Author Topic: Han solo's ugly M-68 landspeeder. Unfinished.  (Read 2027 times)

Offline arkantos

• Cadet
Han solo's ugly M-68 landspeeder. Unfinished.
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
What a piece of junk it's ugly as hell. Who the F they hire for this design?!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 06:12:20 PM by arkantos »
WHO IS MORE FOOLISH THE FOOL OR THE FOOL WHO FOLLOWS HIM.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Han solo's ugly M-68 landspeeder. Unfinished.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:39:50 AM »
Looks spot on to me.

It kind of reminds me of a book with a windshield on it. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:31:47 AM »
I agree with Tamer. This looks good already! What a great idea! Are you just using foamboard or also styrene?

- Philipp

Offline arkantos

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »
Just foamboard and sheets of paper and some foam sheets.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 10:59:45 AM »
Thank you, I'm going to build a Desert Skiff some day. I think cardboard, foamboard, styrene, wire and paper sheets are suitable materials to start with. What do you think?
Your custom speeder is in 1/18 scale, isn't it? It is really coming along great! It looks very authentic already! What about Hasbro's version of Han's Speeder? Is it too small, too expensive or not screen accurate? I'm very looking forward to seeing SOLO on Wednesday.

- Philipp

P.S.: Have you backed the Barge, too or are you going to build the Kethanna yourself as well?

Offline TheBoo

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
Very nice work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »
Fantastic work.

Ron

Offline arkantos

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 05:37:31 AM »
Thank you, I'm going to build a Desert Skiff some day. I think cardboard, foamboard, styrene, wire and paper sheets are suitable materials to start with. What do you think?
Your custom speeder is in 1/18 scale, isn't it? It is really coming along great! It looks very authentic already! What about Hasbro's version of Han's Speeder? Is it too small, too expensive or not screen accurate? I'm very looking forward to seeing SOLO on Wednesday.

- Philipp

P.S.: Have you backed the Barge, too or are you going to build the Kethanna yourself as well?
No i did not back the Barge and no way i can't make one due to storage space. I've put a hold on the "Outrider" for now but i will continue to work on it next month.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:06 AM »
Building the Outrider next is an excellent idea! It was the ship of Dash Rendar, wasn't it? Your M-68 Landspeeder is a nice build already - I really like it! Do you really think the concept is "ugly"? I agree, the design is a little "bulky", but next to Moloch's Landspeeder it looks like a sports car!
I don't like the design of Moloch's speeder, but I guess that's how a SUV looks like in a galaxy far, far away...

I couldn't back the barge, either. Because I live in Germany. Ordering it via the UK seller wasn't affordable for me at all because I would've ended up around $1,000 with GBP - EUR exchange rate, shipping and 19% import fees at the customs...so I still hope it'll make its way to Europe anyway in bigger quantities and directly from Hasbro now the 5,000 backers and even more were gathered.

Keep up the great work, please.

- Philipp

Offline arkantos

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 05:46:36 AM »
Building the Outrider next is an excellent idea! It was the ship of Dash Rendar, wasn't it? Your M-68 Landspeeder is a nice build already - I really like it! Do you really think the concept is "ugly"? I agree, the design is a little "bulky", but next to Moloch's Landspeeder it looks like a sports car!
I don't like the design of Moloch's speeder, but I guess that's how a SUV looks like in a galaxy far, far away...

I couldn't back the barge, either. Because I live in Germany. Ordering it via the UK seller wasn't affordable for me at all because I would've ended up around $1,000 with GBP - EUR exchange rate, shipping and 19% import fees at the customs...so I still hope it'll make its way to Europe anyway in bigger quantities and directly from Hasbro now the 5,000 backers and even more were gathered.

Keep up the great work, please.

- Philipp

Yes i agree it is a lazy design more like a book. Can't wait to see the movie tho. I hope Disney is not going to make into another chick flick with all powerfull women leading everything like the last jedi. Disney is killing Star Wars.