Author Topic: BMF Scale Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 27017 times)

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
Re: BMF Scale Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »
Yeah,  I wish they would cut out the playset and just make it a vehicle and drop the price but I see why they are doing it this way; so they can try to satisfy collectors and kids at the same time.   I am getting one and displaying it in flight mode with the rest of my Clone machines, but I can also see it being used in a Mustafar diorama with Shocktroopers transporting Vader on the hoversled with Sidious following...grinning.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2011, 06:38:54 AM »
Wow Mike, I love the sound of that dio. I hope you give us some pictures when you put that one up!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
I don't havc the battle damaged Anakin/Vader from Mustafar.  I need one now.  Maybe I can take one of the 5 trillion Anakins I have and create 1.  I just wish for 80 bucks they could throw a few clones in there too.

Offline RC0379.Marev

• Cadet
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2011, 08:20:21 AM »
The shuttle looks interesting, i just can't pull the trigger on it. Not at full price at least. I think the playset part is just plain dumb. a Semi detailed troop/passenger interior would have been better. And for that price, i feel like it should have more than just one pilot...

The AT-AT, at a similar price point, seems to be a better deal imo.

Offline Stomper75

• Cadet
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »
Ive got one of these, love the concept of a shuttle being able to land on a distant planet, detach from the rear section and it then transforms into an outpost for the troopers well the front section is free to scout the area or fly back to base and hook up to another unit etc, i know it doesnt do any of this in the shows but maybe in future  ;D

As for the shuttle, wish it was more too scale but glad i bought it, got it for £76 which is cheap here, my local Toys R'Us are knocking them out for £99 :o
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:41:08 AM by Stomper75 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
I guess my biggest issue is the fact that Hasbro has repeatedly said no to playsets as they don't sell well, but for some reason we seem to be getting the larger vehicles, even that AT-AT for that matter, as improvised playsets. I say make both and watch both sell well. Ofcourse the market is "for kids and not collectors."

Still, if you like it, thats great.

Offline RC0379.Marev

• Cadet
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 05:10:20 AM »
I guess my biggest issue is the fact that Hasbro has repeatedly said no to playsets as they don't sell well, but for some reason we seem to be getting the larger vehicles, even that AT-AT for that matter, as improvised playsets. I say make both and watch both sell well. Ofcourse the market is "for kids and not collectors."

Still, if you like it, thats great.

Yeah, i agree with you here..i think when they try to make a vehicle thats also a playset, it winds up being less of both...a jack of all trades, but a master of none. A playset wouldn't have to necessarily be big, or super intricate. Remember the old hoth trench set? When i was a kid i got soooooo much play value out of that! I would like to see small playsets that can complement each other. Make like, a watch tower, an ammo dump w/wall, a small bunker. Individually they aren't very big, but when used together, in multiples, you could make a republic FOB. Throw in some of the AV cannons and you have an artillery base. add a gunship and you could make a staging area. Etc.

All that being said, if the right sale comes along, i may still buy that shuttle anyway. maybe.

Offline Jon Dough

• Cadet
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »
Entertainment Earth has the shuttle on sale for $57.
I believe it was on sale for $54 as part of their Cyber Monday sale. I bought one at that price since I felt that was about right.   It does look like a nice vehicle although I agree with the comments about the scale and wanting more room for troopers on the inside. However, I could see how kids might like it for the playset ability.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
Here is the link for the new Republic Attack Shuttle for $57!

Star Wars Clone Republic Attack Shuttle Vehicle

Don't forget that they are also now running free shipping on orders over $49.

Offline Jon Dough

• Cadet
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »
FYI - many of you may know this already, but for those who don't - Amazon is selling this vehicle for $34.999 w/ free S&H.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SGVFBU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_g21_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0X5JBM2ZKST88DFMW9J0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

JD

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
Holy mother...

That link is no joke folks.

Thank you Mr. Dough, that is a nice scoop.

It looks like there are 17 left and I anticipate that won't last long folks. Who would have thought you would see one of the larger scale vehicles at that price! Wish I could have seen that AT-AT hit that price with free shipping.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
Did anyone else take advantage of that link to get a $35 Shuttle? My little girl is gonna be happy with me.

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
Tamer, yes I just did. that is awsome.........thank you guys so much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 05:12:24 PM »
I wondered if anyone had. I can't imagine not getting one of these at this price if you even remotely like SW or TCW.

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »
SON OF A B#&*h. So I bought one yesterday for $35, which was great deal. Today they drop the price to $29.00. It never fails, that crap happens to me everytime I buy something.   LOL.

So if anybody wants an even better deal, you better jump on it.