Imperial Review > Star Wars Model Kits

Screaming Samurai Studio: Back to the Basics

<< < (2/3) > >>

ScreamingSamuraiStudio:
Hey there, y'all..

Okay well, the Annual Model Contest for the store has come and gone. For those of you in-the-know, I posted some of the pics and winners of each category on my FB page this past weekend. (8-22-11)
Things have been kinda crazy and hectic around here and mostly everything I had been working on came to a halt. I felt like I disregarded some major chores last night, but I needed a break and jumped on my Millennium Falcon cut away model.
  I am at a point where I need to shelf this one again and gather up some much needed lighting supplies, but I got a good feel for what I am going to do as far as painting this piece of junk. The goal is to have this lit up and to have this shoot some intermittent smoke out of the back engine grill..
  Anyway...That's the IDEAL way to do this..We'll see what I end up with at the end. I will try to do this with the big Millennium Falcon Internet Group Build. This will also be featured as my first video tutorial series on Youtube..a Series that may actually LOOK like a series comparable to ModelManTom and ScaleModelAddict. My son needs a project for school and i may be his guinea pig.
  ANYWAY....I digress again

The PICS!
First layer of washes

Second layer including the red oxide panels and grey panels...but I gotta be me and do the different shades of aluminum instead.

And the interior detail

A video this weekend..

Clonehead:
Looking good so far, sss! I like the look of those red oxide panels. Not too harsh but more of a suggested tone.

Tamer:
Sweet, a tutorial!

On the front page as will your video be once you make it. I can't wait to see how you finish this off.

ScreamingSamuraiStudio:
Hey, Tamer and Clonehead..
  Thanks as always for checking out what I've been working on. I have a few more pics tonight for ya. I have drilled some of the larger holes for the lights and went ahead and ran with a test fit.

The walls are dry fit with some masking tape, and mind you things look pretty bland in the cabin right now, but just wait till I add the next layer of lights that will include fiber optic strands..the goal is to get them to NOT look like the buttons were laid out by Helen Keller..

Anyway..the pics.

SITHHAPPENS:
I AM SPEECHLESS  i wish you had more time i cant wait to see the finished product

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version