Author Topic: Custom Vehicles by Glorbes (Mos EisleyV-35 Courier p. 3)  (Read 10206 times)

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
Re: Custom Vehicles by Glorbes (VERY pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »
OH, MY, GOD. :o HOWWWWWWWW!?!?!?!?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 06:51:58 AM »
hi Glorbes am familiar with your work on rebelscum  your scratchbuilt vehicles are legendary mate    ...welcome to the yards!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 07:58:47 AM »
Wow. What can I say. Welcome to the Yards. Needless to say we are all loving your vehicles. I, as you will find out, am an AT-AT Nut and seeing this just made my month, new rumors of the BAT-AT nonwithstanding.  Even if Hasbro does make this, it will be no where as good as this one in my opinion. Outstanding work. I can see Clint beat me to the front page with this.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 08:26:46 AM »
Welcome to the Shipyards,

Amazing workmanship.  I will have to go back and look at all the pics again to take in the details, but they blew me away. The interior work is killer, great exicution on all of the work. 

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:28 AM »
Glorbes my friend, welcome to the yards! Glad to see you here, I have seen all of these at other sites but still just spent 15 min looking at everything again. Mind blowing is the only way of describing your work. You have also inspired me to try scratch building stuff. Well not totally, I tend to start with an old toy and make it into something totally different. I love everything here but the Saber Dart is one of my favorites. Great design and build skills. So what will you work on next?

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 08:33:27 AM »
O MY GOD! these are incredible dude! the fact that you made all of these from scratch is ridiculous! that star fighter is definitely my favorite!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
Lordy Lordy!!! (steps back from monitor, mouth open, steps back again, knees weaken, falls back, crashes through glass coffee table)

Those creations are some of the best I've seen posted anywhere....The detail is just mouth watering....I was scrolling down the page with my mouth open in awe...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
I have been looking at this again the last half hour and still can't imagine all the detail that went into this thing.  Did this only take you a few weeks to complete? You must have been running on coffess is all I know. This walker is just specatacular.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
Wow!  What incredible attention to detail!  That X-30 Saber Dart is one of the coolest ships I've ever seen!

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Love it all...

My fav pic.. Mommy AT-AT protecting it's lil' baby, lol

So, whatcha got planned next? You need a Death Star taking up half your house!!!! That would be sweet(though kinda uncomfortable with company over).

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
joe... I've actually thought about making a full scale mock up of a death star section that takes up an entire wall, with corridors and sections and the trash compactor and detention level...

I also toyed with the idea of making a mock up of cloud city that would open up into a scaled down playset... I think that'd be awesome, but it'd have to be HUGE!

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
I have been looking at this again the last half hour and still can't imagine all the detail that went into this thing.  Did this only take you a few weeks to complete? You must have been running on coffess is all I know. This walker is just specatacular.

This project took over a month to complete.  I started it the week before Christmas, and completed it on January 23rd  I typically would start work on it around 10:00 PM and work until 1AM (I'm a new dad with a four month old baby, so timing was based on when mom and baby were asleep).  Typically, I would spend three our four nights a week in these three hour mini-marathons, focusing on one section and then rotating to the next.  I actually intend to engineer articulated legs for this, but that in itself is going to be a monstrous challenge, and I may decide not to once the Hasbro walker is unveiled. 

Thanks for the feedback again, everyone.  It's much appreciated.

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
Hi again everyone!

Well, since I made the concept AT-AT, I figured I should spruce up an older scratchbuild I did of a McQuarrie Snowspeeder.  It originall looked like this:

I didn't like the heavy laser cannon placement, and the color seemed more 'desert environment' to me, so I masked off the windows, re-primed it, added some landing skids, and repositioned the guns.  I also decided to go with a hasty 'white wash' effect, inspired by German WWII tanks that were used in the invasion of the Soviet Union.

I'm much happier with how this looks now.  This piece was originally completed early last year (heck...it may even have been 2008), but I think it holds up okay.  The detailing on the bottom is a bit on the light side, but it'll do:

The cockpit on this project is still my favorite that I've done.  The joystick is articulated, and it comfortably fits a figure.

With the AT-AT and a figure for scale:

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Custom Vehicles by Glorbes (McQuarrie Snowspeeder p. 2)
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 07:36:37 AM »
Lets make it Hoth Day at the Shipyards! Glorbes I thought this looked good before, but I love the new look. Needless to say it is now on our front page. I know you would never sell any of these great items, but if your wife ever gives you the "or else" speech I would love a crack at em. Just fantastic.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Custom Vehicles by Glorbes (McQuarrie Snowspeeder p. 2)
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »
Looks awesome--like all your stuff.   :)