Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 145149 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #420 on: October 22, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »
Thanks, Spud. I appreciate your comments.
Here is how I match paint for hue and brightness when trying to match colors on existing figures paint apps.
  this first shot is slightly blurred. Most paints darken slightly when they dry so, to match the level of brightness in this royal blue on the 501sr trooper, I mixed a bit of white in until I get a hue that is one step brighter than the paint that I am trying to match. A couple of darker trial blobs were dotted on to this shoulderpad and the one up high is sightly brighter. In the next shot, the paint is dry and it is a perfect match.

I went ahead and mixed the brighter blue to repaint the body markings, the helmet, and his pauldron, and now I am going for that chest marking. I tried the checks on his kneepads but they looked funny so I ended up setteling for this upside down v pattern.Now the first shot of the chest markings is a wip. Heck, all of em are a wip as I have been looking at this fig so much for the last two days that I am about bug eyed. The following shots are the symbol a little more refined. I think I will set it aside at this point and come back to it with a fresh perspective.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:46 AM »
more pics. Some more touchups may still be required. due to the different shaped chest piece, I had to take some libertys with the symbol.
  I've got some kind of bug and dont feel too peachy. I think that this is all I'm going to work on today. "sorry Pat, I will work on your mixed helmets, this weekend."

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2009, 12:27:27 PM »
Wow, R1b1t, thank you sir. this is, after all, just a repaint, but I do appreciate your praise. At first, this fig just seemed like a pain in the butt but once he got some color on him, He started to really come together. I'm actually pretty proud of him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:29:42 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2009, 11:00:19 AM »
I managed to get some detail painting done on the nearly finished arf trooper and to the neglected camo Veers figure this weekend. On the arf, mostly what remains is some touchups to his helmet. On the veers, I still have work to do on his camo and have started adding detail lines to his boots, belt, and holster area. Those still require alot of cleanup.

The sun is out today so I might get some outdoor shots of that 501st GM figure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »
a couple of more Veers wip shots

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
I haven't taken those outside shots yet but I did blow up a couple of the earlier GM shots. This middle one looks a bit fuzzy.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #426 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
I took a few outdoor shots of the 501st Galactic Marine on my Geonosis dio.

Your hands arn't too shaky to do those very straight paint apps on your figures, Jay. Thanks for your comments. I'll pm you.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #427 on: October 26, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
I painted on the Veers and ARF figures a little more tonight but have a bit more on the arf and alot more on the Veers to go.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »
Thank you fellers. Tamer, if I am working on the Veers again then that means I am thinking about that walker project he was supposed to oversee.

I refined the detail painting on the camo arf trooper's helmet and belt and I am about ready to call him done.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #429 on: October 27, 2009, 09:55:47 AM »
One more shot of the arf and then on to the Veers. I have finished primary paintwork on veers' camo scheme, finially, and have pretty much finished up detail painting on his white elements. I painted that belt buckle light ghostgrey and need to touch up on the brown around the camo on his legs. I need to dig out this figure's snap on chest armor piece and start detail painting on it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #430 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
One more shot of Veers.

Since my docket is starting to empty itself out, I think I might start on that pilot fig I was wanting to do.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2009, 07:37:53 AM »
Well thank you Jules! The camo on the Veers figure was a tedious chore and took hours to complete and it isnt even done yet and still requires touchups in brown.

Moving on, I broke out the stock helmet and snap on chest armor piece for him. As you can see, I already have one coat of white paint on the chest armor piece.
  Since you like the camo scheme so much, I took a couple of close up shots also.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Now for the helmet, I wanted to use a combonation of the same colors that are used on the figure's body with the main body of  the helmet being white. I have begun the task of adding those detail lines again and this helmet is at the ugly stage of detailing prior to the touch ups. I decided I want to change that goggle strap wrapped around the back of the helmet to the brown color and the lenses of the goggles I had wanted to do another metal foil app to, this time in kind of a brushed chrome.
  The chest armor has also got some detail lines going on it and at this stage, it also looks a bit ugly. It will all get touched up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2009, 07:47:24 AM »
As some of  you will remember, this camo scheme in these colors was rendered once before by me on this ATAT driver that I did for Tamer, some time ago. This Veers is meant to be posed with that atat driver.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2009, 07:57:37 AM »
Here are a couple more shots of that atat driver

I also found this shot again of the scene in the Clone Wars movie with the camo arf trooper.

Yes, LE, the white helmet and chest armor were always part of the plan, which was to tease poor Tamer.

You still take these to school to show your students, Shawn. I am touched.

thanks for your comments, gentlemen. Looking back at those atat driver shots. I think the camo on Veers is a bit more refined.

I used the same camo pattern  for that desert ops mando that Greg won as a contest prize but used different colors.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:15:52 AM by Clonehead »