Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 5 Talk  (Read 21785 times)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Clone Wars Season 5 Talk
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »
Well, episode 10 wasn't for me. The minute I saw Mace addressing those astromechs, I lost interest. However, I'm sure Wraithnine will love this one  ;D

I did like the link with the search for the infamous Enigma in WWII, though.

But it's like Chad and Shawn already said in their podcasts, this show's more and more becoming Star Wars: The Wars... Where are the clones?!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
Yeah I did love this episode it had the right mix of tongue in cheek comedy and droid action I also liked the young Jedi arc but you're not wrong Volker ,it's episode 10 and there's a distinct lack of clones ,what gives ? I'm not too keen on all these arcs either .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »
I have to admit.  I have liked every episode of Clone Wars.  Especially the political fare that George has gone out of his way to include.  (I know I'm in the minority, but the political episodes have been some of my favorite.  Let's face it, politics have always been at the core of the franchise just as much as the spiritualism.). There are definitely episodes that I appreciate more than others, but since the beginning I have always thought that the title of "Clone Wars" was more a show about the time period rather than a description of the events that we would watch unfold before our eyes.  While the episodes we have been watching lately have been more kidcentric, I understand that Star Wars is family entertainment and the younger fans need to have their share of episodes too.  I know the second half of the season will have plenty of action packed episodes for us older fans going forward and we have benefited from the structure the most since the show's introduction. 

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
I have to say I have enjoyed this season of TCW. I see the latest episode as a nod to the Droids cartoons, and I like it. Did anyone notice the Jaxxon, from Marvel Comics, corpse leaned up against the crashed ship? Peakob1 pointed that out to me . I enjoy seeing all the events surrounding the Clone Wars rather than Clones every week. I feel they are mixing things up and not saturating the story line with the same characters and events over and over. I also really enjoyed the arc with Ashoka and the Rebels. Great characters and great writing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
Well I took some time as I was feeling lousy last night to crawl onto my sofa and finally hit the dvr play button on these past episodes. Chad and I were talking about how these have kind of lost our interest on our last podcast. I stopped watching after the first youngling episode and caught back up from there. I must say I still pretty much feel the same as I did before I watched them. That being said, I do feel they aren't as awful as those political episodes, but also feel like we are just getting filler episodes that aren't moving the entire story arc along. I also can't seem to get my little gal to watch em with me anymore as, "its just the same thing again" which were her comments. I tried to get her to watch the last one with the pink astro and still couldn't budge her. I am hoping maybe Bo-Katan might be action packed enough.

And yes Spry I did notice that Jaxxon corpse and I find myself looking for those little details and EU and OT nods rather than some of the story that is taking place which I guess is kinda sad. I also thought it was cool to see them use R2-KT and bet those parents felt really good after seeing and noticing that. I can only hope the Mandalorian Arc with Obi in the beskar gam will happen next or we will get to see Gregor.

Offline bobby-brazil

• Ensign
  • I made a few modifications my self
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
I for one am a great astromech enthuisist, and the last two episodes have been great for me, i think wraith9 will probably be making the droid with a command module.

Offline TK6540

• Cadet
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
I think that season 5 is off to a good start. Plenty of bad guys and some different good guys, this season kinda shows great heroes can come in small sizes though I'm still debating over what I like most randomly awesome episodes or never-ending story arches.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
I'm probably apt to agree with Tamer, none of these episodes have been terrible (like the horrific political disaster of episodes) but they are lacking the narrative quality and power of many of the previous episodes. Remember when we had awesome episodes like Ryloth, the Zilo Beast, The Return to Geonosis, The Birth of Savage, The Mortis Trilogy, and Umbara? Those sorts of magnificent episodes have been missing from this season. I'll grant that I've been entertained by the Onderon Rebels episodes and the premier with Maul/Savage and Adi's death, yet even those could have been done better. I've always been one of the CW's strongest supporters who was willing to go to bat for it against any haters, however, I'm beginning to lose interest in the show, which I used to count as a powerful piece of the overall SW narrative and one of my personal favorite aspects of SW. We need more Clone Wars and less tongue and cheek satirical episodes.   

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »
I appreciate how everyone is willing to share their points in a non-argumentative manner. I think all are valid.

Clone Crazy definitely has a point with the satirical episodes as far as I am concerned.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
i think that apart from slight discrepancies over who likes what episode ,we basically all agree that we need more war based action ,on a different note i have noticed that all the episode  listings i have seen all stop at 16 and considering there tends to be about 22 episodes in a season  i find that odd.

Blake, don't forget mate those customs are on their way to you .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
Thats a good point too Jay. I wonder what that means?

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Definitely need some clone story arcs. I get the importance of all these different stories and angles, but there is sooooo much that can be done with the variety of Clone legions and trooper types.

Jabiim....just saying..if we ever have more episodes in phase I armor (however unlikely) that would be epic. Seeing the first AT ATs.
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
I have hated the CW episodes this season. I have always supported CW but they have just ruined it this season. I am very, very disappointed. I really want to see some clones! When i saw the preview with Gregor i was like, H***L yeah!!!!!! But now i realize that they have turned The "Clone" Wars into Piece of Crap Wars, because honestly this show is now crap and i will not keep watching it if it is this bad in the future! I want to see some FRAKKIN CLONES!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:52 AM »
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/02/star-wars-the-clone-wars-watch-exclusive-clip-from-100th-episode-video/

check this link out  its a sort of recap ...but pay very close attention to the last 10 seconds of it ...very close attention.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 09:02:17 AM »
interesting, I may have to tune in.