Author Topic: My attempt at a photo comic book  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: My attempt at a photo comic book
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 12:14:13 PM »
Wow this was moving along nicely too bad you never got to finish it.  Thanks for sharing the beginnings of your work though.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
i remembered i had some pics that i did a few months back when i had no work for about a month so i just did a little fiddling in PS with some pics of  some clones i had set up in my SW room

man this is an old shot!! this is when i had only 12 or so 187th lol now i have like 40

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
That was a great read CC. I'm a fan of the comic book style photonovel and you've made one with excellent panels. I hope you'll be able to continue it  :)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 02:37:30 AM »
nice trev!  the amount of creativity flowing now is awesome everyone is revealing hidden talents!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2009, 05:59:39 AM »
Pretty cool, Trev. I wish I had time to try something like this.
The number of your troops still astounds me.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 02:37:46 AM »
Clone Commander, you  really have what it takes to make a cool photonovel, plus you've got loads of great figures that you can use!

Your photo's are crisp, your photoshop work is no worse than mine when when I started out and the shot if the imperial cruiser in space is really superb, as are the laser shots and special effects. We all have to start somewhere and you don't have to look for total realism, you just have to have a style of your own, something which you have shown here.

Seriously I love whay you have done here and even if a project takes a year to do as something you work on occasionally I'd love to see a CloneCommander Photonovel.

Jules

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:53 AM »

Clone Commander, you  really have what it takes to make a cool photonovel, plus you've got loads of great figures that you can use!

Your photo's are crisp, your photoshop work is no worse than mine when when I started out and the shot if the imperial cruiser in space is really superb, as are the laser shots and special effects. We all have to start somewhere and you don't have to look for total realism, you just have to have a style of your own, something which you have shown here.

Seriously I love whay you have done here and even if a project takes a year to do as something you work on occasionally I'd love to see a CloneCommander Photonovel.

Jules

Thanks G'Jules i appreciate the very kind words mate. with what you have just said has inspired me to have a go at a new project nothing concrete yet but will be tossing ideas around in my head and see what will work, i would love to see some your tutorials some day soon, i think it will help tremendously.
always great to hear your thoughts

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 02:01:23 PM »
CC, this is very exciting news! A word of advice, be prepared to be sucked in...Working on a photonovel is extreamly absorbing.

I'd be happy to offer you 1 2 one tuition via SKYPE if you need any help as it might be some time before I do YouTube tutorials, I've got so much on and I really must begin to work on my own novel as it is my main contribution to this site and what I enjoy working on the most.

Jules

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
just a couple of images i was playing around with on the weekend

and i did one and put jays face in it lol so he is with the rest of his squad  ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »
CC,

Both shots are great the 1st is very subtle. I love the laser bolts, how did you get the point on the ends? If that is the quality of your production , producing a photonovel will be the best wa of improving your skills. Your images show great imagination and creativity, it would be so exciting to see a home grown novellist on this forum.

Your skills with photoshop are coming on with leaps and bounds and I am very impressed. The areas I've seen that I would work on are your definition of lettering and laser effects which is very simple to rectify, and lighting on your pasted figures, which is the hardest part to learn, but will come with practice.

If you go on SKYPE I'm there as Hangarbay94. my offer of a bit of free tuition and an exchange of ideas is open if you want it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:09:53 AM by hangarbay94 »

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 12:24:40 AM »
Thanks Jules
i would love to go on Skype but I'm not a great speaker live and am better at just typing I'm afraid, even then it lacks, jay can testify to that lol
all i used was the Ellipse tool to get my laser bolts just squeezed it till i thought it looked like one

thanks for the offer Jules i may take that up soon just need to be more confidant  :-\  :)

the only thing i do when cutting around a figure is use the background eraser tool to start with (click once) and then zoom into the picture and use the eraser tool for the rest, i have tried to use the pen tool but man that's one hard sucker to get around lol

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:31 AM »
Nice work, Trev! That first shot is inspiring.
Jules is right. You are getting good at this.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 06:48:48 AM »
Great job on the graphics

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 09:10:17 AM »
Great job so far,   I really like the wraith squad line up and inserting Jay's mug in there looks spot on

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »
Excellent work!! I love how you have one picture across three different panels!! Very good, hope to see more!!

Jason