Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

Commander Kurgan's Customs

<< < (2/131) > >>

Commander_Kurgan:
That's a cool idea!
The splinter material comes from an old Swiss Army shelter half so it is pretty thick fabric.
I'd have to see how a belt could be made to hold it snug on the waist.
But yes, it surely would enhance the look of the Kashyyyk trooper.
My son was inspired by the Hawkbat Battalion figure as you will have guessed.

spudafett:
very cool.  My kids had me do somthing similar with an old potf boba fett.  I'd lost the cape years ago and they wern't satisfied that it didn't have one so I cut off some fabric from a pair of old camo shorts and glued a cape in place for them.  I love the sewn on holster for that blaster! that is awesome.  even better that it came from an 8 year olds head.  Kid's don't think like us and I find myself asking mine all the time "what should I do to this figure, what gun should it have, etc..."  they come up with some great stuff. 

on the female clone, are you going to leave the armor the way it is or sculpt onto it to make it more feminine? if you are going to sculpt I definately recomend using apoxi sculpt two part self hardining sculpting clay....  it's what I've used in the past.  However, if your going to set that figure up next to regular clones the animated figure does look very feminine already!

nice stuff, keep up the good work.

DocOutlands:
See, I looked at the female head on the animated Clone body and immediately thought it should do well as female armor alongside Legacy Clones.  Guess I need to go grab up a few ani-Clones now... 
 ;D

Commander_Kurgan:
I thought about building up her chest armor, but decided not to do it on this figure. My guess is that it will look feminine enough when standing alongside non-animated figures.
Maybe I'll do some sculpting on another female figure in the future.
You will get some entries from her personal diary, though, to explain who she is, what she does and so forth.
Hang on.

PS: thanks for the positive comments. I feared that simple stuff like this would look stupidly easy compared to the superb customs you guys do.

DocOutlands:

--- Quote from: Commander_Kurgan on July 12, 2009, 12:17:12 PM ---PS: thanks for the positive comments. I feared that simple stuff like this would look stupidly easy compared to the superb customs you guys do.

--- End quote ---

HA!!  My figs are just head or accessory swaps!  Well, for now, at least.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version