished with this one?
I ask, because the helmet(and you may have mentioned this, and I may have missed it.... If so, disregard this next part)  seems to not match the armor. Again, I apologize if you mentioned that you still had some more work to do on the helmet.
Otherwise, phenomenal effort on this Mando.

Also, where did you get that weapon? I ask, because the carbine(?) seems thicker than Hasbro's version, and it reminds me of a certain someone's custom weapons.

Again, if I'm off in this post, I certainly mean no disrespect; I assure you.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
thats excellent volker ! lovin the mando
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
Jules, I did never expect anything like that.
Bloody amazing.
Thanks a bunch and I agree, you've taken Hangarbaying to even more magnificient levels.