Author Topic: Kansas City Comicon 2013 April 6-7  (Read 6817 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Kansas City Comicon 2013 April 6-7
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:05:45 AM »
It's still kind of early for any sort of guest list to appear but the big announcement is that it is to be at a larger venue Downtown at Bartle Hall which is more than twice the floor space of the Overland Park convention center where it has been held for the last few years. I guess it was pretty crowded last year but I missed it as I and the wife were on our honeymoon.  More floor space means more vendors. I and the wife will certainly be in attendance.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Kansas City Comicon 2013 April 6-7
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:50:46 AM »
Still a bit early for guest announcements but Tome Kane "voice of Clone Wars Yoda" and Adam Baldwin "Chuck, Firefly" are to be in attendance.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:27 AM »
and the guest list is starting to pile up.
I have a small collection of autographed carded action figures with only big and little bobas signed by their respective actors. Now, i need to find a chewie, darth maul, and g guard to take with me to get signed.

the wife is excited to go but disappointed that Peter Mayhew wont be dressed as chewie

here is a link to the official site.
http://planetcomicon.wordpress.com/

Richard LeParmentier – Actor

MEDIA GUESTS
Daphne Ashbrook - Actress/Singer

Daphne Ashbrook – Actress/Singer
Daphne Ashbrook *

Doctor Who, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Daphne Ashbrook played the 8th Doctor’s companion Grace Holloway in the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie, starring Paul McGann. She was also the title character, Melora, in one of the most popular episodes of Star Trek:DS9. You’ve seen her most recently as Jackie Kowalski on the TeenNick series, Hollywood Heights. She has also been featured on NCIS, The O.C.,  Jag, Pacific Palisades, Murder She Wrote, Falcon Crest, The A-Team, Riptide, and Hardcastle and McCormick. Daphne is one of very few performers who have appeared in both the Doctor Who and Star Trek franchises.
Adam Baldwin - Actor

Adam Baldwin – Actor
Adam Baldwin *

Firefly, Chuck. Adam Baldwin is known for his roles as Animal Mother in Stanley Kubrick’s movie Full Metal Jacket, Ricky Linderman in My Bodyguard, Knowle Rohrer in The X-Files, Marcus Hamilton in Angel, and Chad Shelten in Day Break. He also established a cult following as Jayne Cobb in Firefly and Serenity. More recently, he starred as Colonel John Casey on Chuck, as well as provided the voice of Decepticon Breakdown in Transformers: Prime. Baldwin also provided the voice of Clark Kent/Superman in the first DC animated universe movie, Superman: Doomsday, and also voices the character in the massively multiplayer online game, DC Universe Online.
Julia Benson - Actress

Julia Benson – Actress
Julia Benson *

Stargate Universe. Julia Benson stars as 2nd Lt. Vanessa James in the Syfy television series Stargate Universe. The Canadian actress won a 2010 Leo award as “Best Supporting Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series” for the Stargate Universe episode ”Pain”. In 2011 Julia formed Nine Worlds Entertainment, with her husband Peter Benson and their producing partner Ryan Copple. They have just completed principal photography on the feature film Death Do Us Part in which Julia is one of the lead actors. Julia also starred in a leading role opposite Robert Knepper (Prison Break) in Syfy’s movie Earth’s Final Hours.
Nicholas Brendon - Actor

Nicholas Brendon – Actor
Nicholas Brendon *

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Nicholas Brendon, who received critical and popular acclaim for his portrayal of sensitive, wisecracking Xander Harris on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, turned to acting when his aspirations of playing professional baseball were squelched by a serious arm injury. He has also appeared in a variety of film and television roles over his twenty year career including Kitchen Confidential, Criminal Minds, and Private Practice. He has been nominated for three Saturn Awards as Best Genre TV Actor and Best Genre TV Supporting Actor.
Blair Butler - Writer/TV Host

Blair Butler – Writer/TV Host
Blair Butler

Fresh Ink, Attack of the Show. Kansas City native Blair Butler has made her name in Hollywood as a writer, comedian, comic book reviewer, producer, and television host with credits on G4?s Attack of the Show and X-Play. She’s appeared on MTV’s Top 10 Best and Worst Video Games of all Time and Comedy Central’s Premium Blend. She has also created comic books, recently writing Image Comics’ Heart, which was drawn by fellow Kansas City native Kevin Mellon, who will also be appearing at Planet Comicon. Blair Butler’s father is longtime Kansas City Star film critic Robert Butler.
gamorreanguardjpStephen Costantino *

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Stephen Costantino was on the set of Return of the Jedi with his friend, Corey Dee Williams, when they were asked to be in the production. Costantino portrayed a Gamorrean Guard in service to Jabba the Hutt. Both characters died on the sail barge during the battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon. Costantino has done very few appearances and even most avid Star Wars fans have not obtained his autograph on the Gamorrean Guard toys or photos. He will have a selection of photos that will include images of him taken on set with Billy Dee Williams’ own camera and not available anywhere else. These include an image of him in costume, on set, but without his masks. Star Wars completists take note of the rare opportunity to obtain this rare autograph.
Lou Ferrigno

The Incredible Hulk, The King of Queens. Lou Ferrigno is an internationally famous bodybuilder and actor, who first appeared on television in 1977 as the “The Incredible Hulk” He got his start in bodybuilding, winning his first Mr. Universe title at age 21. He starred in the documentary Pumping Iron. He has also appeared in films including Hercules (1983) and Sinbad of the Seven Seas (1989)  He has appeared on television shows including a recurring role on The King of Queens. He had a cameo appearance as a security guard in the big-budget Hulk movie in 2003 and was featured as himself in the recent film comedy I Love You, Man.

Walter Jones *

Tom Kane

Clare Kramer *

Richard LeParmentier *

Peter Mayhew

Lee Meriwether *

Ray Park *

George Takei *

Lindsay Wagner - SUNDAY ONLY

Wil Wheaton *

Adrienne Wilkinson

Corey Dee Williams *

CREATOR GUESTS OF HONOR

Neal Adams *

Scott Snyder *

CREATOR GUESTS

Jason Aaron

Josh Adams *

Jason Arnett

Brian Azzarello *

Peter Bagge *

Scott Beaderstadt

Terry Beatty

Elizabeth C. Bunce

Cullen Bunn

Rick Burchett

C.B. Cebulski *

CW Cooke

Anna-Maria B. Cool

Rob Davis

Gerry Duggan *

Matt Fox

Rudy Garcia

Stephen Gilpin

Patrick Gleason *

Caleb Goellner

Alex Grecian

Chris Grine

Mark L. Groves

Jeremy Haun

Phil Hester - SUNDAY ONLY

Levi Hoffmeier

Dennis Hopeless

Greg Horn

Thomas Hotka

Terry Huddleston

Brian Hurtt

Jennifer Janesko

Georges Jeanty *

Dave Johnson

Damont Jordan

Matt Kindt

Gerry Kissell *

Jason Latour

Ant Lucia

Steve Mannion

Kevin Mellon

Holly Messinger

Jeremy Mohler

Buster Moody

B. Clay Moore

Tony Moore

Jeffrey Moy

Philip Moy

R.L. Naquin

Darren Neely

Yen Nguyen

Jai Nitz

Angus Oblong

Dan Panosian

Dan Parent

Ande Parks

Seth Peck

Brent Peeples

Laura Pelick

Pixel Portrayal

Tim Proctor

Scott Quick

Keven Reinke

Nathen Reinke

Ellen Robinett

Don Rosa

Steven Sanders

Dan Scott

Eric Shanower

Todd Aaron Smith

Cat Staggs

Rick Stasi

Kyle Strahm

Ben Templesmith

Frank Tieri *

Ethan Van Sciver *

Tyler Walpole

Aaron Walther

Bryan Ward

Freddie Williams II

Robert Wilson IV

Darryl Woods

Skottie Young

SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS

Delorean Time Machine

Traveling The Vortex live podcast

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:48:03 AM »
Sounds fun. Take lots of pics and I will create an image gallery for it.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:55:44 AM »
Looks like fun! I can't wait to see the pics. There is also a Joe Con in Kansas. I was asked by Ratfink Customs to join the others contributing a few figures for a group diorama build. I talked to Chad last night and he will be contributing as well. The theme is Joe Characters in Steampunk style, should be quite cool. I need to find the official info on it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:31 AM »
Please help there, LE. I cant find any info for a kansas joe con

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »
Well I was wrong Clint, It starts April 4th and is in Indianapolis Indiana.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »
Well I was wrong Clint, It starts April 4th and is in Indianapolis Indiana.
As my heart sinks to the floor, I realize why i couldnt find any kc joe con this year. You owe me an exclusive joecon pick up now. You are still going, right?

back to the kc show, my plan is to continue my collection of carded action figures with actors autographs by adding Tome Kane on a CW Yoda card, Ray Park on a tvc Maul card, and that gamorrien guard guy on its TVC card, if I can find one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 05:50:44 AM »
Hey Clint, I made a graphic for you today!

The Clonehead invades Kansas City Comic-Con!

http://planetcomicon.wordpress.com/

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 07:05:52 AM »
Man wish I had known about this sooner. I guess I just missed the announcements online (sometimes I am totally oblivious to the obvious). I live 6 hours away, but would have planned it out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
Check out the front page for the first video.

I also started up the Image Gallery:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/Galleries/the-clonehead-invades-kansas-city-comic-con-2013

The first video is up too:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
Some of the images in the gallery now:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
Thanks Shawn, for being my upload buddy here at the site and for making that gallery. I have 11 shots to post now and another 20 or so when I find the cord to my other camera including shots of my massive comicon haul.

It took us 30 min in line to get to buy our tickets this morning just 15 min after the gates opened. When the wife and I walked into the hall, I would make a light estimate of roughly 10,000 patrons at the show. Dudes, it was packed! Getting from one end to the other was like a 20 min affair. And there were costumed folks all over the place. I had tried to park as close as possible just in case I needed to take a load of goodies to the car and ended up in a parking garage probably 15min worth of walking distance from the main hall floor. It didnt take us 30 min to get enough stuff in our mitts to need that trip to the car and by the time we got back, I would estimate another 5,000 people had piled in. We are talking shoulder to shoulder fanboy madness.
At one point, I was in a booth full of loose figures at amazing prices and when it was time to duck out to go and settle up, I had to hold my stomach and say in a sickly voice "excuse me, I'm sick" to get people to move for me to egress. "an old George Carlin trick"
  I never seen Howard Chakin, comic artist of some Star Wars titles and American flagg. "good book there" nor did i see admiral motti "spelling?"
Tom Kane was not there when I walked by, nor was Peter Mayhew. By the time, we had gotten to that end of the hall, the average wait time to see one of the media guests looked to be 1 hr with longer lines waiting to see Ray Park and Adam baldwin. The only short lines I seen for Media Guests were for Billie dee Williams son "klatoo" and the Gamorrian Guard Guy. Their autograph price was cheaper at $20 each but the other guests were asking around $30
  I gave up on my dream of a couple of autographs and questions and used that money to buy goodies instead. I Missed talking to Tom Kane  most of all as I would have liked to talk to him about the Clone Wars cancellation. Perhaps he will be there next year. Being a local, he is there every year.
I stopped at the 501st booth, the astromech builders club booth and even stopped by the Sandtroopers booth to talk to Chris and Donovan for a while.

I will post more pics tomorrow including my haul pics

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8264/8626704630_ba3c931e7a_z.jpg

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 04:05:57 AM »
Well don't feel too bad about Tom Kane. Waiting a year might get you better results anyhow. I have a feeling some voice actors might be a bit sour on the house of mouse right now.

Great pics Clint. I added them to the gallery. Looking forward to seeing what else you show us. Thanks for going to all the trouble of doing this so we can see what you got into.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 05:46:37 AM »
Very cool Clint! Looks like tons of fun!