Imperial Creative Engineering > Graphic Fiction

PHOTO NOVELISTS LOUNGE -

<< < (2/5) > >>

hangarbay94:
Kualan,

Thanks for giving me this insight. I really need something like this to help me along with my own work. I'll be doing some heavy photoshop work on the figures, so I won't be cramping your style in terms of presentation style, it's just by using this method it will speed things up for me no end.

I'll give this a go later on.

Thanks so much for this.

HB94

hangarbay94:
Kualan,

I think I'm almost there. Unfortunately Winrar would not extract the .pk3 files into the "players" folder in the Jedi Academy base/models/players file that I had created. Instead I had to extract the .pk3 files into a folder on my desktop then copy paste them into the Jedi Academy location.

That done I opened ModView and found the model.glm files and hit the open button. this is the error message that came up:

Have I missed anything?

J

hangarbay94:
Oh yea baby!!!! it looks like I'm getting somewhere...

I re-extracted the .pk3 files to a folder I created on my desktop then copied the filed into the folder created in the LucasArts folder. Tried again, got a couple of errors, one about a "shader" and another about a type of file but after I hit ok a guy has appeared!

I'll now look into the manipulation side and let you know how I get on.

This is so cool!

HB

Kualan:
Don't worry about error messages - ModView can not display the shaders anyway, but looks for them despite this. The other one probably mentioned something to do with 'stormtroopercaps' or something like that? Again, I get the same - doesn't affect the result.

For the issue where it won't let you extract the pk3s directly into the right folder - right-click your Lucasarts folder and edit the Security settings to allow whichever user profile you're on (assuming you use Windows) to modify, edit, etc folders. I think they might automatically be set to 'view only'.

Any other issues just give me a shout!

As for the warning message in the image you posted - that's because you need the '_humanoid' folder extracted. It contains animation information, whereas all the others just contain model data.

Once you're familiar with ModView and played around with it and got a feel for the software, I can show you new animation files that add new movements/positions/etc to the list, to expand what can be done, how to get weapons into the software, etc.

hangarbay94:
Yes, I've got it! I'm eager to find out more!

J

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version