Author Topic: RunDown Customs  (Read 56430 times)

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
Re: Custom Dept Customs!
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »
Sounds good.  Of course you realize I am going to be more picky than I have ever been on something I am sending you guys....so ya two weeks will hopefully do it lol.
Like I said I am working on a new version of the earmuff trooper.  I was planning to auction this one but it definitely looks better than the others, I think anyway.   I will plan on sending you both.   Oh and one last thing....I have a strong feeling you  guys would come up with an even better version if you wanted to.   
Clint, Like I said I have some resin I have not used.   I can get you the specs on it; If you are interested I would just send that to you to use.

One other question:  what about heating up plastic resin pellets to pour into your molds?  I can get that kind of material, no problem.   we have resins go obsolete which are recycled but a small amount would not be a problem.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
clint can get that done.  right now I don't have any silicone and won't be able to get any for quite a while.    BUT... I just purchased a snow trooper today and plan on mkaing a mold of it later on when I get some more resin and eventually making my own arctic rex using resin parts. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
Sounds good.  Of course you realize I am going to be more picky than I have ever been on something I am sending you guys....so ya two weeks will hopefully do it lol.
Like I said I am working on a new version of the earmuff trooper.  I was planning to auction this one but it definitely looks better than the others, I think anyway.   I will plan on sending you both.   Oh and one last thing....I have a strong feeling you  guys would come up with an even better version if you wanted to.  
Clint, Like I said I have some resin I have not used.   I can get you the specs on it; If you are interested I would just send that to you to use.

One other question:  what about heating up plastic resin pellets to pour into your molds?  I can get that kind of material, no problem.   we have resins go obsolete which are recycled but a small amount would not be a problem.
I have never used the pellets before but have seen something like that marketed to use as simulated water effects in dioramas. I wonder if it would be as runny as the resin that I use prior to setting up. And then there is the question of what damage hot resin could do to the silicon molds that I use. I wouldn't worry about sending any resin, Sean. I'm comfortable using the stuff that I got and am happy to send you cast parts for the use of your master parts or, were you wanting your own molds to use yourself. I'm sure that could be a possibility, also.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:44:03 PM by Clonehead »

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
Hello again all, I have a couple customs out on ebay this week, with more to come.  Here is the address of one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220545534561&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

This is a revised version of the 'earmuff' trooper, I used a completely different material for the pieces on the sides of the helmet.  Please take a look and let me know what you think . ...
Thanks much, Customs Dept.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2010, 09:38:22 PM »
that one looks good dept, like the new head!

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
Great custom.I think I saw him in the episode. :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
Oh, I think that is your best earmuff trooper yet. I like the other one also. Please post some of those pics here, if you would.

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
Oh, I think that is your best earmuff trooper yet. I like the other one also. Please post some of those pics here, if you would.
I agree with you Clonehead.  Rather than using the polyethylene based material I used before, this time I used pieces from a death star gunner helmet (saga line).  The curve that is molded into the back of that helmet works well going on to the  side of the helmet, when cut into the 6-sided shape of the earpiece.  Someday soon I will make this helmet again and send you on to mold.   This week I am going to work on a revised arctic rex head and make two at the same time, so that I can send one of those as well.   I agree with you  about the resin pellets.   They take very high temps before they get to a pourable state.
This week I am back to some of the season two characters for auction:  clones Buzz and Draa and Jedi Barriss Offee, animated.   Here is a pic of the clone on ebay this week . . . . .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
This is a great one too. I put up a link for your ebay auction on our front page. Lets see if we can drum up some business for this great trooper. I have a feeling even if Hasbro does make one eventually, yours will be better anyhow.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2010, 06:15:56 AM »
Fantastic custom mate really cool

10/10

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2010, 07:29:01 AM »
WOAH!!! Great job!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »
Awesome ear muff trooper!

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
hey dept, have you ever considered making a flame trooper? you already know how to make the body (just repaint arctic rex) all you have to do is make some sort of flamethrower!

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »
hey dept, have you ever considered making a flame trooper? you already know how to make the body (just repaint arctic rex) all you have to do is make some sort of flamethrower!
I've been thinking about that, Medic96.  That  helmet is basically the same design as the arctic rex helmet.   Check out Commander Mag on Wookiepedia.   I mentioned to clonehead that I am going to make the artic helmet again, document it with photos, and I am going to make two . . . one to send to ch to mold adn one which will be the flamethrower trooper, rather than another arctic.   Thanks for the compliments to all and medic thanks for the additional push to get on that one.   fett

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o nice customs :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o