Author Topic: Nother New Guy  (Read 1217 times)

Offline XTS_Operative

• Ensign
Nother New Guy
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Hello,

I'm a fairly new dio/customizer just learning the ropes. I am also a longtime Star Wars fanboy and loved spending hours looking at model train sets when I was a kid. Seemed like a cool idea to mix the two together. Completed my first dio last September (Jabba's throne room for 3 3/4") and am currently working on a second fan fiction inspired dio which I hope to complete before the end of the month. My Jabba dio is already posted on rebelscum and www.kswcc.com, but plan to upload some new photos to ISY soon. [at1]

Say, I like the signature banners that some of you guys have. How do you make and upload those into your profile? I think I'm more confused about the uploading part, but a recommended snazzy banner making website (RSBMW) would also be kewl.

Thanks,

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Nother New Guy
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »
For your signature box in your profile (where you picked your avatar and what not) just put in your [img  ] code and make sure it is not wider than 580 pixels or has more height than 67 or it will be reduced to save on page load times. I think some folks have been using a site called bannermaker.com.

I got mine from a fellow here called Hangarbay94 who has an avatar and sig banner baazar he will open from time to time. He is magic when it comes to graphics.

And welcome I look forward to seeing some of your customs.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
Welcome aboard fellow star wars geek and customizer.

A lot of great customizers on here, and we're all super nice. >:D

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
welcome to the yards, have fun :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »
Welcome to the Yards!

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Welcome aboard fellow star wars geek and customizer.

A lot of great customizers on here, and we're all super nice. >:D

I extend my greetings to U & welcome aboard!!! We R all super nice - but I get grumpy sometimes... this is a terrific community 4 customizers... Hope to see great things from ya!
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...