Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

Jaeger45's Dioramas--Ahch-To 11/19/17

<< < (3/3)

Tamer:
Pretty awesome. Off to share.

Stan:
A masterpiece, my friend!

Jaeger45:
Hi!  Thanks for the positive feedback--these were pretty fun to do.  As individual "cutesie" critters, they are kind of annoying, but I sort of like the idea of functioning seabird colonies in the Star Wars universe, as part of a developed ecosystem.

Hemble, I have to admit, the thought of yet another pathetic life form turned my stomach a bit, but the following makes them much more palatable:

Ingredients

For the Batter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornstarch
one 12-ounce can beer (we prefer Snake River's Obi-1 Organic Ale)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon kosher salt

For the Porg
6 cups peanut or canola oil
1 ½ pounds skinless porg fillets, cut into four pieces, less than ¾-inch thick
salt and pepper
malt vinegar, or lemon

Directions
For the Batter: Whisk together flour, cornstarch, beer, egg, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Make sure there are no lumps. Cover bowl and place in fridge for at least 20 minutes, and up to 3 hours.

For the Porg: Pour oil into a large dutch oven. Turn heat to medium and bring to a temperature of 375°F.

Dry porg fillets with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Drop each piece into the bowl of batter.

When oil is at 375°F., remove one piece of porg out with a pair of tongs, letting the excess batter drip back into the bowl. Then lower it into the oil, holding on to it for a few seconds to keep it from sticking to the bottom. Repeat process with other fillets. Adjust heat to medium-high to keep temperature at about 350°F. Cook until fillets are golden brown, about five minutes.

Drain porg fillets on a baking sheet covered with paper towels. Serve with cole slaw, malt vinegar, lemon, or whatever you like best.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tamer:
Great recipe. I am gonna have to look up that beer. Sounds good.

hemble:
LOL love the recipe mate.

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version