Author Topic: Reconsgt's Vehicle Customs  (Read 10878 times)

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
Re: Reconsgt's Vehicle Customs
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:47:52 AM »
OH Sarge that paint job is sweet mate!! putting a pearl on hear will pimp the crap out of it  ;D looking forward to seeing the next round of WIP pics
if you didnt say it was some 2x4 i would think where did you find the body... i will never look at timber the same way again lol

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 06:14:55 AM »
This is so cool.  Awesome work!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »
Thanks guys,

The best thing about using a medium such as wood, is that if you mess it up, no biggie, there is no expensive donor vehicles, no hunting for another ship to work with. It's only wood. This ship I even lucked out on as the piece was at a length I didn't even need to alter. I just had an idea in mind and penciled it out and started sanding and drilling,  to make the cockpit I just took a landspeeder seat, hollowed out the rough dimensions and placed a strip of cardboard into the cavity allowing it to arch in the front and then just filled the outer cavity with bondo, once cured pull the cardboard out sand and the shape is done.

Anyhow I will most likely finish it today and will post it completed, if anyone wants to know how something was done just ask,.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »
Love what you did with that speeder. You're quite the craftsman.

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »
I had to take pics,pardon the crap in the background, it is drying yet but I was to excited to wait.  I will take detailed pics against a white backdrop later, but here it is, 99% done. Full photos of all angles will be taken.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »
Oh.....

Recon, that really is something special! it shows incredible skill. Not only do you have carpentry skills to die for but your painting is another story altogether.

Really superb job so far. I'm so looking forward to seeing completion images and some pictures with a figure inside.....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
Whoah! That is one sharp speeder! You really cranked that one out quick. Proffessional looking job on that paint. I can just see some rich kid flying it around. You will have to post a pic with a fig or two.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
Wow!!! This is getting better and better.  I can't believe that this was once a 2x4.  Man, that is some fine work all around!!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 11:08:47 AM »
Wayne, that really is incredible!  Very sweet!  And by chance, is that paint color the same one you used on my helmet?  It looks amazing!  Making me want to go out and buy some airbrush tools!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
Awesome work!! 

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
Wayne, that really is incredible!  Very sweet!  And by chance, is that paint color the same one you used on my helmet?  It looks amazing!  Making me want to go out and buy some airbrush tools!

The color is close, but what i used on yoru helmet was something like cool blue or artic blue,  Testors Acryl, this stuff is actually automotive paint, I had a little left in a quart can, mixed it up and used that. Duplicolor was the brand.

Here is a shot with the spoiled whinny Ani out for a joyride.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:26:59 AM by Reconsgt »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »
Simply amazing.  I NEVER would have thought to use a hunk of left over wood for something like that!

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »
That is actually the fun part for me,   just seeing what can be done. Sometimes they turn out , sometimes they don't. It's the tinkerer in me. I like to "putz" in the garage, be it on my cars, or Sw or what ever.  This took shape with some parts off of a POTF2 landspeeder and some sort of GI Joe vehicle that was in my "junk" lot I recently bought off ebay. I was looking at a Jag and really loved the front nose design and though if I crosses that with a Ferarri and a Vett from the 60s, it could look like a cool SW hotrod. So this little thing was born,. now it isn't perfect and has a few flaws, The figs do sit a little higher than the windscreen but I couldn't;t avoid that and they also do in the landspeeder so I felt it was acceptable. and the back body lines are OK but I wish I started with a slightly longer chunk of wood, all in all I am happy with it, the paint looks good but I may add a side stripe of silver, very thin pinstripe, maybe , maybe not, we'll see.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
Holy crap man that is one sweet ride. You have taken that block of wood to never seen before heights. X to tha Z , Xzibit and the boys at GAS customs would be envious of this one. I love it, as sweet as it looks I agree it could use something on the side or hood to brake up the blue. This is a very inspiring scratch build. Hey this would be a great idea for a group project of something.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 02:57:09 PM »
Wish I could get you all the hunks of wood I have lying around just to see what you would do with em. Geesh this looks sweet Wayne.