Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/24  (Read 240248 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/22/23
« Reply #1230 on: July 28, 2023, 09:55:24 PM »
We'd love to say that we had been preparing for quite some time to come up with a cool way to celebrate the blog's 13th anniversary, but truth be told we have been so busy that we had to come up with a spontaneous plan for a custom post. We looked at what we had that would be quick and capable of helping us reach such a short deadline. In the end, we narrowed our choices down to an animated Hunter from The Bad Batch, a TVC Praetorian Guard from The Mandalorian Season 3, and a TVC Carson Teva from Season 2 of The Mandalorian.

Initially, I started painting the Carson Teva head that we purchased from Watto's Scrapyard because even 13 years into the blog, we are still going out of our way to promote other artists in the community. I placed the head onto a very expensive super-articulated version of Jek Porkins. I was going to use the helmet of the figure as well, but quickly realized it was a bit too snug and would cause some serious paint rub. Dad did some test fitting with the diverse number of X-wing and Rebel Snowspeeder helmets represented in our collection and found that the POTF Jek Porkins helmet to be the best fit for the Carson Teva 3D resin print. Once we had the build we wanted I quickly painted the rest of the head and the helmet then sealed the paintjob with some Dulcote spray from Testor's.

Carson Teva was a human male captain who served in the Rebel Alliance and later within the Adelphi Rangers of the New Republic Starfighter Corps flying a T-65B X-wing starfighter. While patrolling in the Outer Rim in 9 ABY, he and fellow New Republic pilot Trapper Wolf approached the gunship Razor Crest, questioning why the starship's transponder was not emitting. The Crest's pilot, the Mandalorian bounty hunter Din Djarin, explained that the vessel was pre-Galactic Empire and promised to fix his issue. Teva then requested a ping from Djarin, which the Mandalorian eventually transmitted reluctantly. Wolf then connected the Razor Crest to a breakout on a New Republic Correctional Transport and Djarin attempted to flee.

Teva and Wolf pursued the Razor Crest through the atmosphere of the planet Maldo Kreis but eventually lost visual of the starship. Running tabs on the gunship after, the pair learned of some selfless actions Djarin made on the correctional transport. They found the Crest after and rescued it from a swarm of knobby white ice spiders. Teva explained to Djarin what he and Wolf had learned about the Mandalorian and let the bounty hunter walk free, departing on their X-wing starfighters.

Teva and a wingmate later went to the planet Nevarro and the captain questioned Magistrate Greef Karga about the destruction of a base and a possible detection of the Razor Crest. Karga answered Teva's inquiries, and promised to contact the captain if there was any anything to add. Teva then talked with the ex-rebel Cara Dune, offering her a chance to help the New Republic quash the Imperial presence in the Outer Rim, which she silently refused.

While patrolling above the planet Tatooine, Teva and Lieutenant Reed encountered Djarin again. While Reed wanted to use further force with the Mandalorian and his fighter, the captain chose to let the bounty hunter off, attempting to bargain for answers regarding the prior incident on Nevarro.

TVC "CARSON TEVA"
custom action figure
created by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/28/23
« Reply #1231 on: July 28, 2023, 09:55:52 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:57:31 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1232 on: July 28, 2023, 10:13:31 PM »
That's awesome! Congrats on 13 as well!  :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1233 on: July 30, 2023, 06:12:30 AM »
Awesome way to celebrate if you ask me.

Very nice. Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1234 on: August 17, 2023, 04:30:44 AM »
Two new Customs we recently completed.

"THE CLONE WARS"/"THE BAD BATCH"
HUNTER
painted by Elias

"THE CLONE WARS"
ORUBA THE HUTT
painted by "Customs for the Kid"
3-D Design by Uzay Customs

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 04:32:21 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/17/23
« Reply #1235 on: August 17, 2023, 09:42:08 AM »
Hunter's face paint is amazing. Oruba looks great too, all the lines and spots give his paint job a lot of dimension.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1236 on: August 18, 2023, 03:02:25 AM »
that small skull on the headband is killer. Great job on both.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1237 on: August 26, 2023, 05:48:31 AM »
Our friend Chad aka Peak-OB1 Custom Creations sent us a glorious package a few weeks ago with all kinds of goodies. Dad has been having a blast painting up the box's contents. This week we are sharing a creature Darth Daddy has been wanting to add to my Jabba Throne Room display for years now.

Sic-Six were a six-eyed intelligent species who, due to their unusual appearance, were easily mistaken for pests. One Sic-Six resided in the palace of Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine during the Galactic Civil War.

ROTJ SIC-SIX
painted by Darth Daddy
3D Design by Peak-OB1 Custom Creations

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/26/23
« Reply #1238 on: August 26, 2023, 04:48:14 PM »
That paint job is spot on! Weird critter, that one, but it certainly helps to authentically replicate Jabba's throne room.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1239 on: August 27, 2023, 06:17:27 AM »
Wow, great addition to your dio. I thought I was looking at a movie still there for a second. That dio is fantastic.

Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1240 on: September 17, 2023, 01:32:29 PM »
" A NEW HOPE" OBI-WAN KENOBI created by "Customs for the Kid"

This was just a simple headswap we did on The Legacy Collection BD34 Obi-Wan Kenobi with a head that we purchased from wholesale-vip on eBay. It came with a neck when it arrived so Dad grinded the neck away with a stone bit from our Dremel.

When Dad had everything looking smooth and pretty, I quickly added paint to the head to complete the figure. At some paint when I find the optimal parts, I plan on switching him out below the waist to incorporate ball jointed hips and rocker ankles. We definitely like the new headsculpt though. The new head's a huge improvement over what Hasbro released.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 9/17/23
« Reply #1241 on: September 18, 2023, 02:28:08 AM »
Yepper, looks much better to me too. Off to share on the front pages!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1242 on: September 18, 2023, 05:22:13 PM »
That's a brilliant headsculpt. The paint job is fantastic. Spot on Elias. Thanks for sharing.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1243 on: October 08, 2023, 05:36:49 AM »
On October 07, 2023, we traveled to RedFive Toys & Collectibles in East Longmeadow, MA. It wasn't our first trip to the store. The Vintage Collection has a heavy presence in this toy store so it's always worth the trip to Massachusetts. As usual, upon our arrival, the pegs were completely stacked with the latest TVC waves. Even more than our last trip to RedFive. The store even had Din Djarin's N-1 Starfighter and Jabba's Palace from "The Book of Boba Fett" complete with the oversized TVC Bib Fortuna available for purchase.

We made the trip for a special event that was being held at the toy store which featured Amy Allen the actress who starred as Star Wars character Aayla Secura in the Prequel Trilogy who made herself available for signing autographs and photos with fans. The event was absolutely packed with fans, a Kylo Ren and a Battle-Damaged Darth Vader cosplayer, and the store was even raffling off Boba Fett's TVC Slave I from "The Book of Boba Fett".

While at the signing, I had the chance to present the Star Wars actress with a Star Wars custom action figure I made of her character. To make her figure, all that was needed was some additional sculpting on TVC Aayla Secura action figure and a fresh coat of paint.

The day was so much fun. We even had the chance to meet up with Chris Swanski of BanthaSkull.com and John Miko of the SW The Vintage Collection group on Facebook who also both attended the event. Dad came along for the trip and got so busy talking with our fellow collectors that he never took the time to meet with Amy Allen.

We definitely recommend making a visit to RedFive Toys & Collectibles. Even when fun events aren't taking place, RedFive Toys & Collectibles is definitely our favorite toy store in the Northeast!

AAYLA SECURA
custom action figure
created by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/07/23
« Reply #1244 on: October 08, 2023, 03:45:23 PM »
Super cool, Elias! I really like your modifications to Amy...I mean Aayla Secura.  ;D
Great shot with the actress, too.