Author Topic: clonehead's brother's stuff  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
clonehead's brother's stuff
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this but some of you know that my brother Paul is a graphic artist. He has worked for Disney and Pixar in the past but currently does a lot of free lance stuff.

Here lately, he has been doing some work on some independent films, working with graphic and prop design and what not.

Here a short film he worked on called Tempo that is about a pair of scientists that are working on a mass acceleration device. Pretty cool! You can see him walk by in the background in one of the shots.

He is working on another project with the same group, I believe, on a film involving some kind of Magnetic Glove device, which i would assume would render the wearer the powers over magnetism similar to Magneto.

He had sent me first this concept image of the glove in question and then showed me some prop work for the glove that he was doing. The theme is to be a bit retro, think 60s or 70s

this last shot shows him and his producer "i guess that is what you would call him" next to a vintage coke machine wearing an upper graphic that Paul also designed. My brother is the one on the left

He is loosely using the Rasputin Glove from the opening sequence of the movie Hellboy as inspiration in the design of this glove. He found this article from a fan who was building a replica that is pretty cool.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/hellboy-rasputin-mecha-glove-project-101446/

I am always proud of my brother and am excited about this new project he is working on. I have helped him trouble shoot ideas over the phone but would love to be able to help him in a more personal capacity and I know he feels the same way. He is apt to have me building a scale town for a future Godzilla movie or something one of these days.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:05:42 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: clonehead's brother's stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
Now that is just cool. Time to get this on the front page.

Offline Poffie

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
Wow nice film!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »
That's what I call following a dream. Serious career envy!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »
This is awesome, congrats to your brother on his career and artistic talent.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
yes, I am very proud of him. His latest movie project is out.