Author Topic: Vintage 2010 Wave 2  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage 2010 Wave 2
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 12:33:56 PM »
I think the biggest thing we all need to consider here is that we all have our viewpoints based on how much collecting and how many of the same releases we have seen over and over. For me, seeing repacks just makes it easier to pass and save my money for new figures and new vehicles that have not been released before. The great thing about being in free countries is at least we are allowed to share our viewpoints and even "whine" a bit.

Offline nerfherder76

• correllien actio hero
  • Cadet
    • nerfherer76 youtube account
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »
Well i for one will be backing up Steve/sithlord229's post i too am in total awe of the new vintage line and in all honestly will attempt to buy them all as for repacks most if not all seem to be updates foe eg grievous cape sandtroopers pouldron and riffle the only place i see jays point is in regards to putting a clone in both vintage line and saga legends but that at least should have you all jumping for joy as there your main fodder . i never got a chance to get Cody or grievous  you have to look at the point of  this some kid hasn't ever seen star wars on Monday . Tuesday he sees a copy and falls in love and wants figures how the hell can he if they don't repack not all trust eBay and show me a kid who can wait for delivery? i also agree with jay on the choice of jango in the s/l line id of prefaired the greatest hits of the legacy collection i didn't want to get embroiled in this debate especially as I'm good friends with both jay and Steve but the recent question  to hasbro about more  being put into the cards than figures complete rubbish i think hasbro are excelling at there sculpts i happen to have in hand dengar from the vintage wave and this guy is a spitting image of his on screen actor absolutely beautifully I'm sorry but theres so much negativity emanating from the yards its coming across like  some people will only be happy with a line dedicated just to them  I'm sorry if  my comments offend any  one  but I'm sick with the negativity here and quit frankly if you decide to kick me out after this so be it lol

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
nope karl everyone has a point of view mate and you are entitled to your piece  i had a lengthy conversation with steve and we both understand each other points of view   steve agreed with some stuff i said and i agreed with him on some of his   the fact is hasbro are getting flak from many quarters about the high amount of repacks they are churning out  ,and are starting to get defensive  ( you only have to read rebelsums QnA round up for that)but the one thing we both agree on is that hasbro need to 1) make vintage a little bit more special and perhaps scale back the repacks a bit ,2) and this  one we both agree on is that hasbro really really need to sort out their case assortments which are dire.steves biggest concern and i must agree with him here is CW    hasbro released details of waves 1 & 1.5    24 figures in all and only 4....yes 4! are new figs  the rest are straight repacks! ..not a good start in anyones book mate . karl mate i'm not being negative about vintage  just a touch realistic buddy (believe it or not i actually have my eye on a couple of vintage figs!)so i will say this the biggest problem vintage has is the retailers ,hasbro left them high and dry when they cancelled legacy and they will need to rebuild their relationships with them for vintage to be a success ,and i hope they do i wanna be able to buy star wars figs in the shops!   guess only time will tell mate ,never be afraid to voice your opinion mate ...ever.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »
The problem lies with case assortments. That will be the ONLY thing that will ruin either line, They seem to have the Saga Legends case assortments down to a tee, so why can they not do it with Vintage/Legacy & CW.
I am all for repack figures but going into a store that has just received 10 new cases of say 10 figures & only 40 of that 100 are new figures is quite disappointing & thus we have pegwarmers. This is the ONLY problem I see with the new Star Wars lines.

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
Does anyone know if they are going to make a death squad commander and imperial commander from the 78 line or was that just a fan rumor?
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 07:44:20 PM »
Does anyone know if they are going to make a death squad commander and imperial commander from the 78 line or was that just a fan rumor?

You certainly hear about the possibility of these figures quite a bit on various collecting forums.  "Death Squad Commander" as a figure name was changed to "Star Destroyer Commander" even back in the vintage days for "political correctness".  I'd venture to guess, should Hasbro release such a figure in the gray fatigues (the color being hotly, and sometimes ridiculously debated as to it's authenticity), they'd go with name "Star Destroyer Commander" for the same reason. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »
Good to see you Scraith. I wondered where you had gotten too.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
I'll tell you guys one good thing about repacks they are great for fodder! that boba fett will most defintley be on my wants list for fodder and the sandtrooper too  and add the clone trooper and cody to my list

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
Still say they are trying to pull a fast one. Cody's not new. Boba Fett's not new.  Sandtrooper's not new. It 's all about the packaging.  I'm done complaining now. I just don't like hearing people praising the Vintage line when it should be called Saga Legends 2.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
I like repacks, it allows me to save my money for actual new items. I just might be able to add another BAT-AT with the repacks they are adding to this line!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »
Yeah, me too. I think I would like to have 2 AT-ATs, one for Hoth, one for Endor and the cloud car, not because I want it real bad, just never had one as a kid so I need one now. What does upset me is that I heard the price for the Vintage stuff is $9.99? I haven't been out looking the last couple of weeks but I know Hasbro has been saying no price increase so what's up with that?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
Mike I feel your pain on the price question. Hasbro has said that there would be on price increase and yet we are seeing the new Vintage line go for 9.99 at toysrus. I am wondering why no one has put up that question in the Hasbro Q and A thread. I keep hoping we see these show up at Walmart and Target at regular prices. I guess some stores are still trying to clear out the Legacy items. I would assume the Clone Wars figs will probably still stay on the pegs. I could be wrong about that though.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 08:39:13 PM »
the vintage figs at Target are only 7.99, just saying. I heard Walmart will be about that price too.

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »
Yes I can confirm that the $9.99 shenanigans are only being pulled by Toys R Us in my area.  Target has them for $7.99.  Toys R Us just doesn't get it--and they wonder why they're in financial trouble.  It doesn't take a genius to recognize raising prices on items people can get else where for less isn't going to increase revenue--just the opposite.