Author Topic: ARC 170  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
ARC 170
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
This is my ARC 170 from Hasbro, it has been weathered too, add some color on the control panels in the cockpit, my original idea was to install LED lights, but I didn't have enough time, maybe some day I will, this ship can be taken apart and add more detail to the cockpit.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ARC 170
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:55 AM »
Looks good.

Xux, if I may ask, can you create one custom vehicle thread and then I can move all of your vehicles into it? Thanks!

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
Looks good.

Xux, if I may ask, can you create one custom vehicle thread and then I can move all of your vehicles into it? Thanks!

Oh, yes please, in the future I will put them in one thread, same with my custom figures I'll be posting later.

Thanks!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:56:35 AM »
awesome looking ARC starfighter DX.
I think I will try to add some weathering on my Revell Jedi starfighter that I bought last week.

great job again

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
awesome looking ARC starfighter DX.
I think I will try to add some weathering on my Revell Jedi starfighter that I bought last week.

great job again

Thanks for your comment, I like to add some weathering effects to my ships and some troopers, because they look more "realistic" than a toy, the best reference you can have is to take screenshots to the movies.

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 04:09:34 PM »
 :o DUDE! that just looks awesome, looks like it's right from EP3. just WOW Man! May ask what you used to weather the ARC170 ?

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
Very nice work. I love the sanding and paint work. Exelent weathering techniques. What will be next?

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
that arc its  awesome man!! :o

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
wow thats awesome!

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 08:22:56 PM »
Thanks again for your comments, well, is not difficult to get this weathering effects, but you need patience, time and some paintbrushes and acrilics, what I did with this ship (and the Anakin's starfighter), first: take them appart, the ARC is easier than the jedi starfighter, get disassembled every part (wings, canyons in the wings, cockpit), with the canyons I painted with metalic spray, after is dry, apply a thin layer of  black spray paint (I don't have aerograph), when is dryed, scratch very carefully the edges of the weapon with a x-acto knife, you will see the metalic paint under the black, do this to some areas, take many screenshots to the movies to have a better reference, for the wings and the body of the ship, I did a wash, mix black  acrilic with a little of dishwasher soap (liquid), let the paint reach the deep surfaces, after that, with a wet fabric swatch or cotton, clean the surfaces of the ship, leaving the paint in the deepest surcafes ( I hope you understand what I'm trying to mean  ;D ), for the weathered red paint, I did use sandpaper, to paint the control panels inside the cockpit, you can use a toothpick or a paintbrush 00 (double zero), for metal effects, use dry brush technique with acrilic paint or a metalic ink pen.

This is some of my technique to do the customs, I tryied to explain the best I could, but if you have any question or tip, feel free to ask, you can add my e-mail to your messengers list (Yahoo or MSN Messenger), this weekend I'll be taking pictures to my troopers to show you the custom I did with them.

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 08:25:25 PM »
:o DUDE! that just looks awesome, looks like it's right from EP3. just WOW Man! May ask what you used to weather the ARC170 ?

Thanks!, just black acrilic mixed with washdisher soap and sandpaper.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 05:35:30 AM »
That's some brilliant work on that arc170, xux!

I have never heard od using dish soap in a wash before but it makes sense.

Yeah, buddy, just make 1 thread for your vehicles and another one for your figures. It makes it easier to navigate the forums, that way.

If you create one thread titled darthxux's custom vehicles then tamer or I can move this thread and your starfighter thread into it.

Thanks buddy and, keep up the good work. Your stuff looks great!

Offline Darthxux

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »
That's some brilliant work on that arc170, xux!

I have never heard od using dish soap in a wash before but it makes sense.

Yeah, buddy, just make 1 thread for your vehicles and another one for your figures. It makes it easier to navigate the forums, that way.

If you create one thread titled darthxux's custom vehicles then tamer or I can move this thread and your starfighter thread into it.

Thanks buddy and, keep up the good work. Your stuff looks great!

Done man! move them.

Offline jedihunter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
wowo love the weathering job

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 04:55:15 AM »
Really excellent weathering, you have a style all your own so this vehicle really stands out!

Excellent job...