Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

Doc's Datapad

(1/13) > >>

DocOutlands:
You know how sometimes you get a crazy fragment of an idea that you need to capture before it escapes so you can come back to it later?  I'm getting some of those in fairly quick succession.  I figured I'd start a Datapad on here, so folks can see my crazy fragments and maybe toss in comments or warnings, thus allowing me to benefit from multiple creative centers.

Clonehead:
sounds good to me, Doc. Let me guess, you are planning to concoct a chocolate and mushroom omlett?

DocOutlands:
Detcharges - we already got 'em!  Came in a Han Solo Endor fig and one of the accessory packs.  I have some.  I'll be making molds of them.

Detpacks - the RC's favorite door-knocker!  Also features prominently in the Battlefront arsenal.  They are your basic timebomb - semi-cylindrical explosives, electronics panel, and everything.  I've got an ammo-container somewhere in my shop - I think it is a Heller piece - that is a pair of joined cylinders.  One of the bundles of mixed action fig pieces I got was a belt with scads of electronic boxes on it.  The belt was waaaaay too big for a SW fig, but the boxes can be cut free and thinned down for other projects - like door-controls, light-bridge controls, or...detpacks!!  So, I'm going to try trimming down one of the console boxes to fit onto the ammo-canister and then cast them.  ARCs and RCs need plenty of ways to make things go boom!

DocOutlands:

--- Quote from: Clonehead on June 04, 2009, 11:38:25 AM ---sounds good to me, Doc. Let me guess, you are planning to concoct a chocolate and mushroom omlett?

--- End quote ---

I'm hoping that's a warning to NOT go that route...
 ;D

Clonehead:

--- Quote from: DocOutlands on June 04, 2009, 11:44:50 AM ---Detcharges - we already got 'em!  Came in a Han Solo Endor fig and one of the accessory packs.  I have some.  I'll be making molds of them.

Detpacks - the RC's favorite door-knocker!  Also features prominently in the Battlefront arsenal.  They are your basic timebomb - semi-cylindrical explosives, electronics panel, and everything.  I've got an ammo-container somewhere in my shop - I think it is a Heller piece - that is a pair of joined cylinders.  One of the bundles of mixed action fig pieces I got was a belt with scads of electronic boxes on it.  The belt was waaaaay too big for a SW fig, but the boxes can be cut free and thinned down for other projects - like door-controls, light-bridge controls, or...detpacks!!  So, I'm going to try trimming down one of the console boxes to fit onto the ammo-canister and then cast them.  ARCs and RCs need plenty of ways to make things go boom!

--- End quote ---
Now you are talking about modification to parts prior to casting. Way to go, Doc. You are learning too fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version