Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2010  (Read 3581 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: NaNoWriMo 2010
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »
Score.

Go me.

HOLY FREEKIN COW, I JUST TURNED IN A VERIFIED 50,316 WORD NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IN 30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IN MY FIRST YEAR TO ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, and um... it isn't finished yet.  There's quite a bit of work needed to edit it into a readable format - which will add to the word-count.  And subtract from it.  Or something.  I dunno - I've never written a novel, let alone edited one.  Well, before now.  But I think I'll wait until Thursday or Friday before starting to edit it. 

Maybe.
;D

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 04:21:37 AM »
congrats doc  we look forward to reading its unadulterated awesomeness  :)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 05:05:38 AM »
Sounds like a major project Doc. Good luck on it! When do we get to see your work?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 06:22:26 AM »
Well, I'll likely start editing it later this week - if I wait that long!  Once I have a readable draft, rather than the loosely-connected bundle of scenes it currently is, I'll be looking for readers.  I doubt I'll have problems finding such!  ;D  I think the easiest thing for me to do is to host it somewhere for interested parties to download.

Warning - it started out as Star Wars fan-fic and I did some diverging from strictly SW partway thru.  So what starts out as, for example, references to Gran become references to the Vassfforcians.  Mandalorians become the Cellics.  And so on.

I think as I've printed everything out with each scene starting on a new page, it hit 170 pages.

Also, thanks to Open Office not knowing how to freeking COUNT WORDS, I ended up needing to write nearly 3,000 words yesterday.  I did it, but I had to be sneaky.  See, the story had gotten to the point that I had several places that needed 200-300 word additions to existing scenes.  But to turn out 3,000 words, I needed a long uninterrupted section to write.  So, in the end to get my verifiable 50k, I started what amounts to a whole new short-story based around a set of supporting characters I had developed.

And dangit - I went and got interested in the guys, so now I gotta go back and FINISH *THEIR* STORY!!!  rotflmao

But now that I am through with the contest/competition/bragging-rights deal, I can snatch in the short story I have posted here - "Shore Leave."  That adds something like 5k words, but I couldn't use them, as I'd written the story before November.  So... I fluffed my story legally.  :P

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 07:24:10 AM »
I think the easiest thing for me to do is to host it somewhere for interested parties to download.

I think that is a good idea.
Good luck with this amazing project!!