Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away  (Read 12328 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
Just curious if anyone has run across Hasbro addressing whether or not you could include more than one Redemption Certificate (along with 5 times the number of UPCs and a check totaling the cost of each combined) within a single envelope?  The certificate itself seems to suggest otherwise; but I can't help but think it would help everyone involved if orders could be combined with a single check/money order in one envelope.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
That might be a good ask hasbro question if you want to put it up there.

Offline Vadersfist

• Ensign
    • Collectors Forum
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:04 AM »
Yes you can add in more then 1 certi as long as you have the right number of UPC's and money that goes along with it. It is suppose to be just like the last mail in offers. If I have read your comment right and answered it right.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »
Yes you can add in more then 1 certi as long as you have the right number of UPC's and money that goes along with it. It is suppose to be just like the last mail in offers. If I have read your comment right and answered it right.

Yes, thanks.  That's what I wanted to know.  Just curious, was this question asked by another site?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 08:59:12 AM »
This will answer which line's upcs will work.

Click this to print off a pdf redemption form.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:01:16 AM by Tamer »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
It's interesting that the above coupon references a $7.95 price point while the certificate that comes with the vintage style figures calls out for $6.99.

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2010, 03:42:16 PM »
It's interesting that the above coupon references a $7.95 price point while the certificate that comes with the vintage style figures calls out for $6.99.

I hope the $6.99 is right cuz I sent off for 2 today.  ;D
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »
egh ... boba with swivel everything and a rocket firing jet pack i dont know whats the fuss is about but im not buying .. i have to buy 5 or something figures for that peice of junk .... give me a break !

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
egh ... boba with swivel everything and a rocket firing jet pack i dont know whats the fuss is about but im not buying .. i have to buy 5 or something figures for that peice of junk .... give me a break !

I think it's only a big deal if you grew up in the 70s/80s.  Hasbro is trying to hit the middle-aged (or old depending on how old you are) right in the nostalgic area of the heart--and it's working.   ;)

Oh, and chances are, you've ALREADY bought the figures anyway.  UPCs can be used from several past assortments...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
I've noticed that the asst numbers are causing some confusion again. Why not just list the asst names instead of the sometimes corrisponding numbers on the redemption form?

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
I've noticed that the asst numbers are causing some confusion again. Why not just list the asst names instead of the sometimes corrisponding numbers on the redemption form?

I agree.  Going through some of my older UPCs I noticed the numbers not lining up myself on some that were specifically noted to work by Hasbro.  Frustrating when one of the number one priorities for the folks in charge would be clarity.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
So you guys are saying the numbers they are listing do not match up with the waves from last year? Would you guys like me to see if we can get them to list which lines specifically will work on our next Hasbro Q and A round?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2010, 03:15:36 PM »
possibly but it seems the last time we did that, we got the generic non matching number answer. We will have to explain the general confusion in more detail.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »
Yes there is that chance I guess. I will be honest, I am sending in some of the ones I think are right to see what happens. Their numbers are definitely not matching their supposed lines they are taking I think.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:43 PM »
Okay so I'd been reading in various other forums about a lot of people receiving damaged goods here.  I was hoping I was just reading about a vocal minority.  Anyway, today my Rocket Firing Fett arrived in the mail.  The white mailer box looked a bit beat up; but I still foolishly held out hope.

So I open up the box and not only are there THREE large creases in the card back as well as what looks to be a partial blunt object punch through, but Fett and his blister aren't even freaking attached to the card!  As this forum is considered family friendly, I'll refrain from the words I used.

Standard response from Hasbro reps appears to be that replacement isn't possible as the Fett figure, or "the product" itself is in good shape.  Okay, back up, if the packaging wasn't part of the deal in this case, then why did Hasbro's marketing department make a big deal of the figure being offered on a vintage card?  And, why not save a few bucks and simply put the figure in a much smaller mailer box without the printed cardboard back, plastic bubble and tray?  The vintage card IS, let me re-emphasize, IS part of the product.  If you received a new TV and the screen was cracked, you don't hear of some lame support rep asking you if a picture actually appears on the screen.  'Cuz if it does, the screen just represents the outer packaging for the internal workings...?  

I ordered a few more of these, but I don't want them if they come like this.

Ya know...I'm not big on conspiracy theorists but I can't help but wonder if a certain group of people employed at the figure redemption center are personally and privately offering MINT packaging Fetts on ebay.  

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:31:25 PM by B.R. Steel »