Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 281257 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #975 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
We recieved our answers from the last round of questions today.

With the recent images released at NYCC 2011, if Darth Malgus is in fact going to be released as an action figure in TVC line, will you also, or are you considering releasing his vehicle to acompany such a highlly anticipated release of a figure? (Images provided of his vehicle, " Sith Fury Class Imperial Interceptor ")

No, his vehicle is currently not in the plan.

With all the great astromech molds we were given years ago why are new astro's being released with the inferior BAD parts? To follow up is there any reason for the lower hole in each side of the body?

We believe the BAD parts add an additional level of play to the line.   The lower holes allow for more creative BAD play.

As we know some rounds are hits and some are not. Please also be advized that our last set of questions for this current round are due by next Thursday in the PM.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #976 on: November 11, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »
Following up on the BAD question - what detail is being lost by the existence of those holes?  Might be worth someone(s) who can sculpt and cast parts to create a detailed "plug" that fits the socket so as to hide the hole and provide detail in that area.

Not that we know anyone(s) like that...
 8)
 ^-^
 ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #977 on: November 11, 2011, 08:52:11 AM »
Good point Doc! I glue a small metal snap button over the holes in some of mine.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #978 on: November 11, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
LOL, custom BAD astromech hole plugs!

Too bad they staged the boycott of the previous round's questions for every participating site just to avoid answering my prototype boba mail in fiasco question. I guess I ruined it for everyone. Sorry, folks.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #979 on: November 11, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
The trick will be to resubmit *every* question in one mass *except* your suspect question and get answers, then submit all-new questions *and* your mail-in question and see if they has "unavoidable technical issues" again.  Counter-intel at its finest...   8)

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #980 on: November 11, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
BUGGER!!! Lets hope this is a case of no means yes and they decide to suprise us all with the release of Malgus' vehicle.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #981 on: November 11, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
usually means "we'll see how much our customers demand it and see how much use it gets in the show."

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #982 on: November 11, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
Please re-ask the question about the SW:TCW Separatist figures.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #983 on: November 11, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »
Agreed.  Rune had a good question that needs to be re-asked.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #984 on: November 11, 2011, 10:22:03 PM »
DeltaSquadSev11's question actually, but indeed a good question.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #985 on: November 13, 2011, 09:16:20 AM »
DeltaSquadSev11's question actually, but indeed a good question.
I just want more Separatist figures!

I prefer the good guys (don't kill me!), but seriously, besides droids or leaders like Dooku, Grievous even Savage etc, we've only gotten one commander/general and that was Whorm Loathsom, who is one of the more forgetable villains. I'd love to see Osi Sobeck & Riff Tamson made, over a couple of clones.

Hopefully Sobeck is planned in a mini-rig for next year, though I don't count on it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #986 on: November 13, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
Someone find that Sep. question and post it here so I can find it please.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #987 on: November 13, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »
Someone find that Sep. question and post it here so I can find it please.
You're wish is my command.

Dear Hasbro

Throughtout the Star Wars: The Clone Wars line there has been a distinct lack of Separatist characters being made into figures. That is not counting the above usual Droids and leaders like Grievous or Dooku. So, will we be seeing some new Separatist leaders in TCW line at some point? And that's not just counting generals like Osi Sobeck, Wat Tambor etc. How about a Lux Bonteri figure, possibly from his season 4 gear? I'm sure many collectors would go for the chance to get a figure that is collector-centered. Speaking of which, Hasbro, have you ever considered making Clone Wars figures aimed at collectors for the line, because there is certainly a great amount of collectors in this line, who would just love the chance to be able to get figures aimed towards them?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #988 on: November 13, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
I'm going to rewrite your question some, just based on what questions I've seen stand the best chances of getting us good, clear answers.

Dear Hasbro

Throughtout the Star Wars: The Clone Wars line there has been a distinct lack of Separatist characters being made into figures. That is not counting the above usual Droids and leaders like Grievous or Dooku. So, will we be seeing some new Separatist leaders in TCW line at some point? And that's not just counting generals like Osi Sobeck, Wat Tambor etc. How about a Lux Bonteri figure, possibly from his season 4 gear? I'm sure many collectors would go for the chance to get a figure that is collector-centered. Speaking of which, Hasbro, have you ever considered making Clone Wars figures aimed at collectors for the line, because there is certainly a great amount of collectors in this line, who would just love the chance to be able to get figures aimed towards them?

edited to something like this:

Dear Hasbro

Throughout the Star Wars: The Clone Wars line, there has been a distinct lack of Separatist characters being made into figures other than Droids and high-profile characters like Grievous, Ventriss, or Dooku. Will we be seeing some new Separatist leaders in the TCW line at some point? That's not just counting generals like Osi Sobeck and Wat Tambor - how about a Lux Bonteri figure, possibly in his season 4 gear?

I dropped this section for reasons explained below:
I'm sure many collectors would go for the chance to get a figure that is collector-centered. Speaking of which, Hasbro, have you ever considered making Clone Wars figures aimed at collectors for the line, because there is certainly a great amount of collectors in this line, who would just love the chance to be able to get figures aimed towards them?

The Q&A Kids have more or less answered this a few times before.  Their answers - from what I recall offhand - are remarkably inconsistent,   "All our figures are collectible" running to "Kids make up the majority of our sales, not collectors" - so let's not give them any weasel-room.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #989 on: November 13, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
I'm fine with that DocOutlands, it does seem better off the way you changed it.