Author Topic: The Battle of Ord Mantell  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
The Battle of Ord Mantell
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:29:30 AM »
My new fan fiction! This story takes place in the time of the Old Republic and is about a Republic Trooper named Garyth "Doc" Baldor as he and many other Republic Troopers are fighting Separatists. I will post the first part very soon.
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: The Battle of Ord Mantell
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »
what you mean sith troopers or are you talking about anakin era

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
what you mean sith troopers or are you talking about anakin era
It takes place a few hundred years after KOTOR.
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »
ahhh okay

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26:03 AM »
The Republic Cruiser approached the planet of Ord Mantell, carrying reinforcements for the Republic troopers on the planet. Their casualties have gone up and their morale is low from many artillery strikes and guerilla ambushes by the Separatists. The troops aboard the Republic Cruiser Trinity are currently in cryo sleep, but the ship’s crew will soon awaken them.

Part 1: D-Day

Garyth awoke to the sound of his cryo chamber opening.

"Rise and shine, Doc!" Sergeant Church said.

"Morning Sarge." Garyth said to his officer.

"Son, did you know that if you call me Sarge, I could kill you?" Sergeant Church said to Garyth.

“Well if I called you sir you would kill me anyways.” Garyth replied.

“Hmm, point taken.” Sergeant Church said. He then walked off to open up the other pods, then Garyth yelled, “Sarge!”

“What?”

“What should I do now?”

Get your gear,” Sergeant Church yelled, “And get to a gunship!”

Garyth did as his Sergeant told him to do. He went to he armory where he saw his friend, Surge.

“How ya doing, Surge?” Garyth asked.

“Pretty good. My armor still fits and I can kick some Seppy ass.” Surge said.

“ Ha ha ha, that’s good to hear.” Garyth said to Surge as he was putting on his armor.

“ Doc, why do you still wear that old red armor? Are going to be painting it a different color anytime soon?” Surge asked.

“Maybe.” Garyth said. Then the ship’s intercom went off.

“All Republic troopers, please report to the hangar. All Republic troopers please report to the hangar.”

Garyth and Surge ran to the hangar and loaded onto gunship 7-1 Zulu.

“Gunship 7-1 Zulu this is Alpha-Delta 2-3 you are clear for launch.” The launch control crewman said.

“Roger that Alpha-Delta 2-3, we are launching now. 7-1 Zulu out.” The pilot said.

“Good luck boys! Be safe and give em hell!” The crewman said.

The gunship left the hangar, following many others down to the Republic bases. 7-1 Zulu went to Republic base Alpha. The unloading ramp came down and we all walked out. The veteran soldiers were staring at us and some were saying, “Reinforcements? Reinforcements are here?”

Some of the men on the gunships were carrying supply crates, and the rest just walked out. We all circled around Captain Dart and he was going to say something, but before he could say a word, a Republic trooper yelled, “SEPPY ARTILLEY STRIKE! GET TO COVER!”

We all ran into the nearest building, and others hid inside foxholes. The artillery pounded the ground like a drum, and it was defeaning. Three minutes later, the artillery stopped. We all walked outside and then a Republic trooper came inside and said, “You guys got a medic?”

I raised my hand and he told me to follow him. We ran to a civilian, she was on the ground and she was in pain. I took out my medical scanner and scanned her. She had a broken leg and a concussion. She probably was running to cover when a shell hit the ground behind her, and when she hit the ground, she broke her leg and hit her head, causing the concussion. I gave her a bacta shot and told the trooper that we had to get her to the field hospital. We carried her on a stretcher and brought her to the field hospital, and the doctors said they would take care of her.

Hours later, we had to go to bed, because we were going to assault the Separatist artillery base.

To be continued.....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:49:43 AM by Irish Ninja 97 »
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline Project-Durge

• Lieutenant
  • "I will sharpen my teeth upon this boy's bones!"
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:12:39 AM »
 :o That was incredible!

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
Thanks PD
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
Part 2: The Artillery Field

“Rise and shine boys!” Yelled Captain Dart over the intercom. Garyth and the other soldiers woke up. Many new soldiers covered their ears with a pillow, but everyone else got up and went to the mess hall. When they got to the mess, they couldn’t believe their eyes. A buffet of eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, and coffee was waiting for them. The soldiers all looked at each other, then looked at the buffet, then ran like a stampede of banthas towards the buffet. Garyth was the fifth one in line and Surge was the first.

After receiving his food from the buffet, Garyth sat down next to Surge.

Hey, Surge.” Garyth said while sitting down.

Hey, Garif,” Surge said while his mouth was full, then he swallowed and said, “Oh, this is Brik and Shuffler.” He said while pointing at two troopers sitting across the table.

“Hi.” Garyth said while taking a drink of his coffee. Brik gave a friendly wave, but Shuffler only sat there and shuffled a deck of playing cards.

After the soldiers ate all there food, they all assembled in the courtyard where Captain Dart was giving the mission briefing.

“Now, this artillery field has been here for a long time. The Seppies use it to hit our base, or they send in a few guys to catch us off guard and kill us, then run away. Now, we are a professional army. We will not fight as guerillas we will fight together. Now, here’s the plan. Echo and Zulu squads will engage the enemy here, so the Seppies will be distracted. Then Havoc squad will move in, kill the artillery teams, and blow up those God-forsaken cannons.” Captain Dart explained, “Now relax a bit, because we leave at 0800.”

Surge, Brik, Shuffler, and Garyth went to the barracks and played poker. Shuffler dealed the cards and we started. Then Brik said this, “Hey, I got the numbers that are written on the Sith Emperor’s forehead: 6,6,6.

“Well I got something that you all forget to do when you go to the bathroom,” Garyth said, “Flush! Ha ha!” Garyth said while laying down his cards and taking all the credits.

Time: 0800

“Men. Today is the day of our vengeance! That damn cannon has killed many men and women. Well, we’re gonna kill them for all the men and women they’ve killed! Now let’s move out!”

The group of soldiers left the base. Entering the artillery field, the soldiers were shocked. The defenses of the artillery field was much more then expected. Garyth and Surge, both in Havoc squad, followed many other soldiers and hid behind trees and in bushes. The Separatists saw Echo and Zulu squads, and they all charged toward them. With minimal defenses at the artillery field, Havoc squad got out of their hiding place and started shooting. Garyth shot a Separatist soldier in the chest, and he fell to the ground. Surge shot two Seppies and killed them both. Shuffler tossed a sticky grenade and killed three Seppy soldiers. The artillery cannon’s crew were killed, some men stayed behind to set charges on the cannons, but the rest ran to help Echo squad and Zulu squad. Garyth and Surge were two of the many soldiers who ran to help. Garyth hit a Seppy with the stock of his gun, and then shot another soldier. Then, Garyth heard a call, “MEDIC!”

He ran to the soldier who called for a medic. It was Brik! Shuffler was down. Garyth ran towards Shuffler and asked, “What happened?”

“A sniper shot Shuffler in the shoulder!” Brik said. Garyth took out a cloth and a bacta shot. He stuck the needle into the wound, injected the bacta, and gave the cloth to Brik. “Put this on the wound.” Garyth said while walking away.

“Where are you going?” Brik asked.

“I’m gonna kill that Goddamn sniper!” Garyth said.

Garyth ran towards a light that was followed by a sniper shot. He saw the sniper, snuck up behind him, and tackled him. Garyth pinned him to the ground and pulled out a pistol.

“Who are you? Who do you work for?” Garyth said to the Chiss sniper. Then, he noticed the Sith Empire’s insignia on his uniform. “Imperial bastard!” Garyth yelled. He punched the Chiss in the gut, and he was knocked out. He carried the Imperial sniper out to the battlefield. He carried him back to the barracks where he would be interrogated.

Garyth walked over to Brik and asked, “Where’s Shuffler?”

“He’s… he’s… dead,” Brik said, “He bled out.”

“I’m sorry,” Garyth said, “He was a good man. He’ll be missed.”

To be continued…
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »
I like it. I like it alot.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Thanks, 64!
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline beige-4

• Banned
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »
this is looking good cant wait for more