Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 528208 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Doc Savage n Dutch Schaefer 3-3/4" P27 28/01/12
« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2012, 03:58:04 AM »
Hi All

Spry and CS78 - Guys thanks heaps and glad you like them and Tom the head is a Duke from Rise of Cobra.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Doc Savage n Dutch Schaefer 3-3/4" P27 28/01/12
« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »
Hi All

I have slowed right down in my work for when I go which I'm stoked about so until I go I have a little bit of free time and I have had this figure sitting on my bench for a long time and finally decided to complete him. And there is a SW dio coming within the week so stay tuned for that in teh SW dio section.

RECIPE 

McCoy - The whole figure and equipment is from Artasylum/Diamond Select TOS series which was made a few years ago. The figures joints were superglued together and then puttied and let dry for a few hours.

The uniform (top & pants) were done by using tissue paper, I cut out the tissue paper and then used watered down PVA glue and attached it to the base figure and once the tissue paper dries it's actually very rigid.

The equipment as mentioned above is also from Artasylum/Diamond Select TOS series, the communicator's flip top section was cut and glue in place to simulate a closed communicator. The medical pouch was made using another tricorder and some left over leather and both the figure and equipment were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW and artist paints.

Base - is from another old base I had lying around I'm just using it as a generic base till I decide what type of base I want for the figure.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Dr McCoy 7" P28 03/02/12
« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
Just superb! and an excellent collectors piece if ever I saw one.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Ron that looks superb mate ! 
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »
Hi All

hangarbay94 & wraithnine - Thanks heaps guys and I'm really stoked with the way it turned out especially the tissue paper. I think it gives the figure more depth and character especially on statue type diorama's.

Ron

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
That one is awesome ron!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »
Hi All

CaptainLux - Thanks Buddy.

Ron

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2012, 07:30:28 AM »
Ron, the tissue paper trick... very clever! very clever indeed! and you are right, it really makes a difference.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #413 on: February 05, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
Ron, again amazing work! I will be trying your tissue paper trick as it looks awesome! Well done mate!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #414 on: February 06, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »
Hi All

hb94 & Spry - again thanks guys and Spry love to see what you come up by using this technic.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
Hi All

Well guys this is it my very last custom/dio until I get back :'( once I get settled in where I'm going I'll let you all know how I'm going which should be about 2-3 weeks so take care guys and be safe.

Ron

While in standard orbit around Trident Telsee IV awaiting to rendezvous with the U.S.S Parramatta for resupply.  The Captain of the U.S.S Vampire orders a small six man away team to head down to the planet to for some routine surveys of the fauna on the planet.

After beaming down the team separate and start doing their surveys and not worried about the primative indigenous tribes that inhabit the planet as they have never cuased any problems in earlier visits to the planet.

Head Botanist Lieutenant Mike McDonald and Head of Security Lieutenant Jake Peterson after about an hour of seperating from the rest of the group get ambushed by the local primative tribes that inhabit the planet. McDonald is pierced in the back by a spear and dies instantly and Peterson drops to the ground and starts to open fire and while this is all going on he can't belive that they got AMBUSHED.

RECIPE  

Figures - The figures and equipment are a mixer of TOS/DS9 Trails and Tribulations/Enterprise from Artasylum/Diamond Select series which was made a few years ago. The figures joints were superglued together and then puttied and let dry for a few hours.

Once the putty and glue had dried the uniforms (top & pants) were done by using tissue paper, I cut out the tissue paper and then used watered down PVA glue and attached it to the base figure and once the tissue paper dries it's actually very rigid.

The equipment as mentioned above is also from Artasylum/Diamond Select TOS series, the communicator's flip top section were cut and glue in place to simulate a closed communicator. The Tricorder is straight out of the package and was repainted,  both the figures and equipment were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW and artist paints.

Base - are two old picture frames I had in the cupboard glued and secured together,  the ground work was built up using plaster of paris and fine washed river sand. The dirt is a mixer of smashed up kitty litter and dirt from a pot plant I keep outside, the grass is model railway grass which was atatched then painted.

The small tuft of grass are from Army Painter Modelling Supplies and they come ona sticky clear sheet and you just pull the tufts off and glue inplace. The larger plants are plastic which I picked up from the local pet shop and the spears are just skewer sticks cut to size and painted.

Ron

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:45:41 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »
two more pics.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Star Trek AMBUSHED 7" P28 11/02/12
« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
Ron it just looks superb. I have got to get this to the front page.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
Nice job on the ST customs.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #419 on: June 03, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »
Hi All

Guys thanks for the replies and sorry for the late reply.

Ron