Author Topic: Showing off for the Cub Scouts!  (Read 1317 times)

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Showing off for the Cub Scouts!
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:24:19 AM »
Last night, just before we were scheduled to record ep 49 with BCA, Lucas an I were invited for the first time to show off our work at a public event. The event was the Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scout pack 374 in Melbourne Florida. I have to say we were honored to be invited not just because we could show off our work but also because I myself am an Eagle scout and Lucas is well on his way to eagle at his current rank of Star scout. So we had a nice table where we set up our display of Star Wars customs and stock figs. We were immediately bombarded with both boys and parents looking at out work and asking questions about it. The two hours flew by like five minutes. The pack even brought there owm IMP personnel to guard the work while we went to grab a plate of food. My only regret is I could not get a pic of us with the IMPs because we were so surrounded by boys. Ah well we just had a great time. We want to thank Pack 374 and Mr. Joshua Ryan for having us!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:07:19 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Showing off for the Cub Scouts!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »
Now that is just plain cool. Off to the front page.

I hear you on that pic of you two with those Imperial Troopers. Man, what a great day.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:47 AM »
Too cool!  I would've loved Cub Scouts even more if this was the stuff we got to do back then!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Very cool and honorable to volunteer your time to make an impact on the youth! Awesome display items too!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:57:40 AM »
Very cool Chad! I know those kids were stoked to see your work.