Author Topic: In case you're interested...  (Read 24809 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: In case you're interested...
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 02:39:15 PM »
i have spent time in germany specifically the westphalen and  i can testify that germany has some of the most astounding scenery i have ever seen
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
Thanks.
We've met a lot of nice people on our Trek, basically from all over the world.
When you live among tons of half-timbered houses and old castles, you tend to forget that it might be an unusual sight for other people.

What I love about being in the Great Outdoors is that it reminds you of what life is all about.
Our jobs are usually fast-paced and stressful and once in a while it's good to spend some days away from phone, office, internet, etc. and make do with the bare essentials.
In the evening you lean back, look up into the stars and be grateful for what you are and what you have.

For me it is great to see that these kids can apply all those skills they won during those Troop Night lessons and on Outdoor Activity Days. Throw somebody a match, a tampon, a knife and a bundle of wet wood and tell him to light a fire so he won't freeze and could cook his food and most adults won't know what to do.
The kids start chippin' away, making a fuzz stick and in no time it will look like all they are missing is the witch to burn on their bonfire.
Bloody amazing.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 09:07:13 AM »
Man, that dio is something else.

Kurgan, you got me thinking I wish I had been in the scouts, sounds like an awesome time.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 10:50:11 AM »
Yeah, the dios were very impressive.
Not only were they HUGE, a lot of work went into the construction of the buildings and the individual figures.
When you looked closely, not two figures were the same, some very heavily customized and there were so many various scenes within the dios, all making sense and telling a story of themselves.
Awesome work.

Narc, it's never too late. Just check out your local BSA Troop, talk to their Scoutmaster and I bet he's looking for an Assistant Scoutmaster. It is sometimes tough work and time-consuming, but well worth the effort.
It may sound strange and a bit posh, but you're helping to forge the future of your country.
That's what it is all about: Good Citizenship through Woodcraft.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
I do have a little boy, I'm sure I'm going to at least give him the chance to join.

I had not thought about joining up in any capacity.  Interesting, one of my good friends is an executive with the local BSA, :)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 05:05:50 AM »
Only two more hours and the weekend starts.

Tonight at Troop Night, we will have the announcement who won the Ranger of the Year competition. Well, it is obvious that all four participants developed themselves and scored. Two bailed out earlier this year by leaving the Troop (taking a stroll down Looser’s Lane) while some joined up too late, but will be in for next year’s competition.

So all four are going to win something.
The prices are damn nice, I must admit: a real divers watch, a Camelbak drinking system, a belt pouch for a personal survival kit or IFAK and a DVD of the A-Z of Bushcraft.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2009, 05:26:48 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pic. It is nice to put a face with the name.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
my god, that diorama is insane!  I nearly wet myself looking at the pictures, that's astounding

always nice to see pictures of the people behind the net handles and usernames, to try an get some sense of who people actually are.   Cute kids too, they look somehow natural/right in those costumes

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Yeah, if we ever get lost in the woods, Kurgan is in charge of ISY's survival program, :)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2009, 01:10:53 AM »
No prob, Narc.

So...let's see what's been up since my last blog entry.

We went family shopping yesterday.
Downtown we always split up into two recon teams: my wife and my daughter go and do girly things, the son and I do boy things. Needless to say this includes looking what's new on the pegs Star Wars -wise.
Sean was looking for a cool Luke figure or the McQuarrie concept Snowtrooper, but found out that his allowance and the price per figure does not match.
Let's be honest: one figure cost between 11 and 13 EUR. That's insane and nowhere near the pocket money of a kid and too much for most adults these days, too.

METRO sells the figures for 9 EUR, but you've got to have a business license to shop there as they are not open to the general public.
Well, I'm not general public, but they don't have what I want at this point in time.
Hopefully they get the new Legacy figures in, soon. Then I'll see what can be done regarding the new Commander Cody.

Two of the new Codys are coming in from Malaysia within the next few days along with one Commander Bly (which Sean's been after for a while) and two of the new Gelagrub troopers.
On the pic it looked like they have a newly sculpted belt with free-hanging holsters and a softgoods kama.
I'll give you pictures and a review as soon as I get them in.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »
I look forward to those reviews, Volker. I have a Cody on it's way also.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009, 01:05:43 AM »
Cool figures. They will make great basic figures for conversion.

Tunghori also sent the Legacy Commander Bly which Sean has been after for so long.
He got Bly yesterday evening when the kids and the wife came home from the St. Martin's Day parade and bonfire (that wasn't), all soaking wet, lanterns mashed to pulp. Magdalena got a 1000 pc. puzzle 2-pack. She loves these and can spend hours putting them together. So she got two huge puzzles at the price of one.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 04:36:20 PM »
Our historical club had its Grand Annual Meeting this last weekend.
It's a great event, we spend the weekend together in a blockhouse in the Black Forest and just enjoy ourselves.
One of our ladies works for a bookseller and they also sell DVDs. She picked me up the new boxed DVD sets of Episodes I-III and IV-VI. She also gave me three vintage figures, a Ben Kenobi, a C3P0 and a Squid Head which her husband found in his attic.
I passed them on to Sean to beef up his collection.

Spent my day at a meeting down in Frankfurt listening to all the new amendments to the various technical standards and opened the package of GI Joes from China which had arrived while I was gone.
Cool custom fodder. I did some toying around with what is going to become a Mandalorian soon. Let's see if I'll find time to paint him up on Saturday.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »
look forward to that volker
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 12:27:51 AM »
Hope it won't look too much of a Spudafett spinoff.
He taught me a lot about super-articulating figures.