Author Topic: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog  (Read 53780 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Bloggy Blog Blog
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
I may still call the chief of police and see what I have to to register a formal complaint. Oh, I almost forgot, this made me late for my birthday surprise party. Oh well, it was just one of those whacky days.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2008, 03:16:24 PM »
Ok Shawn, having worked parades before I know what a pain in the butt to work.  I can understand where he was coming from.  You may have just been the unlucky person who he vented on.  You may have been the 19th person trying to get through the road and he was just getting a little tired and you just got his wrath.  That being said, there is still no excuse for his atitude and the way he handled your deal.  Now if you would have said it was lets say a very major crime scene or an incident that may have put in harms way, sadly to say that is how those things are handled, need to get people out of the area and do not have time to explain.  A parade does not reach that level.  Now to file a complaint, that is your call, I can't tell you one way or another, but it is your right.  It does seem he does have a temper and atitude that may need some attention.  But then it depends on his Chief, do you think he will pay any attention to it.  I know mine would and I would get a nice cosy chat with the boss.  I f you feel that this is how he deals with people in general then he does have some issues.  I hope this helps.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
Thanks for your input Chad. I am making some polite inquiries into this officer as I do have a few friends from the local police force who are checking on this character. If I get back some similar type reports I believe I may file a complaint. I am pretty much over it now, but I just can't fathom that type of attitude with the general public. I could understand if I was downright defiant or obnoxious, but as you guys know that just ain't my style and I did feel he went a bit too far. Still, we all have our off days, myself included.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 02:06:33 AM »
Happy Birthday buddy...... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2008, 04:39:03 AM »
Happy Birthday buddy...... ;)

Thanks Greg. I turned thirty seven and it feels like seventy seven! I think I may be getting the flu now too which is not what I want to have this time of year. Maybe its just a bad cold. Hey, its Veterans Day today so I don't have to go to work which is good. I need to go get a front page news item up thanking our veterans.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »
Happy birthday Shawn, and thanks for serving your country!
  37, wow! By now you are starting to feel it, arn't you?  I'm 39, by the way.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »
Bout time you joined the 37 club!, Happy Birthday Bud!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2008, 05:49:28 AM »
Thanks guys, this birthday has me feeling under the weather. I am trying to tell myself its just a cold, its just a cold, its just a cold. I go get a flu shot tonight so we will see how that goes. I feel awful.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2008, 06:45:04 AM »
Well, if you ain't puking of have diarrhea, then it's a cold.  Here's what you do...

Take 2 Tylenol Cold capsules and some Echinacea (sp?) and drink a half gallon of orange juice.  Eat a Subway footlong sub sandwich loaded with everything you like on it.  Let it all settle and do something that makes you sweat for 2 hours or so.  Drink plenty of water while you do it.  Take a nice hot shower and go to sleep, make sure you go to be early enough to get 8-12 hours of sleep.  You will wake up feeling great.  Always works for me.  The cold capsules, vitamin, and orange juice provide an initial defense against the bug.  The sandwich is full of vitamins and nutrients, which your body uses in metabolism to rebuild the immune system and provide energy.  The sweat removes the toxin from the body through the pores, the water prevents dehydration.  The sleep lets the new white blood cells and immune system work through the body to rebuild and repair, so that when you awaken, you're all refreshed!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »
SUBWAY! Eat Fresh.....lol.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:30 AM »
well coming from and EMT I might just have to give that cure a try! I was just starting to feel queezy in the stomach, but no loose BMs yet! I will try your cure by tomorrow and let you know. Thanks Pat!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
Well I go in for my six month check up for my bp and cholesterol tomorrow. I hate going to the doctor. I would almost rather take a beating. As it has been awhile since my last update I will share a bit. My little girl has decided each day it is time to open her Xmas presents. We have so far put her off with an advent calendar which she gets to open one slot a day. It is hilarious. Man I am hoping the diaper thing is almost gone too. She is almost, almost ready. I know not to push her, but man I will be glad when the diapers are gone!

My brother has sure decided to show up lately and take care of some of my deer population. It was funny to hear him call me last night and talk about how "we" didn't want to shoot any more small ones and wait for "Mr. Big". Still it has been a fairly good deer season for me overall. I am seeing some good buck sign right by the house now and if I can get him to slip up once maybe I can post more pics. From the sign I am seeing he should be a wallhanger. It looks like it is time for a meeting so off I go. Let me hear updates from the rest of you please!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »
Well guys it has been some time since I updated this so here goes:

The wife has had some issues with some horrible stomach pain and we have yet to figure out what it is. I am starting to be known by name in the local ER and that is not good! She has been up and about the last few days so that is good news. I have been bothered by some type of burning back/stomach pain and am trying to get that figured out too. Still, I am up and about so I ain't whining too much.

My little gal is still a joy. We had a snow day the other day and we heard some noise from her room. Low and behold she climed out of her three and a half foot high crib and was turning on all the lights in the living room se we would get up! We have a monitor and heard some noise up in her room, but we sure didn't think she was rapelling! Needless to say we converted her crib into a daybed kind of thing so now she is getting up in the night and turning on lights, but she isn't climbing Everest either! She is so daggone smart I don't know what I am gonna do with her in a few years. Still, every house needs at least one Evie! She is a tornado on two legs, but when she sneaks into our bed in the morning and says, "I love you Daddy", so you don't get cross with her and send her back to bed its priceless.

I am still spending most weekends building the office cabinets. I must say my father in law has helped me there a good bit. We are in the process now of getting two small countertops made and boy are they expensive. 300 bucks has been the cheapest estimate and it is only one small chunk (about a three foot width) and a four by four corner section. We are only trying to get pretty cheap stuff at that! Now we are onto building the upper cabinets, one with a barrister look and another regular one in a 19 inch depth to give the wife more music storage space. Then we tackle the corner section and I hope to be done. We are having a hard time figuring out exactly what we want to do there, but the wife will take care of that in short order I am guessing.

Still, it is time to get superbowl oriented. My Steelers are doing the big game on Sunday.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2009, 08:46:17 AM »
Tamer, my wife is going for the Cardinals and says that your Steelers arnt going to make it.

Dude, I am sorry to hear about your and your wife's health issues and wish things would clear up for you guys.

Your little one sounds like she is growing like a weed. What a sweetheart!

The cabinets sound like a big job. Any chance of some update pics?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
I will try to snap a few pics of the job so far. That or maybe wait till the countertops are in.