Author Topic: Darth More's Customs: Ugnaught Smith  (Read 49150 times)

Offline Aude

• Lieutenant
Hello there! Looks like there has been a little monkey business going on lately. Your Blue Snag is an excellent modern update. I always thought the Hasbro (re)release pack-in Blue Snag was uninspired, and you've proven that beyond a doubt with this figure. The colors look great, and I love the little belt buckle and the swapped blaster. When will you be releasing the toe dent variant? ;)

I'm proud that you thought of me and glad that I've been able to inspire! I always look forward to your feedback. None of my recent customs have been OT (and in fact, planned upcoming customs seem to be moving even farther afield), but I'd like to get back to knocking some more out eventually. There are so many fantastic designs in the SW universe that it's often difficult to choose!

Could it be that the Power Droid is the best looking carded SW figure of 2020?

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Happy Resurrection to you, too! Nice shout out to Aude and Chuckles. I like the blue version, the paint job is really, really well done, so kudos on this. I always wished that Hasbro had done a true "blue" snaggletooth - taller and and better sculpt. Anyway, have a great day!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Darth More's Customs: Easter Egg - Blue Snaggletooth - 12/04/2020
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2020, 03:04:00 AM »
Philipp; you are setting the world on fire here.......it’s hard to keep up
Happy Easter, buddy.
  Blue snag is great and your clonetrooper egg is the schnizzle

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2020, 06:53:34 AM »
Wow, great Snaggletooth. Happy Easter.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2020, 07:19:50 AM »

Aude: Thank you! You're exactly right! This custom was quite spontanous! I'm currently working on 7 projects and Snaggle just sneaked in! Finished two Projects yestderday. Will share the other one tomorrow. I'm glad you like the colors I chose for him! As said above I got no clue About the Kenner figures and all the trillions of variants, tri-logos and Special treasures to hunt. But a toe dent sounds exciting!

Indeed, the Power Droid was very refreshing to be revealed! Also like the blue and the pink in the cardback design. Fresh like pink lemonade. Your custom projects are incredible - one more than another. You let my jaw drop big time recently again with your latest Mando Wave! And that's what's so great about the Sta Wars universe: There's endless good stuff to discover! So I'm looking forward to what you come up with next!

Starchaser: Yeah, let's see what they come up with! Maybe they'll honor him in the next Retro Collection Special Pack/game with a cardboard Cantina Display?
I used the semi dry-brush technique to give Snaggle a retro kinda look. Glad you like how he turned out!

Clonehead: Thank you! Happy Easter to you, too, Clint! I'm glad you took a look back at the pevious pages. I can't believe that it's been almost a full year since I posted the last Project. Still need to finish the Purge Troopers...the egg and the Clone were two spontanous projects as well - and as much fun, too! Yeah, I'm on fire, indeed! It's been way too long since I had that much time for the hobby. University and stuff were keeping me from it. But now, I'm back at full force!   

Tamer: Hey, thanks for the fp! I was Looking Forward to this and am glad you came by this morning! Happy Easter, Shawn!

Stay tuned for more projects to be finished the coming days!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:07:00 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2020, 09:16:22 AM »
Blue snaggs looks great. You did a great job on the paint it looks fantastic. Also I like the ALF figure.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »
JD, thanks for coming by! Yeah, I actually planned to feature ALF in the Cantina section Diorama as a little "Easter egg" in the background. But since I haven't gotten to cast more resin parts for way too long, it just felt right to invite him now. This particular ALF figure is from BULLYLAND and sold for around 5€ (or less) here in Germany. I got him for 3 bucks along with three other figurines. Couldn't find him on eBay.com, but I'm sure you have similar figures of him from different brands. And if you want I can buy and send one to you when I'm in the U.S. the next time (planned to go this August, but...Corona).

Since I read the (German) article I shared the link of below the reference picture, I now know more about Kenner's & SEARS exclusive blue Snaggle. Seems to have been one big misunderstanding there...

Thanks for your comment & let me know if you want that ALF!

- Philipp

Offline LUCHUK666

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • IG
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
This is so freaking awesome  ;D Snivvians being one of my top favorite alien species

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »
Haha nice profile pic & thanks for your comment! Happy Easter LUCHUK! Man, you know all the species...feels like I know nothing 'bout Star Wars really. lol
It was much fun to work on this one - took an hour to paint and was quite spontanous. I think I got another TVC Snaggle to complete in my custom box...they were sold exclusively at Toys "R" Us here in Germany back in the days and some kids wanted them obviosuly - because their parents sell them now in big lots on eBay so that I could snag a couple for 4 bucks so far...

Offline LUCHUK666

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • IG
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »
Haha nice profile pic & thanks for your comment! Happy Easter LUCHUK! Man, you know all the species...feels like I know nothing 'bout Star Wars really. lol
It was much fun to work on this one - took an hour to paint and was quite spontanous. I think I got another TVC Snaggle to complete in my custom box...they were sold exclusively at Toys "R" Us here in Germany back in the days and some kids wanted them obviosuly - because their parents sell them now in big lots on eBay so that I could snag a couple for 4 bucks so far...

Ooh nice jajaja  ;D yeah a couple of years a go i got a lot of 4 of those really cheap on ebay... Have you ever made a custom of the Snivvian that appears in Jabba's palace?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
Hey, that's awesome! 4 in one auction? That's great luck! No, I haven't yet - I'll take a look at some reference shots ;)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
What a great repaint. The weathering looks awesome.
Excellent work.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2020, 02:28:51 AM »
Should probably post this on June 21, but it's Father's Day here in Germany today so...

- Philipp
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:54:05 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »
Very nice. I will have to remember this when Father's Day hits.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »
That works. Though I'm not sure I want to be associated with Sheev Palpatine :P