Author Topic: YakFace: Cast 1:18th melted Vader Helmet 4/14/16 page24  (Read 44869 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: YakFace: new update 11/19/2012 Slave Leia.
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
Stupendous ! Well done mate I think that fulfills one errrr.....boyhood .."ahem" dream.......
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
Holy cow that slave leia  is unbelievable !!!!!  Awesome job

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
most excellent work, wow, she looks just great!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2012, 03:06:59 AM »
Mmm slave girl Leia with removable bikini............if only :P

Top level of work there,inspiring stuff

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
Thank you guys! I'm glad everyone is loving the removable bikini on slave Leia. PM me if you want it.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
beatiful Leia man.. all the sculpt work on the bikini paid off nicely.. I love it.. got the rear shot, now we just need a front shot..  :P

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »
Thank you! It means alot to hear that, and yes the front shot.....I have some of those but I dont think they are appropriate for the Yards. You have an email?

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And, if you will allow me to share (via my faith and worldview) this is one of the most special times of the year, at least to me. I am truly thankful to God above for His grace, mercy and salvation. He has richly blessed my life. I have the blessing of an amazing wife, beautiful children, and a loving family.  I am also thankful that I live in this great nation. I hope you have a chance to take a moment today and look at your life and reflect on how fortunate you are. I also want to make a statement to the ISYs in general that even though we don't all know each other personally and face-to-face, I am thankful that in our hobby we have a common place to share our creations with one another. Happy Thanksgiving enjoy some turkey!!!

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
My wife helped me create a soft goods cloak for my Jedi Luke and I wanted to share a product I use with you guys. "GAC 400" it's usually used to create a stiff canvas surface for painting but it's really amazing if you need to make a small scale piece of cloth look realistic. I usually dont like soft goods on my 1/18th scale figures because it never looks convincing and ruins the illusion of scale. But using GAC 400 will drasticly reduce these effects and allow you to "sculpt" your cloth into many different forms to achieve realistic folds and sags that help give it "weight". Well just take a lok at my Jedi cloak and decide for yourself.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Re: YakFace: new update 11/26/2012 Jedi Cloak and GAC 400 tips.
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »
Now if your still reading I will give some advice on how to use this amazing product. First thing make sure your "cloth" item is made of a natural fiber like cotton and not a synthetic. I have tried this on a Hasbro "P.O.S" cape and totally ruined it, this stuff will make if look like there is a clear gloss over the fabric. So using a natural fiber material is the only way to go. Now that you understand that detail the first step is soaking your material in water. I usually run the soft goods under the tap water for a bit but I have also used a paint brush for more controled areas. Next you will take a paint brush and get a fair amount of the GAC 400 on it and carefully brush it into the fabric. You will need to make sure that its soaking into the fabric and gettinga nice even spread. The water will really help soak in the GAC 400 and insure you dont apply to much which will cause the fabric to really stiffen up. After you painted on your GAC 400 to the areas you want I suggest placing the cape onto your figure so you can get a good pose. Just work the fabric over the figure and try to get some of the figures form to show through by pressing in against it. Create sharp creases by pinching with your fingers or binding it with a rubber band. For my Jedi robe I placed it over my Luke and wrapped a rubber band around the figure and cloak. Let it dry and enjoy. Hope this helps you guys out.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:58 PM »
That is NICE! Great job!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:00 AM »
Top tip that is,got a few robes and cloaks I can't use as they sit awful when applied.............this ought to solve a few dodgy looking customs.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »
looks awesome. well done YF.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
That's two tips in just a short run of posts - the wrap-her-in-plastic method for sculpting onto a fig and now the making-scale-cloth-fit-right!  Now... you say it gives a gloss finish to synthetics?  I'm wondering...I have this ribbon I just bought today to try it as a belt-making material.  It is 100% polyester.  I'm wondering if your stuff might not give the look of glossy leather that would be desirable on a belt.  Where do you find this GAC 400?

Now I'm tempted to get some tight-weave cotton and try making a few cloaks...

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
That's two tips in just a short run of posts - the wrap-her-in-plastic method for sculpting onto a fig and now the making-scale-cloth-fit-right!  Now... you say it gives a gloss finish to synthetics?  I'm wondering...I have this ribbon I just bought today to try it as a belt-making material.  It is 100% polyester.  I'm wondering if your stuff might not give the look of glossy leather that would be desirable on a belt.  Where do you find this GAC 400?

Now I'm tempted to get some tight-weave cotton and try making a few cloaks...

So first question the "ribbon", I think you could easily achieve your leather look using this stuff on some polyester ribbon. Next question where did I purchase my GAC 400, I get mine at a local fine arts warehouse so if your in the Orange County area the place is called "Art Supply Warehouse". But if you are not in my area and don't have a local art store my first place I would go is Michaels art & craft, there are a few of these stores near me that carry "Golden" art supplies. I have never seen this particular product being sticked on the sales floor but that doesn't mean that can't special order it for you. If that fails you can do a quick Google search on the web and find a few art supply shops that carry it. Here is a link to a retailer online thats has it, http://www.dickblick.com/products/golden-gac-400-fabric-stiffener/ Hope this helps you out Doc it's a really cool thing to add to your arsenal.