Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 281257 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #630 on: May 28, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »
They have already said the price will be the same. They have said that a couple of times cuz it was asked in the Q&A's a couple of different times.

ahh yes  ..i also believe they said the BAT-AT was going to be £99.99  in the UK but strangly its being advertised as £139.99..funny that
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #631 on: May 28, 2010, 01:20:42 PM »
Yeah, I figured the price would raise for the AT-AT.  But the figures here in the U.S. are all $5-6 a piece and I hope they stay that way for awhile. Trying to think of a good question for the Q&A. The way they dodge questions makes me want to think of a good one. I really would like for them to give us a checklist and some pictures though instead of having to wait for online sellers to post pictures of the new waves coming out. By the way...the new Sidious in Vintage wave 2 is the one I have been waiting for for 5 years! Looks good from what I can see.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #632 on: June 02, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
I got online to give you our answers! I am so behind.

1) Not every collector cares or wants "more articulation," some of us want good sculpts. And with this Vintage wave coming out that is mostly focused on the packaging and not the sculpts, or any new characters and giving us stuff we already have, any chance we can see the definitive versions of the characters? I think you got it with the new Bespin Luke, he actually looks like Mark Hamill, but the new Hoth Leia and Hoth Han in trenchcoat look funny(hopefully those are just prototypes we saw at toyfare).  To me it seems like updating characters you are saying, "we didn't do very good last time, so buy this new one where we think we made some improvements." How about finishing the list of never before made charecters before starting on updating stuff?

We take umbrage at the comment that Vintage is about the packaging and not the sculpts.  The intention is to produce the best figures we can balancing scultping and articulation, just as we have for every other collector-targeted line in the past 5 years. We will continue with our strategy of anchoring our Vintage line with both core heroes as well as collector-targeted figures, as it has proven to be the best strategy for keeping productivity high and in turn, allowing us to take more chances on new figures. The core heroes will be drawn both from existing figures that we feel do not need to be improved, figures that we feel can can improve in the quest to get a near-perfect figure, and new versions of characters that we have yet to do (i.e. long-coat Han).  There will eventually be many more new never-before-produced characters but the waving strategy will not change.  As for articulation, we do agree with you that not every figure needs to be super-articulated.  To balance aesthetics and cost, not every figure will be.

2) I noticed recently that the paint on the saga legends shock and 501st troopers' shoulders seems to scrape of if you extend their arms fully (ie at shoulder height). Would it be possible for you to do something about this problem for example take 2mm of the shoulder to prevent the friction?

Thanks for the heads-up.  We will certainly take a look at this, as the paint should not be wearing off if the shoulders are raised.  We don't think it is a problem with the sculpt/tightness of joints, but if it is we will look at that as well.

Don't forget our next round is due in by Friday ten A.M. and if I know me I will probably get em sent sometime tomorrow so get any new ones in!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #633 on: June 02, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »
Cad Bane in Clone armor just got postponed. They already answered that one.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #634 on: June 02, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »
no problem. I want that one too. Dang...they took offense a lil bit to that question I asked huh? I don't really think it's the sculpts that is so bad in the  Vintage line, it's some of the paint jobs. At least they kind of answered  the question.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2010, 01:36:19 AM »
no problem. I want that one too. Dang...they took offense a lil bit to that question I asked huh? I don't really think it's the sculpts that is so bad in the  Vintage line, it's some of the paint jobs. At least they kind of answered  the question.

it is possible that theyre getting touchy because they are getting flak from some quarters about vintage?...just a thought ,would explain it tho....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #636 on: June 03, 2010, 02:46:14 AM »
my son wants his question posted to the submissions or something could you take his question
1. im dn's son im a 11 year old  and i used to play with ' the clone wars ' toys from now on i dont as i see they're is no articulation second of all i have seen that through 'some' freinds they lack to liking tcw toys and are more interested in the legacy collection and the new vintage line , why? because they have more realism and kids like me want stuff that we can replicate from movies and like my dad does , paint them to what he likes to make something for me to make a story with as i have a great english level in my year , and what you make now is giving my dad and me a hard time as in , prices have gone up , figures have hardly any articulation , sculpts are bad , and last of all, we dont get figures we die for ! please hasbro this is a message from me my dad my freinds in school to probably half of figurine collectors please hasbro make this wish come true

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #637 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »
eh-heh...
Quote from: Hasbro
We take umbrage at the comment that Vintage is about the packaging and not the sculpts.

Then why go all-out on a new, radically-different package design into which you are going to stuff repacked figs?

I don't collect packaging, all I do is keep an example of each card.  I like all the articulation I can get and always end up wanting more. 

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #638 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19:18 PM »
my son wants his question posted to the submissions or something could you take his question
1. im dn's son im a 11 year old  and i used to play with ' the clone wars ' toys from now on i dont as i see they're is no articulation second of all i have seen that through 'some' freinds they lack to liking tcw toys and are more interested in the legacy collection and the new vintage line , why? because they have more realism and kids like me want stuff that we can replicate from movies and like my dad does , paint them to what he likes to make something for me to make a story with as i have a great english level in my year , and what you make now is giving my dad and me a hard time as in , prices have gone up , figures have hardly any articulation , sculpts are bad , and last of all, we dont get figures we die for ! please hasbro this is a message from me my dad my freinds in school to probably half of figurine collectors please hasbro make this wish come true

I agree with the kid.

Heres my ones
1) Recently clone troopers from the clone wars dont seem to be able to hold there assiociated weapon or are not packed with the correct weapon, case in point Commander Thire,  the figure was not packed withe the DC-15 rifle he used in the episode Ambush (series 1 episode 1) also one of his hands is not able to hold the blaster pistol for it. A simple fix for this problem would be a trigger finger on both hands or a tightening of the hand mold by a milimeter or two.  Would hasbro consider solutions to this problem.
2) After seeing the selection of weapons in the new saga ledgends figures including the commando weapons and arc trooper rifle. Are we going to be surprised at toy fair by an annoncement of commando figures or are we going to see the ever popular and desired ARC troopers in the new line up.
3) Could you tell us of the features of the new boba fet, ie will he have a removable helmet etc.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
I know Hasbro answered this way back in a previous Q&A but I can't find the answer and was wondering if anyone else remembers it. Why did Hasbro make the new sculpt (evolutions) Jango fett purple?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2010, 11:36:58 PM »
http://www.toyark.com/news/star-wars-toy-news-3/star-wars-qa-round-6-answers-2829/

To question #2....Where have they been? What a waste of a question.
Anyways.....here's my question for Hasbro.

My dearest Hasbro,
Why exactly do you have to produce Exclusives. 99% of the time they are awesome, but they are also 75% hard to find (for example: the new EU wave at Toys-R-Us). Why can't you just send out all your products to all the stores?

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2010, 07:10:57 AM »
cypress , they say its becasue not all stores think they are worth of getting them becasue people wont buy them, i think they answered a question like that before ,

my question is that i have no question but why?
May the Force be with you !

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #642 on: June 07, 2010, 12:43:42 PM »
oh this is from dn snr wow never typed that in before , anyways, when can my i.m.p.s question go in because ill buy 20 of every one of those imps

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #643 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:48 PM »
huh?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #644 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
uhhh, huh?