Author Topic: RunDown Customs  (Read 56445 times)

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
Re: Custom Dept Customs!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »
I like him, Sean. That pauldron turned out sharp.

Thanks Clint, as you can see, I found the thread . . . . .
I am working on another commando with removable helmet and wondered about the custom contest .  . . . how much does a custom need to be from the story lines of the books?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
According to the rules, it needs to be based on a scene from one of the books. Check the rules on the first page of that contest's thread.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
speaking of which, when are the pics of the dio's gonna be posted? im really eager to see them!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
sweet looking hawkbat trooper CD, great job!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 10:43:07 PM »
speaking of which, when are the pics of the dio's gonna be posted? im really eager to see them!
I believe that they will be posted during the week after the 31st.

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
HI there Medic96.   Sorry for the delay on the pictorial on the helmet.  You want a the Arctic Rex helmet, right?
I am going to do that helmet soon.   Right now I am just finishing up a couple other projects I have going on, of which I will post a pic in a couple days.
I need to obtain another snowtrooper helmet as a starting point, although I considered using a galactic marine for the video.  It will still show the same idea.   Hopefully I will get started on pics later this week.   
By the way, I love your latest customs.  Definitely inspirational!!!!!!

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »
actually i would rather see some pics of the earmuff troop(s), also are you the one who posted the arctic rex on jediinsider.com?

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 06:59:07 AM »
actually i would rather see some pics of the earmuff troop(s), also are you the one who posted the arctic rex on jediinsider.com?
Nope, wasn't me, buddy.   But hey I think thats awesome if it is circulating around.   Here is another shot of one of the earmuff troopers I have sold.     I am working on another of these to list on ebay, this weekend.   Those earpieces are the tough part.  Making them look identical and in the same place on the helmet.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
Pop us up a link and a pic and we will feature that ebay sale on our front page.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »
 Here is another shot of one of the earmuff troopers I have sold.     I am working on another of these to list on ebay, this weekend.   Those earpieces are the tough part.  Making them look identical and in the same place on the helmet.   

you know there is a pretty simple fix for that problem.... make one realy good one and then make a cast resin copy of it so that all you have to do to make another is pour some resin in and presto chango you have a new one piece helmet.  (or you could send it to clonehead, docoutlands, or myself and have us do a mold for you!)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
Wonderful paints apps mate well done indeed.

Ron

Offline RunDown

• Colonel
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
 Here is another shot of one of the earmuff troopers I have sold.     I am working on another of these to list on ebay, this weekend.   Those earpieces are the tough part.  Making them look identical and in the same place on the helmet.   

you know there is a pretty simple fix for that problem.... make one realy good one and then make a cast resin copy of it so that all you have to do to make another is pour some resin in and presto chango you have a new one piece helmet.  (or you could send it to clonehead, docoutlands, or myself and have us do a mold for you!)
Thats a great idea and I am all for it.  Can you guys decide who and get me an address?   I am currently working on a different version regarding the material used for those muffs.   I have been using a polyethylene based plastic and it does not like to bond with anything.   Which raises another question for me. . . . . what is everyone's bonding agent of choice.  I have purchased many, 100% satisfied with none.
When I get this one finalized, I will get one send to whomever would like to cast it.  I have no experience with such although I do have some casting agents I have not used, given to me from a friend.  While I am at it I would like to send  an Arctic Rex helmet  - as soon as I get another made that is . . . . .
Thanks Spuda.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »
I would think Clint would be all over this idea, but Devin does some good casts too. I will check and try to get you an address.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »
I wouldn't mind trying to mold those pieces for you, Sean. I don't currently have any mold material on hand but plan on picking some up in a couple of weeks. That would give you some time to get together another arctic Rex helmet.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 08:30:34 AM »
Clint it is then. I would love to see how this casts too.