Author Topic: TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube  (Read 8096 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: TVC NEWS DISCUSSION - Fathers's Day EVENT 06/09/2021 on YouTube
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2021, 06:31:35 AM »
Evidently Vagas is Lobot and Reno is Bib.

I have a question though. I preordered a bunch of stuff using my "fun" credit card, and last week I lost it at some random bar I've never been to, so I cancelled it and ordered a new one. I was able to change the payment method to another card with Amazon, but not EE or BBTS. I contacted hasbro pulse to see if it will effect the RazorCrest preorder with no reply. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2021, 06:52:18 AM »
I might give them a call. I remember one order or something I didn't hear back from the online so I gave em a yell and got things confirmed with a real person.

And here is the EE Info:

"These 3 3/4-inch scale Star Wars action figures feature classic characters and retro packaging! Longtime fans of Star Wars will love this Kenner-style packaging, right down to the old-fashioned Kenner logo. And each Vintage Collection Action Figure comes individually packaged with awesome accessories like blasters, lightsabers, and removable helmets. Don't miss this stellar assortment of Star Wars heroes, villains, scoundrels, and robots! Ages 4 and up.

This Star Wars The Vintage Collection 2020 Action Figures case contains 8 individually packaged figures:

1x SW VIN LAS VEGAS
1x SW VIN RENO
1x Mythrol
2x Bo-Katan Kryze
2x Kuiil
1x Hoth Rebel Soldier
"

As you can see there are two other vintage figures we didn't see with the IAYFD Hasbro Reveals, but you can assume they are gonna be awesome!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2021, 06:59:53 AM »
I too ordered the case as why not have the other two vintage figures too! I agree it was kind of silly not to show the figures for the full wave. I bet the etailers hate it!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2021, 07:34:04 AM »
 Well bbts I used PayPal so i just changed the preferred card. I can't for the life of me remember what I used for the crest. I dont have a pulse account so I can't access it.  I hope it was PayPal that would be great. EE doesn't allow PayPal unless buying in stock items. So i have to call them to get my Gaming Greats wave. Preordering sucks sometimes.

I dont normally buy full cases because usually they're packed with sucky repacks. I heard from a very reliable source (Yakfaceforums.com) bib and lobot were also in the wave. They're right 99% of the time. Also Patrick said they would be coming late this year early next year, which is the same time frame. I could be wrong though. We shall seeeee.  But hasbro is just making everything confusing with their codenames and releasing half a wave at a time. Not releasing waves in chronological order. It's dumb. Just  take my money.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2021, 04:36:02 AM »
I'm also super happy with the Father's Day reveals for both TVC and TBS! I'm glad you could secure your pre-orders in time.

Here are my thoughts:

The Vintage Collection

Kuiil: Demanded since his appearance in the first season. Love the headsculpt & choice of colors for his costume! The shown figure looks awesome!

Bo-Katan: Color scheme looks great, paint apps on her helmet look superb and I really hope her chest armor will have this metal look on the final product. So glad they decided to make a helmet and a head piece separately instead of a flimsy helmet to put on her head. Amazing reveal!

Mythrol: I don't know how you feel, but I think Hasbro knocked this one off the park! I'm so impressed by the headsculpt and especially the color of his skin! Paint apps and facial expression look beyond real to me and I think they absolutely nailed the color scheme for his costume. If the final units will look like this, Mytrol will become one of my all-time favorite 3.75" figures period. Besides all the negative reactions during the live stream, I think every alien is a win in my book and I also like his character in the series. This was the happiest surprise for me.

Hoth Rebel Soldier: Fans have requested this one for a long time and he is the best choice for a repack I can think of now - at least for the Battle on Hoth. Do you think we'll see TBS #23 Toryn Farr return on a Vintage card? I think she wasn't the strongest seller, but she'd look even nicer with photoreal deco.

Oh by the way, with all the Hoth Rebel Soldiers re-released I wonder when we finally get an Imperial Snowtrooper on Vintage card...

Bib Fortuna & Lobot: I thought I wouldn't witness this "pipeline reveal" before I bite the dust! I hope they don't mess them up. I had to laugh really loud when I read comments on JTA that Lobot wasn't the most popular and loved character, but JTA was also one if not the loudest fanbase crying for Lobot! Gotta love these double-standards. To me Lobot is an iconic appearance in STAR WARS. He was one of the first characters I was introduced to the franchise with and he defines a galaxy far, far away for me as well. Still got my OTC version of him from 2004 and am very happy with the design and accessories. Yet, he seems a little small so the update is very welcome.

Nevarro Cantina Playset: It's been a while since I watched Mando Season 1 so I thought the Cantina was the one where Mando encounters the Sheriff on Tatooine. But when I realized that Nevarro is the base for all the Bounty Hunters, I was even happier. This will look great (and rather small) next to the Razor Crest. At least I guess, I have no idea how big this is gonna be. Makes me wonder if we'll ever see Dexter's Diner (probably not, but you can still check out this diorama here).
Of course this is Disney property while everybody else asks for the Mos Eisley Cantina. I'm sure this is a test. Or maybe it will be the next HasLab. Anyhow I think Hasbro will learn a lot from the Nevarro Playset to make a possible Mos Eisley Cantina even better! Great reveal!

The Black Series

Archive Wave: To me this is the best composition of figures to return to The Black Series. BUT the new P4 packaging was kind of a complete reset for Hasbro, which makes the Archive Line sort of obsolete. Don't get me wrong, I love this sub-line! But I suppose Hasbro will release an all-new ROTS Obi-Wan figure for their P4 line-up down the line. I know many people are not happy with Obi-Wan as one of the 4, but I think he deserved the update. The first release in P2 packaging looked...nothing like Ewan McGregor.
Darth Revan with more vibrant lightsabers is a win in my book! The P3 version goes for 80-90€ here by now. I'll definitel get this one.
Princess Leia looked great during the livestream. Hope the final product looks as good, too!
I only got the very first one with the awful grumpy face (got her for $11.88 from viperskingdom on ebay). So I'm happy about her and my favorite choice for the Wave has to be the 501st Legion Clone Trooper. Well done Hasbro!

Yet, I have two complaints here: How can it be that The Black Series gets Darth Revan three times, even a Jedi version of him while The Vintage Collection still waits for any news on him?! Same with Princess Leia: she was released and updated several times, even appeared on a vintage card as part of the 40th Anniversary - and TVC fans are still let down. I hope it's just a matter of months now 'til she's finally announced ESPECIALLY with the Tantive IV corridor playset being a huge success at the moment...

Rogue One: Now the design for the P4 Rogue One line looks great! Really like the turquoise. Bodhi Rook looks amazing! Galen Erso not so much, but still a win in my book. Let's see how the final headsculpt will look. Hasbro would probably say only the re-issues of the crew made new characters possible. If this wasnt a fan channel exclusive wave, Jyn and Cassian would very likely end up as pegwarmers again. So smart move here and ALL pre-orders are already SOLD OUT on Star Action Figures! BOOM! What a success and they all deserved the photoreal treatment. K-2SO is a beloved character and he should be part of the P4 line, but I'd preferred to see Krennic updated with photoreal before K-2.

The pipeline reveals for TBS were fantastic!

HasLab: I hoped that The Black Series got the next HasLab because the first two were dedicated to TVC. So much deserved here, but it won't be a vehicle so my guess is: Jabba's Rancor because he'd be a risky project to perform at retail. Heck, I'm sure some dogs would be afraid of a 1/12 scale Rancor and apparently some parents wouldn't want to have a 3 foot tall brown beast in their living room or their child's room. So that's my bet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:17:45 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2021, 06:04:47 AM »
This has been the first 3.75" vintage case I have bought in awhile (probably years). I like it that much. I agree even the repacked Echo Bas Trooper is a great idea. Of course the Mandalorian Figures are a no brainer. I sure hope from here on out we have a few new vintage Mandalorian characters with each new vintage wave. I think that would be smart on Hasbro's part.

For the six inch figures I really liked the RO Rebel Pilot. For some of the figures I thought why, but hey I don't have to buy them. I agree that 501st CT is a good choice. I so agree with you on your Revan point too. Why we can't get him rereleased in the 3.75" line is confounding! Of course there are a few of these 3.75" figures I would love to see rereleased. I remember many of the TAC Collection Figures I would love to see on a vintage card. Oh well, no use to get started on that.

As for speculation on the HasLab Project for the Black Series I don't know why I am thinking X-Wing, but I am but they did say it wouldn't be a vehicle. Doesn't that tell them vehicles are sorely lacking in this scale? I sure wouldn't be upset if it were a Rancor either though. I am hoping that they go really crazy with this one and pick something that would never ever otherwise make it to regular retail. Like an Imperial Walker please! I know its not gonna be a vehicle. Maybe we could call it a playset. How about this. Do the Endor Imperial Platform! Then we could have hope that a Walker and a Tyderium would come down the pike?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:28:33 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2021, 06:07:06 AM »
And JDeck I hope you get your stuff sorted. It does make it a pain to make sure your payment details are correct. I am getting ready to make some banking changes due to better interest rates on my accounts and am gonna have to go through this too to make sure all my stuff gets here (especially my Crest!).

I might just wait to close some of those accounts until after I get that one. I need to remember when that bad boy is supposed to ship.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2021, 07:11:18 AM »
Omg don't get me started on my experience yesterday at BOA trying to refinance. That bank has to be run by the biggest morons on the planet and I wish I was exaggerating. That's why I prefer small local credit unions.

Yeah tbs does make the best pilots in my opinion. They just look great. Xwing luke was my first 6er, one of the best, even being as old as it is, because most older 6rs have been changed several times over.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2021, 08:17:44 AM »
BOA is terrible. $12 a month for "maintenance" fees + $35 every overdraft. Add to that they don't even cash my checks (under $300) instantly the past year. Its like the only reason to use them is the availability of ATMs but what's the point? That's why this month I just my account it run into ground. Done doing business with them after being a customer since 2004!
The Merrill lynch / trust department is even worse and "worked" with a relative to take like $110k from a trust inherited!!! Then lied to me about it.
Terrible.

Anyways.... The new figures look great. I'll definitely be getting the RO reissues since, minus the K2SO since he's just not "new enough". The paint apps look better so I'm in since I love RO! Just too bad about more target exclusives.... Sooooooooo sick of that BS. Its difficult getting almost any new figures so why add to the craziness ? TVC stuff is all must haves too just hate that its more, an more and more etc. To collect!  Its like it never ends, which is why I love/hate taking breaks from collecting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 05:19:27 AM »
Yeah when I see Target Exclusive I just resign myself to not getting whatever it is.

Man, you guys have some bad banks. Do you guys have KISASA where you live? I have found Credit Unions do a bit better for you or seem to where I live.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 04:50:48 PM »
I got an email from haspulse and they said my card was already charged, so I guess they don't charge on ship date like everyone else.  So I just have to call ee, maybe they did the same.

Yeah boa is a bunch of crooks too. I had an account with them when I was young and living paycheck to paycheck, and they kept putting holds on my paychecks and charging me overdrafts. Ever since switching to union I've had not one single fee or problem. I got swindled into getting a loan with boa, and I'm just going to pay it off asap, and never go there again. I should have gotten my loan through hfcu my last loan with them was 1%, but they're process sucks I had to provide 10 years of tax returns as proof of income, because im self employed.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 04:56:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2021, 04:19:50 AM »
EE does a pretty good job of showing you the current status of your orders too. I have found their customer service to be better than Hasbro.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2023, 11:49:18 AM »
So TWO YEARS have already past since this Father's Day event. Meanwhile the Mythrol and Kuill are on clearance everywhere, which feels like a shame to me because they're brilliant figures.
And looking back at the moc-ups and pictures of Hasbro's paint masters' prototypes, I think I'll have to redo the Mythrol figure.
When you read my comment from June 12, 2021, you might relate to my excitement. The texture of the Mythrol's skin looks so vivid on their slides, that I considered the Mythrol the most accurate figure for The Mandalorian TV show. But when the figure eventually hit shelves, some details were different:

- the skin turned out to be painted in a metallic turquoise instead of aquatic blue
- his lips were hardly painted while the final product has lips in mat flesh tone
- the golden paint apps appear dull, not shiny
- the pink/flesh tone was more opaque, almost like chalk on the paint master
- the tool lost some detail during the production process
- also the handcuffs didn't have the injection point on top of the middle, yet

So I guess this will be my next custom figure. I'll try to fix the skin with a blue wash.

Don't get me wrong, please. I think the Mythrol still looks great, but not as fantastic as it looked (to me) on the promo shots. I was debunked.

And to Hasbro's defense I think Bo Katan's head turned out much better on the final product than the moc up for the event:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 11:57:07 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2023, 06:50:11 AM »
Yep, its a lot like getting the vac vetal treatment on 3PO, they just can't seem to get it right.