Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away  (Read 12338 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage 2010 Boba Fett Mail Away
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 05:26:56 PM »
B.R. I found a similar response when I got the Captain Rex mail away. If the figure itself isn't damaged they don't want to hear about it. We could ask em about it with our Q and A, but we wouldn't get back a decent response. I gotta admit the same thought about ebay crossed my mind too. One does need to note that the daggone mailer they use should be a bit bigger and perhaps use some daggone bubblewrap! If I can ship a figure to Singapore and get it there with no damage they should be able to do the same in the states. I think I should have four on the way, if I get more than one mint, which may be a loosing battle, I will let you know.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 04:46:30 AM »
I got one of my many today I got it in PERFECT CONDITION tamer you would love it!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »
Tamer, I appreciate the possible offer.  If it comes through, I may take you up on it.

As an update, I sent more or less the contents of my previous post to Hasbro.  It appears Hasbro may be changing their stance on the issue.  They offered to replace all my damaged packaging/figures.

So for those of you out there who received a trashed sample and Hasbro told you they wouldn't replace it based on the condition of the actual figure, it may be wise to ask again now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42:37 AM »
Well that is good news. I would love to see the actual reply they sent back to you with the message you sent them.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
I'm thinking of sending in for one of these, if they're still available.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 04:14:06 PM »
Well that is good news. I would love to see the actual reply they sent back to you with the message you sent them.

Certainly.

My heated inquiry went down like this:

Today my Rocket Firing Fett arrived in the mail. I open up the box and see not only are there three large creases in the card back as well as what looks to be a partial blunt object punch through, but the figure and his blister aren't even freaking attached to the card!

Standard response from your reps appears to be that replacement isn't possible as the Fett figure, or "the product" itself is in good shape. Okay, back up, if the packaging wasn't part of the deal in this case, then why did Hasbro's marketing department make a big deal of the figure being offered on a vintage card? And, why not save yourselves a few bucks and simply put the figure in a much smaller mailer box without the printed cardboard back, plastic bubble and tray? The vintage card IS, let me re-emphasize, IS part of the product.

Hasbro may want to check if a certain group of people employed at the figure redemption center are personally and privately offering MINT packaging samples on their favorite auction sites.

I ordered a few more of these, but I don't want them if they come like this. It appears that my checks have been cashed but I'm betting the items have not shipped. Any way to stop what will be damaged product from even being put in my mailbox and get a refund before it ships?

To which a Hasbro rep replied:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding the Exclusive Rocket Firing Boba Fett.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. If your checks have been cashed, the figures will be mailed. If you receive them damaged, please let us know.

In the meantime, we will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, a postage paid mailing label has been sent via email from eMerchandiseReturnAlert@uspsshippingapis.com for you to use in returning the figure and packaging to us. Simply package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

Once the product and packaging are received at our returns facility, we will send a new replacement product.

I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

Now I suppose it's possible she didn't understand my issue with the condition of the product; but I thought I made it clear.  Still, I should point out I just recently saw today another site posting information (stating it was) directly from Hasbro that they would NOT replace these items based on the condition of the packaging--so it's possible I got my e-mail answered by someone not in the know.  Nevertheless, she sent me out a Merchandise Return Label to use in the event I was unhappy with the next Fetts I received.  Time will tell how they handle it if/when they receive my returned Fetts with a unique and documented return label attached to it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »
I know one thing, you had perhaps better go play the lottery as I have never heard of them doing anything like this unless the plastic itself was damaged. Trust me I will be trying myself if I get mine damaged.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »
I know one thing, you had perhaps better go play the lottery as I have never heard of them doing anything like this unless the plastic itself was damaged. Trust me I will be trying myself if I get mine damaged.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I might have just stumbled upon a streak of luck.  Maybe I happened to be dealing with a new employee.  Still, it's not a done deal I guess.  If I attempt a return, the could still deny it.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
Nerds of the world rejoice.  (I'm including myself in this group.)   :D

Pictured is my latest Fett figure.  He's in fabulous condition.  As you can see, there are two boxes in the picture.  It appears Hasbro has gone to double boxing.  The box on the left is pretty flimsy and it represents what these Fetts were originally mailed within.  NOW, in addition to the flimsy box on the left, the entire thing is enclosed in a much sturdier box with packing peanuts.  Not surprisingly, Fett's cardback is factory fresh--note they didn't even punch the peg hole out.  I believe this type of mailing/condition may be the norm from here on out. 

No clue where my other three Fetts are; and I sent these four additional redemption certificates at the same time.  I'm not too worried though.  Good to see things have changed for the better.  Might not need that return label after all.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2010, 05:23:46 AM »
man I realy need to get on this... I have enough redemption materials to order 4 I bet...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
That really is great news, I hope I get my four I mailed away for sometime soon. They cashed the checks!

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Just thought I'd give an update.  Not that I've been counting the days, but it's been a month since I last posted on the topic.  Last time I posted, I believed the second Fett I received was actually one of the four I'd sent in together on a different date.  Having still not received the three additional figures, I'm actually thinking the Hasbro rep just sent out a replacement for the one I received in such beat up shape.  Fine by me if I end up receiving a total of six instead of five.

Looking around other forums, it does seem like the flow of people receiving these figures lately has come to a halt.  Perhaps Hasbro is doing a complete overhaul to get this new shipping method in place for everything.

I've done my fair share of complaining about Hasbro, but man, I have to commend them for the way it seems they're trying to make things right by a lot of people out there.  Here's to hoping a trend of happy customers continues once these figures start arriving in mailboxes again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2010, 10:48:40 AM »
Well I have noticed they cashed my checks about three to four weeks ago and still no Fetts have arrived.  I am going to wait about two more weeks and then contact them.

One would think if they cash your check then will be sending the item and it shouldn't take four weeks. Still, I am not going to complain if it means they are getting me some shipped in good boxes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:16:41 AM by Tamer »

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:54 PM »
I have four of the five UPC codes, so if I were to purchase an action figure from the Vintage line, I'd be able to get the redemption certificate, and a BOBA FETT!!!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
Well I got my Fetts today. Only one of the boxes show up with a smashed corner, but upon opening it there was another box inside and upon opening the card had no flaws. I have to applaud hasbro for making sure they double boxed these figures so even the card would show up momc. Wow that rocket firing fett looks good on card.

If you haven't recieved yours yet start looking.