Author Topic: Disney to creat Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios!  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Disney to creat Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios!
« on: June 14, 2013, 04:53:05 AM »
Now this is great news. I saw two articles on Facebook (posted there) that pretty much give us this:

"So what about Star Wars Land? The logical places for that expansion would be on either side of the existing Star Tours ride. From what I've heard, it appears that the expansion would take out the area between Star Tours and the auto stunt show stadium, including the Muppet theater and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area. But I've also heard of consideration of going in the opposite direction, which would place the new land on the site of the Backlot Express restaurant and Indiana Jones stunt show theater. Given that the Indy theater's used for several other events throughout the year, and that both the Muppets and Honey I Shrunk the Kids attractions long ago passed the height of their popularity, I'm hearing more forceful arguments for the first option. This appears to be a five-year project, putting completion in 2018, though Disney could choose to throw money at it and accelerate it by a year."

and

"I spoke to a Disney Cast Member who not only confirmed Niles' report, but added some new information. This Cast Member heard directly from Disney supervisors that Disney is discussing building a Cantina-themed restaurant in the new Hollywood Studios Star Wars area. Last April, the blog Disney and More reported that a restaurant modeled after Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley was being considered for Disneyland Paris. It makes sense to bring a major renovation like a Cantina restaurant to multiple locations, in the same way that Star Tours: The Adventures Continue opened at several Disney parks around the world in 2011. Speaking of Star Tours, it seems like that attraction will be receiving upgrades as part of the Star Wars land. "Expect to see new levels added to Star Tours and some more interactive attractions, possibly an additional ride," my Disney source said. However, my source added that "most of the expansion will be environments and character meet-and-greet areas."

This sounds great to me, but I would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Disney to creat Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:04:08 AM »
Sounds like I can postpone my Disney trip for a few years to wait for this. It might be hard to get me out of that particular park though.

I'll be wanting one of those cantina restaurant shooter glasses for my shot glass collection plus any other exclusive shirts/figures that I can get my hands on.

I'm excited about this news.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Disney to creat Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
Gonna have to take John to Disneyland when they get it up and running. The Cantina would be a must!!!