Author Topic: Celebration Europe II - Recap video!  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Celebration Europe II - artwork and exclusive screenings!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
That is great news. Someone might be my only hope to get this. Wohoooo!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - artwork and exclusive screenings!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 04:17:09 AM »
^LOL  :)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - Ink Fusion Tattoo festival
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 04:11:44 AM »
There's more info on the Ink Fusion Star Wars Tattoo festival, which takes place at CE2. I have two SW inspired tattoo bands on my upper arms (my daughters' names in Aurebesh), but I've always been tinkering with the idea of expanding them.

I'll definitely try and get some info from Shane Turgeon (author of the renowned book The Force in the Flesh) and Marc Draven and who knows, I might even end up getting some ink done in Essen!

http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/Whats-Happening/Events-I-R/Ink-Fusion-Tattoo-Festival/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Europe II - Ink Fusion Tattoo festival
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »
That's pretty cool Remco. Dude, take lots of film. I would love to create some galleries for you when you get back of all the C Europe stuff you get into.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Europe II - Festival Updates!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Hey guys I just got a nice invite from Arnie and Marjorie over at SW Action News (just an awesome collecting podcast by the way) and they are trying to get a Collecting Track Showcase started. Here is the email:

Showcase your unique Star Wars collectibles at Celebration Europe 2!

Have an awesome vintage item?  Maybe a really cool limited edition item?  We want to see it!  Bring your Star Wars collectible to the Collecting Track room and show it off!  Items need to be small enough to fit into a standard counter height display case and they will be locked up while on display.  And while you’re at CE2, make sure to stop by and view these truly amazing items.  

If you have something you'd like to share, please e-mail marjorie@swactionnews.com for details!

Remco, I would think they would love to have one of your SW Customs in there to display. I wasn't sure if Ray or Jules or Jay was going either, but there folks are very well respected and just good people to talk too. They love the hobby period.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 04:13:46 AM »
Thanks for the tip, Tamer. I see they have already received their place on the Celebration main page. I'll shoot them an e-mail then :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 06:24:45 AM »
Sounds good Remco. I also saw where I think it was jedinews that was trying to get some neat event with toysrus off the ground too. I think I put it on our Facebook Page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 01:10:15 PM »
This might be fun Remco!

Arnie sends us word about the following CE2 Event, "At Star Wars Celebration Europe 2 the most rare items won't be on the show floor, they'll only be available AFTER DARK. The CE2 Collecting Track is excited to announce Collecting After Dark, a Star Wars Collector's Swap Meet where fans from across the globe can come to trade their Star Wars goods. Bring your items to sell or trade or add some new stuff to your collection. From new to vintage, rare prototypes and more, you never know what you'll find After Dark! So join us Saturday, July 27, 11:00 PM at the Atlantic Congress Hotel, just half a mile from the convention center. The Swap Meet at Star Wars Celebration VI was the spot for collectors to obtain new gems, so don't miss out in Collecting After Dark at CE2!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:29:29 PM by Tamer »

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 11:13:26 AM »
Hey guys I just got a nice invite from Arnie and Marjorie over at SW Action News (just an awesome collecting podcast by the way) and they are trying to get a Collecting Track Showcase started.

Well, I sent Marjorie an email and she promptly replied. I get to dislay some of my customs at their showcase!  :D And of course I get to meet her which is just as cool, because SWAN is indeed a fun and cool podcast to listen to.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
They are good folks Remco. Take lots of pics of your stuff being shown off! I can't wait to post that on our front page.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - Looking back
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:12 AM »
Back from a great second European Celebration. Next time in Amsterdam, please  ;D

Just kidding, Essen was just a great location. Easy to get to, lots of parking space at the convention center, fast moving lines (if there were any) and a wide variety of visitors from all kinds of countries. I had to speak English, German, Dutch and even a petit peu Français ;)

So, recap time then.

On Friday me and Craig (from Chicago, builder of the C-V award winning Carbon Freeze Room diorama) went straight to the Hasbro booth and stood in line for a whopping 10 minutes to get our Black Series Boba/Han packs. Then we went on to Mintinbox.net and over the course of the day collected their exclusive bounty hunter art card set. These are really beautiful and I will post pics of each card sometime this week. Furthermore we bought way too much stuff on the side  ;D

In the evening we went to see RotJ in the Gruga park next to the convention center. What a great experience! The cheers when the big SW logo came into view, the reaction of the crowd when the Rancor died, the "it's a trap!" line, the booing when Hayden appeared as a Force ghost.... brilliant stuff!

On Saturday we mostly visited panels. Warwick Davis.... wow, what a great little show master. Please, have him host the Academy Awards next year! Anthony Daniels, Kathleen Kennedy and Dave Filoni were all very entertaining to listen to. I managed to find Marjorie and Arnie from SWActionNews and had my seven custom figures displatyed for the remainder of the celebration. At the end of the day I interviewed Markus from StarConstrux and we then both watched the pretty awesome docu Lost Secrets of Empire. Very impressive stuff.

On Sunday I mostly sat in a chair and in the afternoon I recorded short videos and took quite a few pics. At the end of the day I went to the collector's panel to score three free StarTots. I also bought two art prints from Spencer L. Brinckerhoff III. He is working on a three part set of prints, based on Vader quotes. Very cool and I will recieve ANH and Empire in a few weeks. Jedi hasn't been finished yet, but I will definitely order that one too.

All in all, I had an awesome time and some really cool discussion with Craig about Celebrations (he's a six time veteran) and the differences between the US, Europe and the Netherlands in particular.

The number of Slave Leias was a bit disappointing, though  ;) Well, at least that guy in Slave Leia bikini I saw at CE1 in London in 2007 wasn't there.... Eeeowww...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:21:55 PM by Mr. Black »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Europe II - Looking back
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
Sounds like a good time Remco. Would sure have loved to have been there.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Re: Celebration Europe II - Pictures! \o/
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »
Alright, friends! Been busy sorting out the pics I took at CE2

Feel free to check them out over here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/remcozwart/sets/72157634879455754/

I'll be adding to this set!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Celebration Europe II - Pictures! \o/
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
Awesome, I am gonna go share this on the front page.

Wow, I am so envious. I would have gotten lost with this!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:49:03 PM by Tamer »