Author Topic: Imperial Tower Update 9/15/12 - Psyclone's Customs  (Read 14157 times)

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
Re: Imperial Tower/Base - Psyclone's Customs
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »
Scott, the pix speak for themselves. Freakin cool as [bleep]!
Really, that is one of the coolest things I've seen. You deserve to be uber proud of what you've created.
I can't stop shaking my head in disbelief.

Barry

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Death Star Turbolaser WIP - Psyclone's Customs
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »
Whoaaaaaaaaaa....  that's awesome!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 03:38:32 AM »
The detail here is exquisite.

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 08:41:17 AM »
Excellent !
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »
Great job on this one. Man, I can't wait to see this with the guns.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
Great job on this one. Man, I can't wait to see this with the guns.

Thanks, the guns are being worked on.  These may take a bit longer since I'm trying to be as movie accurate as I can with this model unlike the Imperial Tower where I'm just cobbling some things together that I think look good.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 05:30:37 AM »
It looks great, I really dig the larger scale customs. Can't wait to see the guns finished up. 

Great Job

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »
Its says you have it scaled for the 1:18 Hasbro figures, is there anyway posible you could help figure out the size diffrence so that your basic pattern could be used to create a turbo-laser for use with the 3 3/4 figures? I build Dioramas myself and am currently working on an Imperial bunker I would love to be able to have a turbo-laser to put with my large scale x-wings and TIE's for a death star scene.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 10:43:09 AM »
Its says you have it scaled for the 1:18 Hasbro figures, is there anyway posible you could help figure out the size diffrence so that your basic pattern could be used to create a turbo-laser for use with the 3 3/4 figures? I build Dioramas myself and am currently working on an Imperial bunker I would love to be able to have a turbo-laser to put with my large scale x-wings and TIE's for a death star scene.

1:18 is in scale with 3 3/4".  1:6 would be for the 12" figures and so on.  I'll post some photos of the tower  with the 3 3/4" figures for comparison soon.  I should have done that to begin with but forgot.

EDIT:  To be clear, to be true to the tower, in reality it may be a little bigger in the films.  It's hard to say since we never see any people on the platforms or on the ladders to compare but I think this is pretty close.  But, though this gun may be scaled down a wee bit, it was made to be displayed with the 3 3/4" figures.  Pic coming soon.

EDIT2:  I added this image to the first post but I'll put it in this reply also. Below is a Hasbro 3 3/4" Death Star Gunner climbing the ladder for comparison.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:58:54 AM by Psyclone »

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
I realized that after I sent it lol, the picture looks great I plan to start one of my own with your permission as it was your Idea and would like to know that it is ok for me to use your idea for my collection as well.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS... WHAT DO WE WANT? GUNS. WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? NOW!!!!

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
I realized that after I sent it lol, the picture looks great I plan to start one of my own with your permission as it was your Idea and would like to know that it is ok for me to use your idea for my collection as well.

Have at it!  You don't need my permission, that's for sure.  Heck, you could even copy my stuff piece by piece and I wouldn't mind.  I look at others work all the time and use it for references.  That's what I see these boards for, inspiration and a way to pick up tips.  If you have any questions about the process or reach a snag just let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. 

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »
WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS, WE WANT GUNS... WHAT DO WE WANT? GUNS. WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? NOW!!!!

I hear ya.  I'm gathering the materials I need as I browse the hardware stores and Home Depots.  What's taking me a little more time than I hoped is that I plan on making the guns go up and down.  I'm working on the best way to do that that will support the weight. I hope to have some progress shots soon. So many projects, so little time.  I wonder how much the Kaminoans charge for a few clones of me so I can get it all done faster.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:47:35 PM by Psyclone »

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »
One ? does spring to mind, the sheet styrene were would you recomend finding some.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
One ? does spring to mind, the sheet styrene were would you recomend finding some.

I buy and order mine at a local train/hobby store but you can find it at Hobbytown or many online stores including Ebay. It aslo goes by the name Plasticard in the UK.  I use Evergreen (http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/ and Plastruct (http://www.plastruct.com/.  Google search for "sheet styrene" and "Plasticard" and you'll see many different thicknesses and ways to use it.